It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Day of the Lord?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: benZadok

what becomes of said worm in the second book of Enoch, which I think is a metaphor for reincarnation.

I couldn't find any references to worms in 2 Enoch.
Some mythologies have the phoenix rising from it's own ashes.
So let's see: Phoenix associated with Sun and Ashes, reminds me of a different view of the day of the LORD, parallel to but different from the Isaiah 66 version.

Malachi 4 WEB
1"For, behold, the day comes, it burns as a furnace; and all the proud, and all who work wickedness, will be stubble; and the day that comes will burn them up," says Yahweh of Armies, "that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall. 3You shall tread down the wicked; for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make," says Yahweh of Armies.

Somehow I prefer cremation over eternally consumed by worms. But then I'd just be dirtying the feet of the army. What a dilemma!
edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Man why is the bible so obsessed with destroying things? It's such a downer. Why can you guys not see that this stuff turns people away?

The recognition of what is real will destroy all things!!! You (people/guys/individuals) believe you are a thing among other things but really there is nothing separate.
The realisation of the one destroys the illusion of all things.
edit on 13-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Man why is the bible so obsessed with destroying things? It's such a downer. Why can you guys not see that this stuff turns people away?

The recognition of what is real will destroy all things!!! You (people/guys/individuals) believe you are a thing among other things but really there is nothing separate.

Here's the hypocrisy of what you are saying here. If we are all connected to god as "the one" then there is no need for a "day of the lord" to kick out non-believers and sinners. If we are all part of "the one" then we will all be reunited with it eventually, but the way the bible is constructed that isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Here's the hypocrisy of what you are saying here. If we are all connected to god as "the one" then there is no need for a "day of the lord" to kick out non-believers and sinners. If we are all part of "the one" then we will all be reunited with it eventually, but the way the bible is constructed that isn't the case.

There is only ever the one. No one needs to be reunited - it is a joke!!
Now is what is happening - no one is doing now - there is no one!

There are words that speak of other than now - because words cannot speak of now. Now is divided into before and after and there might appear to be be someone living in it - a separate person is created (not really though). Stories then arise of someone and separate things - in a dream of separation - but it is not real - it is a illusion.
Only now (Presence) is.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What are you a "Last Thursdayist"?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

What are you a "Last Thursdayist"?

No - I am nothing and everything. Or another way of saying it - nothing which is everything!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The Phoenix and the Chalkydrie is what I remember but you might want to look the letters 1&2 Clement, 1 I think.

Edit:1 Clement

Chapter 25:2

2 Enoch chapter 15 but I apologize you are right the description is in one of the epistles of Clement. 2 Enoch is just a mere mention.
edit on 13-8-2016 by benZadok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2016 by benZadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: benZadok

what becomes of said worm in the second book of Enoch, which I think is a metaphor for reincarnation.

I couldn't find any references to worms in 2 Enoch.
Some mythologies have the phoenix rising from it's own ashes.
So let's see: Phoenix associated with Sun and Ashes, reminds me of a different view of the day of the LORD, parallel to but different from the Isaiah 66 version.

Malachi 4 WEB
1"For, behold, the day comes, it burns as a furnace; and all the proud, and all who work wickedness, will be stubble; and the day that comes will burn them up," says Yahweh of Armies, "that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall. 3You shall tread down the wicked; for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I make," says Yahweh of Armies.

Somehow I prefer cremation over eternally consumed by worms. But then I'd just be dirtying the feet of the army. What a dilemma!

You wouldn't mind either way, you probably would be in a new body with no memory of this life or in a much better place altogether...or oblivion and then you won't know it either way it will be just like you were never born.

The Romans who created heaven and hell actually got the idea from hades of Greek mythology. Even though they didn't seem to care for the Greek myths they must have recognized the usefulness of fear and created Hell and later purgatory to alleviate the fear they caused.

We are related to God , he is family. I don't see the reason for hell, at least not permanently. I think on the day of the "Lord" (hate that title) we return from where we came, only better or if not get another chance until you finally "get it."

I do believe in reincarnation, I believe that we are here to learn and if we learn what we are here to learn we get our immortal "bodies of light."

Sounds like fun!!! Let the morgue worry about your corpse they get paid to embalm you, stuff you in a box and bury you. Hopefully we live long and when we die we are free from planet crazy... that's a good thing, even though it might not seem like it now.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The great day of the LORD.
The LORD's Day.
The day of the LORD.
The Day of the wrath of the LORD.

No matter which term or phrase one uses it all points to the day when the LORD returns to judge the earth and set up the kingdom. It at times speaks of the great white thrown judgment as seen in Rev 20.

No matter which, anyone who is on the receiving end of it will be in big trouble.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: coomba98
So when God says he loves us....

I covered that point;

Since a God is necessarily ”impassive”, unaffected by human emotions, the emotions which are attributed to him, such as jealousy and wrath (and even love), are emotions only by analogy.

The theories about angels and demons are somewhat unbiblical, so I'm not going to get involved in discussing them.

So gods love is a metaphor? for something that isnt love? sounds like doublethink to me. Love is possessiveness, faith is security, death is life.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I found an interesting song posted on a different thread.

It's Bob Marley's Stiff Necked Fools from his posthumous 1983 reggae album, Confrontation

"Stiff Necked Fools"

Stiff-necked fools, you think you are cool
To deny me for simplicity.
Yes, you have gone for so long
With your love for vanity now.
Yes, you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain imagination.

So take Jah Sun, and Jah Moon,
And Jah Rain, and Jah Stars,
And forever, yes, erase your fantasy, yea-eah!

The lips of the righteous teach many,
But fools die for want of wisdom.
The rich man's wealth is in his city;
The righteous' wealth is in his Holy Place.

So take Jah Sun, and Jah Moon,
And Jah Rain, and Jah Stars,
And forever, yes, erase your fantasy, yeah!
Destruction of the poor is in their poverty;
Destruction of the soul is vanity, yeah!

So stiff-necked fools, you think you are cool
To deny me for simplicity, yea-ea-eah!
Yes, you have gone - gone for so long
With your love for vanity now.

But I don't wanna rule ya!
I don't wanna fool ya!
I don't wanna school ya:
Things you - you might never know about!

Yes, you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain - vain imagination:
Stiff-necked fools, you think you are cool
To deny me for, o-ooh, simplicity.

azlyrics.com - stiffneckedfools

I read the whole Wikipedia on Rastifari. Found it interesting.
Shortly before his death Archbishop Abuna Yesehaq baptized Marley into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, on 4 November 1980,
The song does seem to fit in with the topic.
edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: formatting

edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if songs count as arguments now, I see you and raise you "Sinnerman".

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If I had known you can do you tubes I wouldn't have bothered posting the lyrics.
Is that new, new computer?

I didn't post the Bob Marley as an argument.
I listened to it a few times. It isn't immediately apparent who exactly it's addressed to. I suppose it's a "whoever has ears to hear" sort of song. As in "is it me?" as opposed to "must be that other guy". The irony being of course that I thought "those people should hear it". So I'm just one of those guys who says "must be for that other guy." Just can't win for losing.

"Oh sinner man
Where you gonna run to
All on that day
Run from the light
Satan's gonna see you
All on that day
Don't make a sound
The Devils' gonna hear you
All on that day
Run to the Lord
Lord won't you hide me
All on that day
Lord said: Sinner man
You should've been a prayin'
All on that day
The Devil said: Sinner man
Step right in
All on that day

When you dig in the ground
The Devil won't catch you"

Well ain't that something. According to the Seekers, I'm listening to the devil, because going in the ground is sort of the plan. If I don't exist, I won't be running any where all on that day.

When the seed sprouts the new plant feeds on the seed until it's all gone. The seeds that grow on the new plant are new seeds not one of which is the seed that was planted. That seed has been dispersed and will not appear again.

I sort of doubt that that is the teaching of some devil.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've been sharing Youtube on humour and nostalgia threads for ages.
Case in point
But they don't normally fit into my theology threads, where my preference is for my own words.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Right, I thought I remembered seeing you post there. But sometimes you also write "can you give a synopsis for those who can't watch videos" but that was probably for the benefit of people who didn't want to watch a 1:45:23 long video.

Don't mind me too much, I think I'm going through a phase of justifying my self to my past. Odd sort of experience. I think Rex calls it "going through withdrawal".

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The great irony is Yahoshua chided only the religious all through the gospels.He stated it was the religious doctrines of men that made void the living word of the creator God. They religious are the ones he said would be visited in the age of the Lord when he stated those that commit blasphemy of the holy spirit will not have forgiveness(the Greek word aphesis which means freed from bondage) in this age nor the next age(the day of the Lord).

The age of the Lord is not punishment it is the cleansing of the 2nd death in the lake of fire where the religious will be purged of their belief in the false God idol.The context was the Jewish leaders said Yahoshua acts of the creator God were by Beelzebub which is their religious strawman of anything that defied their doctrines of men belief.

As usual the religious believe Yahoshua was speaking of heathen unbelievers when in fact he stated this directly to the religious leaders.Blasphemy(denouncing) of the holy Spirit(true Life) isn’t some heinous crime it is the corruption of the religious state of mind.That is why there is no forgiveness(freedom from bondage) from it because it is a enigmatic dilemma which cannot be eluded.Those that have a religious state of mind can never know their true state of mind because they are completely ignorant of their state of ignorance(Dunning-Kruger effect).

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You are probably misremembering the fact that I refuse to watch videos, if they are simply someone presenting a verbal argument. They are a time-intensive way of receiving information which could be absorbed so much more quickly by reading a written text oneself.
When I first joined this site, the computer I had at the time did not offer the ability to read pdf files. You may be remembering that instead.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

When I first joined this site, the computer I had at the time did not offer the ability to read pdf files.

That's probably it. Any time I link to a pdf file I quote at least 3 paragraphs or so in case people can't open it. Seems a best practices sort of thing to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

The age of the Lord is not punishment it is the cleansing of the 2nd death in the lake of fire where the religious will be purged of their belief in the false God idol.

So here's a story:

My ex-fiancé had a habit of not taking responsibility for things, looking for someone else to blame. One morning she held her hand out to me, with her index finger out.

She said, "Here, take this contact lens."

I looked at her finger, and there was nothing there.

She shook her hand some, "here, just take it!" in a sort of this isn't a request sort of way. So I reached out my hand. As soon as my finger touched hers, she said, "Oh great! Now you lost it! Now you have to buy me a new set."

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but the way you write about "Creator God" and Yahoshua and 2nd death and touchstone, and etc. seems to me like, "take this contact lens". I look, and I don't see anything; nothing to touch, nothing to take.

That's kind of why I posted the Bob Marley. I can't tell who he's addressing. Kind of the same thing.
edit on 13-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Listen to me, my child, and aquire knowledge, and pay close attention to my words.
I will impart discipline precisely
and declare knowledge accurately.

When God created his works from the beginning, and, in making them, determined their boundaries, he arranged his works in an Eternal order, and their dominion for all generations.
They neither hunger nor grow weary,
and they do not abandon their tasks.
They do not crowd one another,
and they never disobey his word
Then he looked upon the earth, and filled it with his good things.
With all kinds of living beings he covered it's surface, and into it they must return.

Sirach 16 24-30

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join