It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on calling Obama the founder of ISIS: They dont get sarcasm

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Even the Trump apologist know what he said and what will be the ultimate result. They know it wasn't sarcasm.

They just still want to play the game in hopes that some miracle will happen and Trump regain his sanity and perhaps some sort of divine intervention will take place.

It's the deer in the headlight syndrome....they know full well the final outcome but their emotional involvement and ego won't allow them to admit defeat.

Classic derp spiral into denial and ultimate depression. You can already see the symptoms in some members.

Are you projecting again? That seems to be the going rate.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Trump is so ignorant that he doesn’t even know what he did

Definition of sarcasm:
The use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

What he did can be called charitably, political hyperbole

Or more precisely demagoguery

What he did WAS NOT SARCASM

He's a stupid bastard

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think you're right about the sarcasm. If only Trump had a little dictionary at hand to save him.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
You guys are acting like you've never heard someone use hyperbole before. This is the twilight zone.

Well. I've heard plenty of hyperbole in my day. I mean Fox News built its empire on it. Those two are tried and true lovers. It's just that I didn't expect someone taking it to the lengths Trump takes it to to get so far like he did. I truly though he'd die out much faster. I was wrong. However, I wasn't wrong when I said he'd take the rest of the GOP with him if he got the nomination and THEN died out. I guess I just had more faith in the GOP then I should have.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

I think you're right about the sarcasm. If only Trump had a little dictionary at hand to save him.

He should really get a Constitution at hand...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm just impressed on how he did it. The money men have been using slick words and complicated contracts to do it. Trump just yelled his way to it.

Meh he just plainly stated (in 4th grade level language I think it was) what the rest of the republicans have hinted & dog whistled for decades.
Sure the masses loved the red meat & the seeming endorsement of their most base behavior.
They love him because he gave them license when the rest of society has shown they're tired of some citizens bassackward ways.

K~

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yeah now that I can look back with foresight I see how it happened, but still watching it in the making was like a front row seat to a train wreck that just never stops.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It’s really that Trump doesn’t even take running for president seriously.

To utter such a cavalier statement yesterday on such a serious topic is proof he is taking this election as a lark

He’s not being a sober candidate who looks at the world seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well. I've heard plenty of hyperbole in my day. I mean Fox News built its empire on it. Those two are tried and true lovers. It's just that I didn't expect someone taking it to the lengths Trump takes it to to get so far like he did. I truly though he'd die out much faster. I was wrong. However, I wasn't wrong when I said he'd take the rest of the GOP with him if he got the nomination and THEN died out. I guess I just had more faith in the GOP then I should have.

I'll agree with you there. The GOP is falling apart, and rightfully so in my opinion. And true, Trump has bumbled his way through this, but it proves the advantage of populism over the use of populism by elitists that has been so common since Bill Clinton's presidency.

If you're interested in a good read regarding the use of populism by elitists, check out Hitchen's book "No one left to lie to: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton". The use of public office for private gain is a mainstay of that family.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

LOL it has been entertaining.
Now we just need to minimize the damage to the country this will cause.

K~

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hey. I'm all for ousting out people like Clinton. I'm just not for ousting them for someone like Donald Trump. I was for Bernie Sanders. Remember? I wanted to implement change WITHIN the system, not angrily tear it down because I heard a bunch of hyperbole and slander.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

This isn't the minority report. You can charge Trump with damages caused if and when they happen. Until then, any prophecy regarding the future state of the world is just that, prophecy.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

LOL it has been entertaining.

K~

Well see. About that...

I shudder to think about the political implications of this election. For one. Trump has already declared that this election will be rigged. So you know the hard-core supporters have already drilled this piece of "truthiness" into their heads. So just imagine the years to come of the right fielding crazier and crazier conspiracy theories about how the election was rigged, all so they can get Hillary impeached on yet another "scandal".

I almost feel like a psychic here with this prediction. Well I dunno. I was wrong about the GOP stopping Trump, so let's not get too crazy here. Though I'm sure ATS will be wild for some time to come.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hey. I'm all for ousting out people like Clinton. I'm just not for ousting them for someone like Donald Trump. I was for Bernie Sanders. Remember? I wanted to implement change WITHIN the system, not angrily tear it down because I heard a bunch of hyperbole and slander.

I didn't mean you personally. If only Bernie Sanders had a chance.

Trump has specifically said he is looking to argue to agreement his policies through congress, as opposed to the executive decisions and stale-mates of the current administration. I'm not sure if that means anything to you, but it sounds slightly democratic to my own ears.
edit on 12-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Argue to agreement" sounds more like, "be a dick until you get your way".

I think I'll keep my faith in Bernie trying to change the system from within. He already helped pull Clinton's campaign to the left. I read earlier today that Clinton may even reschedule marijuana to schedule 2 if elected. I haven't corroborated that source yet because it's the weekend and I'm not sure why I'm still on ATS, but that is a HUGE step in the Bernie direction considering marijuana wasn't even on her radar last year.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This isn't the minority report. You can charge Trump with damages caused if and when they happen. Until then, any prophecy regarding the future state of the world is just that, prophecy.

At the same time the best indication of what will happen in the future are in learning what happened in the past. That's what people are doing and it's called preparing. You look at someone's actions in the past to guess what they might do in the future. It's a perfectly logical thing to do.

But if you'd rather do it your way that's up to you. But you should be telling all the Trumpsters to shut up about Hillary too then because we can't tell the future so what are they so worried about?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yea......its a pain in the azz for me cause Obama and his folks said it was Bush that created ISIS. Obama says Bush Trump says Obama. Don't understand why the press seems shocked really.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

At the same time the best indication of what will happen in the future are in learning what happened in the past. That's what people are doing and it's called preparing. You look at someone's actions in the past to guess what they might do in the future. It's a perfectly logical thing to do.

But if you'd rather do it your way that's up to you. But you should be telling all the Trumpsters to shut up about Hillary too then because we can't tell the future so what are they so worried about?

We have decades of evidence of what Hilary will do in public office. We have zero for Trump.
edit on 12-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Man we do have enough history to study outcomes. Remember back when some told Obama to stay in don't pull out to fast. Out of Iraq that is. Some even thought it was all collusion anyway, that partyless heads decide what to do. So at any rate......wow...oh wow.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"Argue to agreement" sounds more like, "be a dick until you get your way".

I think I'll keep my faith in Bernie trying to change the system from within. He already helped pull Clinton's campaign to the left. I read earlier today that Clinton may even reschedule marijuana to schedule 2 if elected. I haven't corroborated that source yet because it's the weekend and I'm not sure why I'm still on ATS, but that is a HUGE step in the Bernie direction considering marijuana wasn't even on her radar last year.

Did you hear Hilary's DNC speech? It went to the right if anything. Once again, this is called political triangulation, which is a Clintonian tactic. it's a racket.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join