It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on calling Obama the founder of ISIS: They dont get sarcasm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From my point of view ISIS is in the US and allies corner against the Shia/Russian side. If not directly pushing weapons thru the CIA from for instance Libya then making sure Turkey and Saudi Arabia is not caught helping the anti Assad side.

That Trump do call it sarcasm now since he have not been able to convince US citizens about the corruption in the Obama/Clinton/Bush corner is weak from my point of view.

Assad and the Russian are the ones who take a stand against the Sunni Islamist side. You want to end Sunni Islamist then change US foreign policy and the whole house of cards will fall shortly.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

He has the same access as anyone else - of course you will say otherwise. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth and wasted it. His fortune is built on others placing shares on his success - some lost everything. But you are deflecting. He said unequivocally that Obama created ISIS.......... he said that and maintained it even though that is a laughable concept. What in this thread therefore are you actually defending?

Don't talk about what he 'meant' to say or your assumption of what he meant - that means nothing for a candidate in for such a position, it's what was said that counts. If you really don't understand that then politics at this level really isn't your thing.

Your appeal to poverty is indicative of faulty reasoning, and deflection.

What I am defending is Trump's use of a figure of speech, something that anyone with a pulse uses, while at the same time mocking your assumption that he was being literal, that he meant something like Obama is al-Zarqawi in disguise, something that Trump himself had to go out of the way to explain for you.

"It is what was said that counts", while denying how or why it was said, proves a misunderstanding of human communication.

If you cannot understand simple rhetoric, that human beings use hyperbole to get a point across, then my friend, politics isn't your thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Nice try there bud, you come up with daily excuse to explain trumps idiotic comments, enjoy is rise and fall, i know i am.

I love when someone denounces Trump for idiotic comments while at the same time putting forward nothing but idiotic comments. I am enjoying everything about this election, including the exposure of who is the most hypocritical.

The old dance my friend, you claim stuff but cant back it up when confronted, you claim that only anti trump people where dumb enough to think this was not sarcastic, i guess you didint go read up on the thread where trumps fans where claiming trump was right.

Too easy

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The old dance my friend, you claim stuff but cant back it up when confronted, you claim that only anti trump people where dumb enough to think this was not sarcastic, i guess you didint go read up on the thread where trumps fans where claiming trump was right.

Too easy

Confronted with what? I agree with Trump as well. It is well-documented that ISIS was nearly defeated during US occupation, but gained strength after the troops were pulled out. Not only that but it is also well documented that Obama underestimated ISIS, proving he didn't act when he had more control of the situation. Hilary Clinton was for the invasion of Iraq, which is another contribution to the rise of ISIS and the current civil war in the mid-east.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree with Trump as well.

People ignorant of the facts usually do.
Trump’s False Obama-ISIS Link

It is well-documented that ISIS was nearly defeated during US occupation, but gained strength after the troops were pulled out.

Yes and it's also well documented that the paperwork saying when our troops would withdraw from Iraq was already signed before Obama even walked into office.

Not only that but it is also well documented that Obama underestimated ISIS, proving he didn't act when he had more control of the situation.

Let's see this documentation proving this because when the troops withdrew ISIS had mostly gone underground because most of their leadership had been eliminated.

Hilary Clinton was for the invasion of Iraq, which is another contribution to the rise of ISIS and the current civil war in the mid-east.

And who was president when that happened? It sure as hell wasn't Obama now was it? So if any president gets the blame for ISIS it was Bush. So once again Trump and his uninformed followers are wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

He has the same access as anyone else - of course you will say otherwise. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth and wasted it. His fortune is built on others placing shares on his success - some lost everything. But you are deflecting. He said unequivocally that Obama created ISIS.......... he said that and maintained it even though that is a laughable concept. What in this thread therefore are you actually defending?

Don't talk about what he 'meant' to say or your assumption of what he meant - that means nothing for a candidate in for such a position, it's what was said that counts. If you really don't understand that then politics at this level really isn't your thing.

Your appeal to poverty is indicative of faulty reasoning, and deflection.

What I am defending is Trump's use of a figure of speech, something that anyone with a pulse uses, while at the same time mocking your assumption that he was being literal, that he meant something like Obama is al-Zarqawi in disguise, something that Trump himself had to go out of the way to explain for you.

"It is what was said that counts", while denying how or why it was said, proves a misunderstanding of human communication.

If you cannot understand simple rhetoric, that human beings use hyperbole to get a point across, then my friend, politics isn't your thing.

Poor, you really have no base level understanding of politics. Don't assume people will assume what you meant, tell them what you mean and leave no place for ambiguity. It's really not hard, at an election level it's quite clear - especially when making the claim Obama created ISIS. You of would rather not see that as something that the lowest common denominator should have to work out for themselves. I think it's you that is perhaps missing the point of politics.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He should've stucked to his guns on this one, told people to go out and investigate it.

It was not sarcasm, Donald, you told the truth.

Well, maybe not quite "founded" but "created" would be quite accurate.
edit on -050004pm8kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Poor, you really have no base level understanding of politics. Don't assume people will assume what you meant, tell them what you mean and leave no place for ambiguity. It's really not hard, at an election level it's quite clear - especially when making the claim Obama created ISIS. You of would rather not see that as something that the lowest common denominator should have to work out for themselves. I think it's you that is perhaps missing the point of politics.

"He didn't talk how I wanted", said the language police. Unfortunately that is not an argument, but rather a display of one's prejudices. This sort of snobbery reeks of sanctimony.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why did Obama recently send troops to back to Iraq after pulling them out? Maybe he's having second thoughts.

A partial withdrawal is not the same as a full-withdrawal. According to your link, Obama had three years to negotiate a deal with Maliki, but failed to. "Obama’s then defense secretary, Panetta, later wrote in his 2014 book that Obama didn’t press hard enough for a deal."

Obama once called ISIS a junior varsity team. Look at them now.

George Bush was president when that happened. ISIS became the ISIS we know today after Bush's term.
edit on 12-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Trump Blows A Gasket Changes His Mind And Claims Obama Really Did Found ISIS

By Jason Easley on Fri, Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Donald Trump has blown up in Pennsylvania and changed his mind by claiming that he isn't being sarcastic. Obama really did found ISIS.

www.politicususa.com...

Idiots!

K~

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Flip-flop the flip-flop! Keep swinging for the fences Donald!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
He should've stucked to his guns on this one, told people to go out and investigate it.

It was not sarcasm, Donald, you told the truth.

Well, maybe not quite "founded" but "created" would be quite accurate.

No it wouldn't be accurate because it was the invasion of Iraq is what gave ISIS the opening it needed to flourish. Now who was the president that started the invasion of Iraq?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

No it wouldn't be accurate because it was the invasion of Iraq is what gave ISIS the opening it needed to flourish. Now who was the president that started the invasion of Iraq?

Which of the current presidential nominees supported it?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

"He didn't talk how I wanted", said the language police. Unfortunately that is not an argument, but rather a display of one's prejudices. This sort of snobbery reeks of sanctimony.

Pathetic, where did I say "he didn't talk as I wanted"? Oh dear, you really don't understand the point, you seem to hide behind your own view. Did he talk how you wanted?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know right?

I think what started as a lark to make some quick cash to pay off his creditors (still waiting to hear back on that) morphed into the sideshow that this election has become.

Either way his supporters are being taken for a ride but then they always do.

K~

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Again this is pretty simple, even for you, you said in this very thread that only anti trump people thought that what trump said was true, i asked you to go visit a thread on the subject from yesterday, where trumps fans where so happy proclaiming that trump was right, that obama was the creator or isis.

Still waiting for an answer

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I gotta say. Trump really is a genius. In one thing. Conning people. He is a MASTER con man. I mean there will be movies made about how good he can sell people on bull#. (*sidenote* It makes me a little sick to think of future Hollywood making Trump look handsome and be appealing for such a movie)

I gotta give respect where it is due. He's good.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Pathetic, where did I say "he didn't talk as I wanted"? Oh dear, you really don't understand the point, you seem to hide behind your own view. Did he talk how you wanted?

Here's your pedantry in regards to how a politician is supposed to speak:

"Don't assume people will assume what you meant, tell them what you mean and leave no place for ambiguity."

This instruction according to you and no one else. Trump didn't follow your sage, and apparently, superior advice. Therefor, Trump didn't speak how you want. So what was your point besides your gifted instruction? Oh dear.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No need to TWIST Trump's words. He just says them. They are words in his actual mind. How people don't know this is dangerous yet, if he is elected, may God have mercy on your soul.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Again this is pretty simple, even for you, you said in this very thread that only anti trump people thought that what trump said was true, i asked you to go visit a thread on the subject from yesterday, where trumps fans where so happy proclaiming that trump was right, that obama was the creator or isis.

Still waiting for an answer

I said in this very thread that only anti-Trump people took it literal. There's your first mistake. Maybe some Trump supporters thought he was being literal, but none of them are in the thread you mentioned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join