It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran issues sharp warning to US over any military action

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
First off, it is very important for us to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of fanatical muslims. Here is the reason...

When the cold war was still running strong, our nukes and Russias nukes were gathering dust because no one really wanted to die. They knew that as soon as their nukes were in the air, ours would follow shortly. And we knew the same.

Fast forward to now and add some fanatical muslims. They believe that if they die killing those they have 'jihad' with, they will enter heaven directly, immediately. We have all heard that most fanatical muslims have claimed 'jihad' against America and Americans. With that said, who really believes that they will care if we fire nukes back at them? They won't. That makes any fanatical muslim in charge of a nation with nuclear capability the biggest threat to America we have seen.

Originally posted by kix

The US invades Iran, all muslim nations protests and exersice their right to have Nuclulear (like GWB says!
) weapons, and oil embargo insues....gas goes to 5 a gal....are you ready for a economic meltdown and depresion...??? having no money and be sent to war is not really funny.....

I really don't know why we are still so dependent on foreign oil. We have oil fields here, we are finding out that the oil that was drained out of certain wells has replenished itself, and not in the massive amount of time that we first thought it would take. We also have the capability to produce biodiesel. It runs in all diesel engines, is 100% safer for the environment, and by 2010, companies in American will be producing 318 million barrels per year. OUr military will run just fine on biodiesel and so will our automobiles. Besides that, every war we have ever been in has only served to fuel our economy, not the other way around.

Originally posted by kix
As 2 or three months pass away kim yonh (or whatever the wacko guy in Korea is called) attacks the US and your country is in another Trifecta.....mmmmm thosands of american soldiers dead, guess what?, illegal inmigrats will be EMBRACED and most probably repoblate your country, so you have a LOOSE LOOSE LOOSE situation....... but hey, you have learned from history and Hitler..... You really crack me Up

The only thing North Korea has that makes them a threat to anyone besides South Korea is nuclear weapons. And we all know what will happen if they launch...

Yes, we would lose some soldiers in a war, but, as we have seen in the past, we would level every military installation and gain air superiority before a single troop ever sets foot in Iran. War is changing. Gone are the day that troops are thrown at an objective to take it.

I read on this thread about how our troops are having trouble taking care of 'a handful of untrained insurgients.' Urban warfare is a different ball game. we can't just level everything and call it a day. There are too many civilians that we have to be careful of and also protect in case the opposition decides that they are acceptable casualties. We are doing incredibly well since we have spent years giving our troops urban warfare training in addition to their other training. We could be taking many many more casualties than we are. It is a difficult, long road a. of us.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Trep, genocide is the systematic murder of an entire "race" That is what Hitler tried to do. That is what was attempted in rawanda and the sudan. A nuclear stike in Japan did not wipe out the entire nation. Maybe just maybe, IF the Iranians think the US is really capable of such a thing, maybe they will stop chanting "death to america" and throw the mullah's out.

Nukes are horrible weapons, I don't take their use lightly. MAD was a good thing once. But now is the time for AD- assured destruction.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Nukes are horrible weapons, I don't take their use lightly. MAD was a good thing once. But now is the time for AD- assured destruction.

I think that is the scariest thing I have ever read. And this is still genocide, no matter how you sugar coat it.

Hiel Horacid

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I think that is the scariest thing I have ever read. And this is still genocide, no matter how you sugar coat it.

Hiel Horacid

So why do you hate jews?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Actually it is very good news. Evil will finally be purged from this planet.

As long as there are humans, there will be evil.

I dont care how much you believe in your faith, you have done something in your life that would be frowned upon by your God.

I dont understand how a person can believe it ok to kill, because its gods wish?

Wait... I think I have heard this before. Wow, what you are preaching is the same thing that the muslims are preaching.

You down the Muslims and how the read thier bible and see thing the way they are, and you are doing the same thing.

Truly sad, If I was you I would be praing for your soul. Luck me Im not, I dont have to pray.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So why do you hate jews?

Nice try mate but nowhere have I stated anything against Jews. Where did you dredge that up? Just pointing out genocide is genocide.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So why do you hate jews?

Nice try mate but nowhere have I stated anything against Jews. Where did you dredge that up? Just pointing out genocide is genocide.

Every "muslim" state (those with islamo based govs') have one thing in common. The complete destruction of Israel. That is genocide...........

I know you have no personal hate for Jews, just as I don't "hate" muslims or Iranians. Iran is comprized of many faiths. Iran (the mullahs) have said many times as soon as they get "the bomb" Israel is toast. Once the US acts to stop these radicals they will mobilize the masses of muslims.

If the masses are convinced of complete vaporization perhaps they will toss the mullahs. AD is the ticket.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If the masses are convinced of complete vaporization perhaps they will toss the mullahs. AD is the ticket.

So how do you propose to go about this AD?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Every "muslim" state (those with islamo based govs') have one thing in common. The complete destruction of Israel. That is genocide...........

No thats destroying a country not the people in it.

I know you have no personal hate for Jews, just as I don't "hate" muslims or Iranians. Iran is comprized of many faiths. Iran (the mullahs) have said many times as soon as they get "the bomb" Israel is toast. Once the US acts to stop these radicals they will mobilize the masses of muslims.

Many americans said they would nuke russia on many occasions yet nothing came, the russians said the same but nothing flew!
TALK! Thats what it is!

You cant just toos a religion out because its against yours...thats actually removeing a right. And one of the US constitution i think as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So how do you propose to go about this AD?

Its already happening all around you, just read the other posts, and not just mine.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Doc, Israel has quite a good US funded military. Don't you think the Jews can take care of themselves?

I do. I say let em at it. At this point, we have no further interest in Israel as we should have no binding alliances.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Would you mind spelling it out for me though? How do they become gauranteed of Assured Destruction?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Would you mind spelling it out for me though? How do they become gauranteed of Assured Destruction?

Iraq and Afganistain are a good start.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Trust that the hate for America in Iran is quite a bit stronger than in Iraq. We didn't just say screw a portion of the people like in Iraq, we said screw em all.

Backing Saddam after they gassed Iran (I think we all remember the neat photo op. handshake).

Military incursion into Iran will bring the house down.

Nuclear use will bring our house down in a serious way.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hasn't anyone figured out yet, that our dependance on oil is the big enemy...
it puts all the pawns on the board, and knocks them down as it sees fit...

in other words...
what would happen if all of a sudden... we had cheap, easy and safe way to produce and distribute power...
let us say for hypothetical sake of arguement, that the new "spray on" solar cells enabled any car to run off its own paint job... and that we actually spent half of our years budget for oil, on wind generators instead...

USA no longer needs any oil... and has the number one, in demand item that every country wants... (power sources), and further more... knocks the feet out from under the entire islamic fundamentalist economic support structure...
no more money going into terrorist hands every time we fill our tanks... (yeah it gets to them eventually)

also directly to the point... if we could offer Iran a cleaner, cheaper form of power, than nuclear... then they would have no option. they would have to be our customer from world pressure alone... (any country that still tried to maintain nuclear reactors, couldn't say they were for peaceful reasons) so the whiners of world power (france and others) would have to agree that the rogue countries were a threat and a united front we would have...

not to mention all the coutries that really would like us, for helping them reduce dependance on non-renewable power sources...

so my solution is the easiest money solution i have seen so far...
invest a portion of what we have spent on the war this month to perfect good alternative power sources (which have come very far from meager budgets alone) and then be the world leader again, as well as a return to the glorious manufacturing base country that served us so well. Everyone wins and we win over everyone...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Trust that the hate for America in Iran is quite a bit stronger than in Iraq. We didn't just say screw a portion of the people like in Iraq, we said screw em all.

Backing Saddam after they gassed Iran (I think we all remember the neat photo op. handshake).

Military incursion into Iran will bring the house down.

Nuclear use will bring our house down in a serious way.

OK, Clinton and the IAEA screwed the pooch on Parkistan, India, and N Korea. That part of the world has been so close to nuke war recently it is scary. N Korea is holding japan hostage now. Will you let Iran hold all the middle east hostage?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

OK, Clinton and the IAEA screwed the pooch on Parkistan, India, and N Korea. That part of the world has been so close to nuke war recently it is scary. N Korea is holding japan hostage now. Will you let Iran hold all the middle east hostage?

Will I let it? They don't hold it now and it is allowed to secure any power source it chooses.

They are also allowed to make nuclear weapons. What do you care?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
POWER (ELECTRICITY) IS THE KEY TO ALL POWER

Actually we use "Oil" for far more than just fuel. We can and will eliminate it for energy. Hydrogen fuel cells are here now. Nuke electrical power should be used. I would love to walk away from OIL period...........But whta about trash bags, and all the other plastics?

kix

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
hasn't anyone figured out yet, that our dependance on oil is the big enemy...
it puts all the pawns on the board, and knocks them down as it sees fit...

in other words...
what would happen if all of a sudden... we had cheap, easy and safe way to produce and distribute power...
let us say for hypothetical sake of arguement, that the new "spray on" solar cells enabled any car to run off its own paint job... and that we actually spent half of our years budget for oil, on wind generators instead...

USA no longer needs any oil... and has the number one, in demand item that every country wants... (power sources), and further more... knocks the feet out from under the entire islamic fundamentalist economic support structure...
no more money going into terrorist hands every time we fill our tanks... (yeah it gets to them eventually)

also directly to the point... if we could offer Iran a cleaner, cheaper form of power, than nuclear... then they would have no option. they would have to be our customer from world pressure alone... (any country that still tried to maintain nuclear reactors, couldn't say they were for peaceful reasons) so the whiners of world power (france and others) would have to agree that the rogue countries were a threat and a united front we would have...

not to mention all the coutries that really would like us, for helping them reduce dependance on non-renewable power sources...

so my solution is the easiest money solution i have seen so far...
invest a portion of what we have spent on the war this month to perfect good alternative power sources (which have come very far from meager budgets alone) and then be the world leader again, as well as a return to the glorious manufacturing base country that served us so well. Everyone wins and we win over everyone...

Excelente Idea ...mi amigo..... but unfortunatelly the power that be (the Bush administration is based on oil companies) would never let that happen even if it was ggod for the american people...that brings me full circle and to those nazis that Indigo Child quite rigthly name so, I guess that with the power of the Us military they shoul let every nation short them out and spend the TAX payers money on helathcare, better jobs (no outsourcing), better education and no more people sent to die in the name of big corporations, I really feel sorru for those who are so afraid of everything that they want to kill them all.....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Their fear is escalating,like a cornered rat,but we'll know their serious when they ask Halliburton & General Electric to leave.

Halliburton has recently won a tender to drill a huge Iranian gas field.

Tehran denies the charges and says it has no objection to working with U.S. firms.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join