It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose Gulen ‘terror group’ or Turkey, Erdogan tells the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just some of the latest war of words between Turkey and the USA. Where this will all lead is just a guess at this point. But none of my guesses seem to end with a happy ending...

ISTANBUL: -- The Turkish president is calling on the United States to choose between Turkey or FETO, an acronym for the “Gulen Terror Group.”
Recep Tayyip Erdogan was addressing a crowd of thousands gathered for a so-called democracy vigil in Istanbul’s Taksim Square.

“They will either choose the coup-plotter terrorist FETO or Turkey, the democratic country,” Erdogan added.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

If Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is hoping the U.S. will quickly spirit his archnemesis Fethullah Gulen out of rural Pennsylvania to stand trial in Turkey for plotting last week's failed coup against his government, he'll be sorely disappointed.

Erdogan has accused Gulen, a Turkish cleric and former political ally with whom he had a falling out in 2013, of engineering Friday's coup attempt from his self-imposed exile in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, and trying to have Erdogan assassinated as part of the plot.

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Tuesday that Turkey had given evidence of Gulen's involvement to the U.S. government after U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said that Washington wanted hard evidence, not allegations.

But even if the U.S. agrees there is enough evidence to extradite Gulen, the extradition process could take months, if not years — roiling already strained relations between the two long-time NATO allies at a time they're waging a military campaign against the Islamic State in neighboring Syria and Iraq.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Could turn into a historic tragicomedy like when CIA tried repeatedly to depose Fidel Castro of Cuba.

The comparisons are there... coup attempt, and the strengthening of relations with Russia. US even occupies the country militarily. Now all we need is a 'missile crisis'.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

In the grand scale of events, this probably wont make to much of a ruckus..

Eastern Europe is well and truly in the midst of a collapse.. and the prosecution of Gulen will not bring them the control, trust or power they have lost, but may boost Yildirim's damaged ego.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Now all we need is a 'missile crisis'.

Well if the nukes are still at the airbase then......there you go ! hahah

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Well this is a no win situation to be honest. The USA in order to hold up to its constitution of liberty to protect, I feel must protect Gulen and not turn him over. I am 99.9% positive even if we did turn Gulen over the end of the Turkey relations has been completed already. So in order to show strength as a country for a change we should not bend to Ergodan in my opinion and put value in Gulen for not siding with a Islamic molding dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: intrptr

Now all we need is a 'missile crisis'.

Well if the nukes are still at the airbase then......there you go ! hahah

They are. The 'Alamo' powder keg. There were US nukes on turkish soil during the Cuban Missiles crisis, too.

Jupiter Missiles

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He'd probably get publicly hung.

Don't do it.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The primary interested party here is not the US, it is Israel. Eretz Israel, according to Bibi, is the land from the Nile to the Tigres, from Syria to Saudi. Its blblical, do not make me quote Genesis here.

Gulens compound is a few hundred miles from me, and surrounded by black suburbans. not much evidence, but one wonders why an 80 year old muslim cleric has a billion dollar empire, 150 charter schools, etc.

That the attack on Erdogan, who hankers after a return of the Caliphate..which would encompass Eretz Israel, comes from Israel is not surprising..Attack by way of deception is the IDF motto.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How about Erdogan tasting dirt, and going to hell?

He is moving directly against democracy and building a personal cult around himself, using this coup as an excuse for instigating a totalitarian dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hard choice. I'm on a Gulen free diet and too much Turkey plays havoc with my gout.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
IF i was president i would personally invite turkeys president. then when he arrived have the Mafia whack him for cover and to blame a outside group for his death. Then quietly pay off the mafia with a few choice pardons.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am an Erdogan supporter and voter. Gulen is truly a terrorist who had spread his tentacles to every level of the country.

I remember when I first came to Turkey from America and got a job here. I had to get a health report before I could start work. I went to the the health center place where all they really need to do is take a lung xray and a blood test. Because I had just moved to the area, I was not registered there, yet. There was a massive line due to some computer issues that day and people were lining up. I couldn't get in line because I had no registration so I went to the nurse/girl who works there (with a headscarf) and said to her, "I just moved here from America, etc, etc I need a health report."

She said, "Oh...are you with Gulen?"

I had no idea who Gulen was at this time, despite being Turkish and a Muslim, probably because I'm American. So I just was trying to think what she meant and didn't have a chance to respond before she said, "Follow me."

I followed her and she took care of everything and got my report signed by the doctor instantly. As I was leaving, I almost got attacked by the people in line who were wondering who the hell I was and why I got special treatment. I had to get the hell out of there. Fast.

Why do I mention this? Because it shows how they were at EVERY level of the bureaucracy and business. They were everywhere. High and low. From the highest levels of the military, to a lowly health center as a nurse.

They went for the coup and failed. And ever since America and the west have been in an all out economic assault on Turkey and it is failing. Alhamdulillah.

Erdogan is standing up against globalism. Let's see if Trump supports us or not in the coming weeks.
edit on 7-2-2017 by AbuMusaab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

How about Erdogan tasting dirt, and going to hell?

He is moving directly against democracy and building a personal cult around himself, using this coup as an excuse for instigating a totalitarian dictatorship.

Lol. What democracy ? The democracy that destroyed Libya and Syria ? Keep that kind of democracy to yourself.
You can say what you want about Erdogan but Turkish people riled behind him when it was needed.
Someone thought they could destabilise Turkey same way like Syria and Libya but failed miserably
edit on 7-2-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Turkey is not Syria or Libya. We will not be refugees running for our lives. We will die here.

I would also add that I don't support terrorism because it's ineffective and counter-productive. As a citizen of the United States, I voted for Trump in Florida and I believe that vote will do more damage to America (as it is) and the world order that any terrorist attack ever could. All the Muslims that I know, who haven't abandoned Islam (you the ones that support gays and what not), voted Trump. This will hit America harder than that fake 9/11.

I also hope Le Pen wins, and the EU is destroyed. Our next goal should be to remove the veto power of the Security Council at the UN.
edit on 7-2-2017 by AbuMusaab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Could be historic.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Could be historic.

new topics

top topics

join