It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping the conspiracy cherry.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My sister in law and her 15 year old daughter came by last night to visit the baby. My niece was talking about the deep discussion her English class had that day. The teacher asked them to define reality, then define truth..... I gave her a very brief introduction to the idea that we are all in a simulated reality- not that I ascribe to that theory, by its an interesting one. I then mentioned the M effect, Berenstain Bears- my sister in law and niece both lost their crap when they swore up and down that it is Stein, not Stain. It was SO funny, and interesting to watch.

I'm the nutty one in that family. They know me as the crazy conspiracy person, and I'm so not really, I just like the fringe theories and topics. I don't get too deep with anything really, just deeper than my Inlaws. The niece said, "I wish we had a class at school about this stuff, and you taught it".

It was amusing, and perhaps an eye or two were opened.

Just thought I'd share.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdhIf you really want to freak the kids out take a strip of paper and ask them how many sides it has. invariably they will tell you two, then take the strip and make a Mobius ring and get them to trace around it. Simple but mind blowing.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think most of the 'Stein' vs. 'Stain' differences are simply relatable to the fact that 'Berenstain' is a very odd name and 'anything-Stein' is common.

But I agree about loving the idea of discussing far-out theories, ideas and alternate histories, just for the sake of the discussion and thought process itself. Otherwise, the only things ever talked about are acceptable dogma and the weather, not necessarily in that order.

It's been my observation over the years that there are two kinds of people; the curious and the incurious. And many of the incurious have truckloads of cognitive dissonance on board that precludes them from ever considering or acknowledging anything outside their immediate sphere of daily life. They just can't handle it. It unnerves them much as an animal that's been in a cage it's whole life is unnerved by suddenly having an open door.

Thus we have people who can watch two massive towers turn to dust before their eyes, get told 'fires and plane crashes did that, an hour later' and they shrug and go back to watching the ball game.

And the others can scream 'you HAVE to be kidding me!?!' all they want, for naught.

That's why we can't have nice things, like sane, non-corrupt Presidents, or governments that actually work For The People.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Say what you will...but I'm still not voting for Jill Stain.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Say what you will...but I'm still not voting for Jill Stain.

Maybe You didn't see the pic of the 'poop stein' on Mrs. Clinton's jumper? It is somewhere about, the pic not the actual stein.

top topics

join