It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on calling Obama the founder of ISIS: They dont get sarcasm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
of course via a tweet, like the Don communicates his faux pas.

Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?

hmmm, im not sure what to make of my candidate of choice now....there was a time when he seemed untainted by the politics-as usual and 'the cover your a s s' mentality which makes the same old politicians backtrack and eat their words, not anymore.
the more he feels he needs to correct himself, the more MSM and the clinton camp twist his words with hyperboles, the more he is giving into it now... unlike back in January-March...
either its his staff burying him more and more, or this MSM is doing a good job smearing and add lib with every statement the man makes.

I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!

neither can some of your devout and staunch likely voters sometimes...

link

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That's one thing about Donald Trump I've always enjoyed.. Most candidates dislike mainstream media, but he has the guts to address them directly, and often to their face in the middle of press conferences. I remember in one debate when Trump said to squirrel-looking debate panel member who asked a silly question, "Who are you? You come from a radio network that nobody's ever heard of or listened to!"

That made my night. The MSM was slamming him way back then.

edit on 8/12/2016 by carewemust because: ?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Lol he clearly wasn't being sarcastic.

He clearly tried to use whatever "logic" was floating about under his wig to double down on that assertion.
He clearly tried to justify it with his own deranged delusions about "Obama's exit plan".

What a complete bell end he is.
Lie after lie after lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
But Trump needs to learn that sarcasm should be packed away right about now, and rarely used if he becomes President.

Due to the constraints of the office, I think that Donald Trump would be better off as Hillary's Ecomomic Czar. (Sorry Bill) There's nothing wrong with switching parites...he's done it before.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don't know what's worse.. Feigning ignorance (Hillary). Or Being Sarcastic (Trump). ???

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
either its his staff burying him more and more, or this MSM is doing a good job smearing and add lib with every statement the man makes.

Why are these the only choices? Why isn't Trump being solely at fault ever an option?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It won't matter to his supporters but sarcasm isn't the only thing he doesn't understand.
How did he end up with so much money , he can't be as stupid as he's acting ... can he ?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't know what's worse.. Feigning ignorance (Hillary). Or Being Sarcastic (Trump). ???

They're both pathological liars.

No ignorance. No sarcasm.

The only difference is Hillary lies to save her sorry arse and Trump lies to make himself look deified and his opponents the anti-Christ.

Pick your poison.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some people prefer the robotic and sanitized rhetoric of a talking head who has an army of faceless and unaccountable pollsters and handlers behind them, to a guy who speaks his mind. That's the gist of it. To the idiots who think Trump actually meant Obama founded ISIS, as if he was there in the desert declaring the coming caliphate, prove to be more wrong than Trump.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

To the idiots who think Trump actually meant Obama founded ISIS...

Does that include all his brainwashed supporters that argued vehemently that he was indeed right?

Or were they all being sarcastic as well.

I never too you for a fool, Les.
But... You're pushing the mark lately with this "he never meant what he said" malarkey.

Take the L for once.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Some people prefer the robotic and sanitized rhetoric of a talking head who has an army of faceless and unaccountable pollsters and handlers behind them, to a guy who speaks his mind. That's the gist of it. To the idiots who think Trump actually meant Obama founded ISIS, as if he was there in the desert declaring the coming caliphate, prove to be more wrong than Trump.

Yes lets blame everybody else for what trumps says, its become the daily thing to do.

I wish i was as smart as trump and is followers.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Does that include all his brainwashed supporters that argued vehemently that he was indeed right?

Yes it does.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yes lets blame everybody else for what trumps says, its become the daily thing to do.

I wish i was as smart as trump and is followers.

You're proving yourself not to be as smart Trump supporters. No one is blaming everybody for what Trump says; they blaming everyone for taking a figurative statement literally, as if they haven't talked to a human being in their whole lives.

Look everybody! Duke says he wishes he was as smart as Trump and his followers! Don't blame us for what you said.
edit on 12-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Trump seems like the kind of person to walk into a room and insult somebody and depending upon the reactions decide whether or not he was just kidding.

He wasn't being sarcastic, what he was saying and how he presented it was not sarcastic. Unless his joke is specifically at his own supporters, which many of us believe is the real truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

i still believe Clinton and Obama are responsible, perhaps some one told him he better walk that back or else

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If a presidential candidate, or anyone a candidate to a role in most Western countries is making a public statement, to not be 100% clear on what you mean so that the most stupid will understand the statement if not the ramifications is stupidity on their part. You say -

To the idiots who think Trump actually meant Obama founded ISIS

But that's exactly what he said. Now, I'm a sensible person and know he was talking BS. A lot of his supporters perhaps are more keen to take him on his word. The fool there is Trump - no one else. If the USA wants an opinionated gossip columnist as its next president, then perhaps he's a great choice - will screw up their country royally, but hey, that's what a vote is all about.

Do you want a celebrity to run the country? Then why not until Kanye or/and Kim declare themselves as candidates.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: eNumbra

i still believe Clinton and Obama are responsible, perhaps some one told him he better walk that back or else

Responsible for a surge in their power and influence, there's no doubt; their creation however, eh. And depending upon how deeply one believes in the NWO/Shadow Government conspiracies one may not be able to blame a president for anything. But that's just a thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The are definitely partly responsible, "MVPs" as Trump called them (he was being hyperbolic for those that require translation). Hilary supported the Iraq war, Obama pulled troops out of Iraq, both offering the conditions for ISIS take over. Obama even called ISIS the "JV team" (junior varsity team), severely underestimating them, and now look.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

But that's exactly what he said. Now, I'm a sensible person and know he was talking BS. A lot of his supporters perhaps are more keen to take him on his word. The fool there is Trump - no one else. If the USA wants an opinionated gossip columnist as its next president, then perhaps he's a great choice - will screw up their country royally, but hey, that's what a vote is all about.

Do you want a celebrity to run the country? Then why not until Kanye or/and Kim declare themselves as candidates.

There is no proof that Trump will screw up the country royally, especially given that none of us can see into the future. He's a private citizen, has access only to newspapers and media, and a rag tag team of a campaign.

The dismissal of Trump as a celebrity or gossip columnist is nonsense, especially given his history and his successes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join