It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overseas travel warnings about USA mount

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I am really sorry that Professor Fischer's findings that crime has been declining since Colonial times upsets you so greatly. Perhaps you need a break from the interwebz to get out in the sunshine.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am really sorry that Professor Fischer's findings that crime has been declining since Colonial times upsets you so greatly. Perhaps you need a break from the interwebz to get out in the sunshine.

Clearly you didn't understand Professor Fischer's findings, maybe ask someone to explain it to you.
Or perhaps stop misquoting lines from it and portraying them as Professor Fischer's words.

I'm afraid you are beyond reason, your ignorance is too much. I cannot explain your mistakes in simpler terms for you to understand.

I can only recommended you revert to reading the discussions rather than trying to use sources and quotes because you don't have the ability to do so. And despite the overwhelming evidence(evidence you provided yourself) that you were wrong you show no willingness to admit you were wrong. A simple task. Your ego is too precious.

I have no respect for someone who cannot a mistake once its been proven to be so.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
[
Clearly you didn't understand Professor Fischer's findings, maybe ask someone to explain it to you.

They are so simple to understand even you could follow them if you wanted, he said, and I quote, 'Crime has been declining since Colonial Times'.

Pretty straightforward.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

[

They are so simple to understand even you could follow them if you wanted, he said, and I quote, 'Crime has been declining since Colonial Times'.

Pretty straightforward.

That quote isn't from Professor Fischer though is it.

It's from Wikipedia.

Are you catching up yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sure: 'The overall story is that homicide rates declined substantially (as did rates of interpersonal violence of all sorts).

Guess you missed the graph above that quote that goes back to the 1700's, i.e. Colonial times.
'

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
15 pages of back-and-forth bickering.

Can't we all just agree that if you fart in a crowded elevator, it's the fault of the Canadian with the mullet haircut?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Sure: 'The overall story is that homicide rates declined substantially (as did rates of interpersonal violence of all sorts).

Guess you missed the graph above that quote that goes back to the 1700's, i.e. Colonial times.
'

So you admit now that the quote is not from Professor Fischer. You've just accredited it to him on your own volition.

Also that you are now quoting Homicide rates instead of Violent crime in which you made your statement.

And also that Professor Fischers graph shows both Violent Crime and Homicide Rates to be lower in the 1950/60's again proving your statement that they had reached a historical low to be incorrect.

You keep making errors in each post.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
15 pages of back-and-forth bickering.

Can't we all just agree that if you fart in a crowded elevator, it's the fault of the Canadian with the mullet haircut?

I want to see what lengths he will go to to try and keep his reputation intact.

I've proven him wrong on numerous points now, using his own sources. I just wonder how long stubbornness can hold out before he gives in.

You can feel his pain, his pride on ATS has been damaged because he's been caught out using fake quotes and contradicting sources.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It's the internet. A single topic on a website that is one out of millions.

This isn't the arena, you aren't Sparticus, and no one will die if you are wrong or right. I haven't even read the posts, but I do see so much back and forth that I felt I had to comment.

If people don't want to visit America, or feel that they aren't safe, then they should stay home.

I don't really care either way.

I'd say, "Lighten up Francis", but apparently this is a battle for honor, blood, glory, and the free world is probably at stake.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So you admit now that the quote is not from Professor Fischer. You've just accredited it to him on your own volition.

The quote is based on his published work. If you have a problem with the findings I suggest speaking to him. But if you prefer paraphrased on the wiki page then feel free to use that term.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The quote is based on his published work. If you have a problem with the findings I suggest speaking to him. But if you prefer paraphrased on the wiki page then feel free to use that term.

It was YOU who quoted a paraphrased sentence from Wikipedia and passing it off as a quote from Professor Fischer.

I have no problem with his findings, they support my criticism of your statement.

"Violent Crime is at a Historical low".... except for that decade when it was lower.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's the internet. A single topic on a website that is one out of millions.

This isn't the arena, you aren't Sparticus, and no one will die if you are wrong or right. I haven't even read the posts, but I do see so much back and forth that I felt I had to comment.

If people don't want to visit America, or feel that they aren't safe, then they should stay home.

I don't really care either way.

I'd say, "Lighten up Francis", but apparently this is a battle for honor, blood, glory, and the free world is probably at stake.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's not about "feeling" not safe. America as a whole, isn't safe in comparison.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well then.

Don't visit or come to America.

*shrugs*

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Guess everyone else is wrong too...

Crime Rates Remain at Historic Lows, Final 2015 Numbers Show

U.S. Crime Rate Stays Near Historic Lows

The data show that crime rates remain at historic lows nationally

edit on 19-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If that's your opinion on it then good for you. You've posted it and can now leave the thread with nothing more to say.

I was more interested in finding out why people are spreading lies about America being safer than Europe or America having the historically lowest violent crime rate.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hahaha!
I've thought exactly the same about this thread.
The average tourist isn't going to be walking in some gang area, same as if I went to London you wouldn't find me strolling around some #hole social/council housing area full of moody lads wearing hooded tops.
That would be stupid.

I imagine there is generally more chance of being shot in the US, and more chance of being stabbed in the UK, but again it depends on where you go. Sleepy village, #hole city backstreets, massive difference.

As you say, if folk are too scared then don't go, it's not like your tourist industry is struggling to attract foreign visitors, is it?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I was more interested in finding out why people are spreading lies about America being safer than Europe or America having the historically lowest violent crime rate.

If you were actually 'interested', which from the fact that you did not bother to read any of those new sources I just posted above, you would see the support for the statement that crime is at historical lows.

Feel free to ignore this too.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Guess everyone else is wrong too...

The data show that crime rates remain at historic lows nationally

Well one of those sources I already debunked as not supporting your statement.

Your first link doesn't work so that doesn't help.

Your other link ;

Is in regards to "Crime" not "Violent Crime" so once again unless you want to move the goalposts it doesn't support your argument.

It also doesn't have any data in it going back to the 1960's, which it doesn't acknowledge as being lower.

It also has this to say, in its second bullet point summary for the 2015 figures.

Violent crime rose slightly, by 3.1 percent

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
As you say, if folk are too scared then don't go, it's not like your tourist industry is struggling to attract foreign visitors, is it?

Every time I am in New York City it is loaded with tourists.

All of whom have been shot, beaten and robbed multiple times a day which enables them to have a truly American experience.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Is in regards to "Crime" not "Violent Crime" so once again unless you want to move the goalposts it doesn't support your argument.

I see, so since you want to be even more semantic perhaps you should supply your own sources of which you have provided ZERO so far.

Crime AND violent crime are lower and at or near historic lows by every source I have provided. You just do not like them since it makes your entire tirade and condescending attitude more petty than they already are.

Have fun with the sources, they make you look super awesome.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hahaha!
I've thought exactly the same about this thread.
The average tourist isn't going to be walking in some gang area, same as if I went to London you wouldn't find me strolling around some #hole social/council housing area full of moody lads wearing hooded tops.
That would be stupid.

I imagine there is generally more chance of being shot in the US, and more chance of being stabbed in the UK, but again it depends on where you go. Sleepy village, #hole city backstreets, massive difference.

Not really. Some communities, sure. As a whole, we're probably more insular than our European neighbors. Our culture is young and not as established as other countries that might have been around for a few thousand years or so.

We're a young, fairly homogenous culture. I always tell people that they should wait a thousand years before comparing the US to Europe. We might have a chance to catch up then.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join