It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash is it plausible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes I agree, being advanced doesn't mean you can't make mistakes and miscalculations. Being perfect is a unachievable thought in my mind, can something really be perfect?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We don't know their method of propulsion, maybe there's some inherent floor of the probability of a crash that you can lower the danger to. If it deals with quantum probabilities, or is controlled by telepathy, we could be looking at high performance high danger vehicles that hit a brick wall in safety development.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The why is such a hard thing to determine. Unless your in the shoes of the experimenter.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Are you referring to a crash dummy type scenario? I'm having alittle trouble following

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Redrat

And yet we know how to split the atom, but don't know why that works in the grand scale of things.

How and why is important I reckon.

How to break stuff: EASY! Why stuff breaks: ERM!!!

Some might say we have knowledge we shouldn't really have right now. And NO, I am NOT going god on the subject.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I agree can we really say we understand something to the full scale of it? Maybe we can get the whole grasp of something if we create it, but I feel like the answer of 'it just works that way" is a very unintelligent answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: RAY1990

I always wondered why we understood the how more than the why, didn't you ever wonder about that?

I kinda answered that
our child-like nature to tinker... Think early supersonic speeds, bit loony our actions at times.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redrat

Some people believe we could not of created the pyramids, but there are ways to explain it with many workers and some technology. Could we invent a flying saucer on our own? I think we can. Like you stated we are master tinkerers and even if we don't get it fully we can understand some parts.

That being said I wouldn't send a manned probe to a unknown planet either.

As far as I understand the Egyptians didn't understand gravity but they managed to build perfect structures, not downplaying our accomplishments nor venerating genius I just reckon we get their with trial and error, usually miles before we actually work it out.
edit on 12-8-2016 by RAY1990 because: Not to waste a good double post...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And assuming that science can explain every possible thing and occurrence.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And assuming that science can explain every possible thing and occurrence.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
would a grain of sand in space destroy any ship traveling at 186,000 mph per second ?
edit on 12-8-2016 by homers1226 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I wonder if we will ever be able to find this information out and even if we are in the brink can the zoo keepers just prevent the actual truth. Maybe if they let us know what's going on it actually would mess up the while experiment.

I need to change the subject just a bit, then back to it.

Imagine if you will two mirrors facing each other, so when you look into it it repeats its self over and over, into infinity. Now place the written words in view of those mirrors. "We must have come from somewhere".

I doubt anyone would consider that life started on the planets while they were being formed. And I doubt anyone would argue planet formation would include DNA materials that would create life. Therefore, we must have come from somewhere.

What we are not allowed to see, is that "Where". I'm not a big fan of "Aliens" coming from out there planting the seeds of life. Though, I wont completely rule it out, just highly unlikely. No, a better way instead of physical transport, is to "Inspire" on the spot. A form of teleportation, if you will. Spiritual teleportation.

The "Experiment", it would seem, if you considered the above, has been going on in one fashion or another, for a very very, very, long time.

The Zoo keepers role is no longer required. They have outlived their usefulness. And I believe the present "experiment" is to see if we can take their place............ Do we, have what it takes.............

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Very true and I believe this also.

When it comes to celestial charts that some ancient people have created some tend to think oh humans were way to primitive to have a idea like that they must have of had alien help. But they are forgetting we are very curious and why not chart the sky and maybe try to make a understanding of life.

At the end of the day the universe can hold a forever expanding science that one can never get the full grasp of.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: homers1226

I guess that depends on the crafts capabilities, but saying if that was one of our spaceships and say we could go that speed I would think we get hit with tiny rocks out there already, I honestly can't even comprehend that speed lol would you even be a physical form, I'm not to knowledgable about things of this sort but feel it's a good question I hope some one can answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Wow I like that alot! I can see this being a pretty good look on the whole thing, so in a way we might never find the answer to the question "where did we come from" almost as if after reaching a certain level of intelligence one can create a actual thought process and answer that is actually true but at a time would not explain everything

Sorry I worded that pretty badly and am having trouble finding a way to explain.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

As if at a certain level of intelligence can make the question not so intelligent. Saying that a way more advanced and older civilization cannot even answer the question I don't know I'm confusing my self lol

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Someone once told me: Stop looking at time as a point of view, start looking at time as a menu.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Someone once told me: Stop looking at time as a point of view, start looking at time as a menu.

Someone was a wise man, that's some advanced calculus and a key to productivity and I don't mean in a communist way.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

As a menu? To say you can pick and choose? Well time is a man-made thing to explain the duration of occurences , is time even a thing and if it is can it actually be altered

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel so dumb on here but I'm learning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join