It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What is the Day of the Lord?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM

originally posted by: coomba98
So Gods love is more of a need as opposed to what we perceive as love.

I would interpret it more as a "will for the good of the world". Just as I interpreted "jealousy" and "wrath" as his will to preserve and reclaim what belongs to his authority.

What about when we die and go to heaven, would we have no emotions because we have no body? We'd be a spirit/soul. Or if we go to Hell? How are we tortured if we have no body? How can we despair and be fearful or terrified if we have no body?

I'm not even going to try answering questions where we haven't been given the answers.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
a reply to: MrBlaq

I see. So you are a gnostic then? It is true that I am more unfamiliar with that aspect of Christianity. Most of my experience is within the Catholic denominations since I, myself, used to be RCC. I'm still more prone to doubting it though.

I remain agnostic towards religion. If you can quantify it for me so we can measure it, I'm game, but words and descriptions of how things are supposed to work without being able to thoroughly test it isn't good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No sir, I'm not a gnostic, I just believe that God
meant what he said when he used his prophets
and Christ to reveal his true nature.

God is Love.

In the end he will prove that He is exactly that.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:00 PM
a reply to: DISRAELI

And I have no problem with your approach to this thread as I mentioned in my response to whoever that was. My distaste was not with you but with the slanderous punch at intrp by that member. Thats all.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I think we understand one another, then.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:13 PM
Thank you D

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
Every day is the day of God.

Even if you call God Lord, which I refuse to do because of what Lord means, many humans have adopted this title and the Tanakh version of Lord is the Tetragrammaton YHVH which means, roughly, he who is.

Back to my point, the Bible may refer to the day of Yahweh but it is always referring to the destruction of whatever nation currently is subjecting Israel, who has never really had an independent Kingdom.

Until our modern time, and it has brought misery upon misery to innocent Palestinians and that is something I do not consider the act of God. Many Jews view modern day Israel as anti Torah.

The day of the Lord is the beginning of Paradise on earth, as it is in Heaven.

The final destruction of the evil that exists, when all men and all women realize that religion divides people and everyone stops thinking that there is a such thing as Gods chosen people.

We are all God's children, as Jesus was, as David was and as Adam was.

Hindu, Buddhist, Parsee, Muslim, Christian, Gnostic will all pray to same God by whatever name they use for the Most High God and recognize universal brother/sisterhood is not a religion but a realization that all religions worship the same God because God is not religious and doesn't care what books you revere or minor deities, angels or saints you pray to as he ultimately hears it.

Evil will cease to exist on the day of God.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
As even you stated in your wrath and jealousy post the old testament prophets did not “know” what those constructs are.They used the only words they knew to describe them.However that is all they are....words to ascribe what they wrote .To interpret those words into modern meanings and scenarios and attribute to them as that is what the creator God said hubris and myopic.

There is a very good reason Yahoshua stopped short of his quote of the prophets.They did not know.They were not perceiving truthfully because they perceived their God through their religion. Yahoshua was merely pointing out the prophets were hearing but not listening because they could not perceive the full picture.

Yahoshua never endorses the old testament as being the living word of the creator God he simply calls it a testimony that testifies of Yahoshua(deliverance/salvation) .Contrary to popular Christian belief Matthew 5:17 is not ratifying the old testament.Right after Yahoshua makes this statement he says you have”heard” from men of old BUT I say to you.He was in essence saying the prophets heard but did not perceive by listening(obey) what they heard.It was just one of the many,many times he stated religion was not how the creator God communes.

That leads to the reality of what the “day of the Lord(the creator God) is.Obviously it is not a 24 hour earth period.It is an aion translated age or world.This Age is when all of creation WILL commune with the creator God.The religious belief is the antithesis of that age.To the religious that day is a time of payback vengeance doom and destruction by their “loving” God!..and in one sense it is however it is just the opposite of what the religious believe.

Yahoshua called the precursor the aion flame.John perceived of it and wrote of it in the book of Revelation as the lake of fire (the 2nd death) where what is not in the book of Life(spirit) is tormented(basnizo…tested with a touchstone).In other words it is the final death to the chasm of communing with the creator God…religious belief through faith which is diametrically opposed to what the religious believe.

The religious believe they are already communing with the creator God because they are special(the self chosen many) because they believe that they alone are born again in the spirit yet all the evidence proves the opposite.However in the day of the Lord (age) they will be redeemed(delivered /saved) from themselves from the religion.Only then can a person enter the kingdom of their heavens(the authority of rule of their mind) IN the kingdom of the creator God.

This age is the physical age of belief through faith where/when ALL of mankind perceives EVERYTHING through their Belief System religion(even atheist).The age of the the creator God is when men LIVE(spirit) through the kingdom of their heavens and commune and “know” the creator God.The kingdom of heavens is NOT the religious fairy tale of the afterlife of being in a place called “heaven” somewhere out there having bible studies to “know God.Obviously the details of that Life cannot be known just as a spermatozoon swimming up the Fallopian tube (or even a full grown fetus!) could not perceive and “know” the details of the physical life.

It should be infinitely obvious that mankind has not even been born into Life(spirit) yet because this age is the valley of the shadow of death where EVERYTHING including the universe itself will die! That is the essence of what Yahoshua stated when he proclaimed the Good news of deliverance of the creator God (Yahoshua)…i.e. the REAL birth into Life.Everyone (all of the nations) will experience the new Life because ALL of mankind are the children of Israel(struggles with God’s..i.e..religion).

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM

We may not know all the answers but we have some

Matthew 18:10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

This indicates that God has a body of sorts. Most scripture points towards a spiritual body and some seem to show him in a physical body. A face he has though.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

This seems to show some tangible aspect of heaven. However it could be tangible on a spiritual level. Not physical.

Revelation 5:9-13 And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.” Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

God sits on a throne. This show he has a body and given we are made in his image show his form is human.

Revelation 22:1-5 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

This ones a good description of heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

This suggests we do not have a physical body, so what do we get?

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

So we get a body like Yeshi, who some believe to be God himself.... story for another time. Ok real quick.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life,that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Philippians 4:23 23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

The spirit is our base form and it inhabits the body. And God dwelling place is a spiritual place.

Genesis 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

So how many bodies do we have?

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

So our heavenly bodies in Gods spiritural realm is a spiritual body. Just like Yeshi who is just like the father. Which would mean we would not have the capacity to love just like your understanding of jealousy and wrath. But some type of 'need'.

Do heavenly being feel emotionally? The angel in revalation states.

Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!

To rejoice or be glad are both emotional responses.

Within the context of this discussion i think its clear the spirit can feel emotions.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:56 PM
a reply to: Rex282

There is a ton of wisdom in the Bible but the problem is that people interpret it wrong, which makes God look like a #$%&.

Jesus was clear that the Torah and the Tanakh were built on love. How could that be when the description of God is so vile and malevolent?

The only possibility is that it was being taught that only the Jews were God's people and the whole purpose of this teaching was to preserve the identity of the Jews who were always someone's subject.

Now it was being used to teach that the children of Israel were the sons of light and the rest of the world was heathen barbarians.

Josephus described a certain prophecy that was the cause of Israel's downfall and it was the prophecy of a star from Jacob, scepter from David.

And the amazing thing is he was right. The planned rebellion that you could call the day of the Lord is actually spelled out in detail and it's called the War Scroll from the Dead Sea Scrolls and it centers on this prophecy!

Sons of Light vs the Sons of Darkness aka the War Scroll

Of course we know it didn't end well for the Jews who ended up evicted from Jerusalem and Rome came into possession of their Holy Books and used them to create a so called universal religion which sounds good. But it caused nothing but death and destruction for all who disagreed on the smallest detail or what book was inspired, if Christ was human or God or just a concept.

2000 years later nothing has changed. Clearly if Jesus did exist he was not a Messiah and the Bible is not a true story. Nice guy, righteous buy most standards, but not God or the Messiah.

I actually do like the Gospels, the Old Testament and some of the writings of the New Testament.

I hate what Rome did with his story by turning it into a religion of ''believe or perish, no good deed can save you, knowledge puffs up, only blood sacrifice aka belief in the crucifixion saves."

I prefer to think that knowledge and wisdom were his whole purpose, that he was God's son and so am I, we all are and should learn all we can and make the world a better place.

Faith is great but it doesn't make a dead man God or save you from dying so if a judgement awaits your choice of religion is irrelevant to the deeds you did.

The only thing that could be the true day of God is the day of the end of death and evil.

That's not happening on earth ever because of what we are in nature which is both good and evil. Righteousness is what Jesus taught and what most of us will never be.

If not for the history of the church that uses his name but is all about money and power people might take the teachings seriously. But the proof of what Christianity has done to the world throughout history turns the most righteous people's stomach. Atheist or spiritual you can't deny the persecution not of but by Christianity making the whole thing a giant hypocrisy.
edit on 12-8-2016 by benZadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM

originally posted by: Imhotepic

I'm not sure intrptr is capable of reading such a long and well thought out thread and providing a substantial response.

You got something to add beside character assassination, of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:01 PM
a reply to: intrptr

Is this meant to be a question? I was simply voicing my opinion on the internet. I stick to my words.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You're thinking of Sunday labelled as "the Lord's Day".
Once you read the OP, as distinct from just reacting to the title, you will realise that I am talking about something different.

Every dog has his day, you've heard of that? Thats a day of victory, a day of judgment. After all the wickedness everyone who has ever been victimized has suffered throughout the history of the world, there will be a reckoning, a day of the Lord.

The rest imo, is misinterpretation of old traditions.

As far as that goes, Jesus himself said that we set aside the laws of god by our traditions, one of which being a day 'set aside' for the Lord, whatever thats supposed to mean, lol. He also rebuked observing times and days, and years.

You say you meant something else... thats all i saw.

Edit: If you read this far, oops... okay saw what you did there, and I agree, somewhat.
edit on 12-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit: apology

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM

originally posted by: Imhotepic

I was simply voicing my opinion on the internet.

Yah, right, You were addressing 'the internet'.

Again, What did you have to add to the topic?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:12 PM

I'm not even going to try answering questions where we haven't been given the answers.

We have been given all the answers just some of us can't see things in a new light. We are literally bound by the dogma of the past. Stuck on interpretations made a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
a reply to: Now Padawan benZadok Googlemiser

Hay Padawan welcome back. How many accounts have you had now?

Coomba98... sorry

Summers Eve

edit on 12-8-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

(post by benZadok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:49 PM
a reply to: Padawan benZadok Googlemiser

Padawan, who said i had a beef with you? Your awesome man!!

I may be a fruitcake, but that beats a mud cake any day Padawan.

Ohh and anyone whos been here since December 2015 would know its you.

Only a fool would keep coming back after being banned what 60+ times, or is it more. A dishonest fool ohh foolish Padawan the Googlemiser.

You come here to ATS and show your nature account after account only to be banned time and time again.... and you call me a fool. Hahahaha you funny ohhh foolish Padawan the Googlemiser.

If i had anything intellectual to say you wouldnt understand it so why bother. Hell i doubt you will understand this post.

Do i spend to much time on the net, sometimes yes. But i have a job, girlfriend, hobbies and other things to occupy most of my time. Internet would be a small fraction compared to these.

But hay, the quickness you are to anger is sooooooo entertaining ohhh foolish Padawan the Googlemiser.

Im not going to wait until the day of the lord cause its never coming ohhh foolish Padawan the Googlemiser. What makes you think its coming? Or does this particular account/personality now believes its real... phwoar talk about swapsies of opinion.

Coomba98... sorry

Summers Eve
(Your female friendly companion)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:14 PM
a reply to: MrBlaq

I asked a Christian Pastor one day, if the scriptures state that God's mercy
endureth forever, how can he possibly have a place of torment for souls
burning for all eternity?

WEB Isaiah 66:22"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me," says Yahweh, "so your seed(Judah) and your name shall remain.

23It shall happen, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me," says Yahweh.

24"They shall go forth, and look on the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

So, not eternal torment for souls, just eternally dead bodies eaten by asbestos(or some other fireproof) worms. And every new moon and every Sabbath the survivors go out and look at the spectacle.

Please tell me that's just an allegory or some type of metaphor!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:04 AM
a reply to: pthena

You should check out what becomes of said worm in the second book of Enoch, which I think is a metaphor for reincarnation.

The Phoenix dies and a worm grows from the corpse and reincarnates as the Phoenix, I don't know if it relates to anything you are thinking but the worm triggered my memory of it.

Hell doesn't exist in Judaism though, Christianity invented that. They have Sheol but even then I think they have evolved to at least believe in an afterlife called paradise or heaven.

What better way to keep people in line than to tell them there is a hell for the slightest infraction? Especially uneducated ancient people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>