It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we do something nice for a departed member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hi ATS, with the recent passing of a respected member of our community, I was wondering......

Would it be possible, T&C permitting, to set up a donation page somewhere so those who want to can donate a small amount to buy something like a wreath or flowers?

Even just a couple of quid/dollars/etc from his friends here should get something that can be sent to his family.

It would have to be someone with connections to his family that organised it, I know someone in his farewell thread seemed to have these connections if they would be willing to help.

Sorry if this a bad thing to ask, just seems like a nice thing to do.
edit on 12/8/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Just seen I agree he really was a loved member.
A member ATS and it's community can be proud of.
We should do something.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Personally, I support any good ideas. He was a thoroughly decent guy, but he had a value to ATS in the sense of being a fine example of hope in adversity and being decent to other members. Who he was and how he conducted himself can teach us a few things or simply remind us to put things into context.

ATS has sent wreaths and condolences to families of passed members before.

I don't think it'll be possible to set up a donations page on ATS. Not for any other reason than it's always been policy. That definitely shouldn't be interpreted as coldness or disrespect; we're all mourning him.

Don't take this as the final word as I probably should be leaving it for Admins or owners to reply. I just didn't want your question to be dangling or to give the impression it wasn't important. It's possible something is in the works and we've discussed a few ideas already.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great response...

What would be lovely Kandisky (once site owners and admin have taken a decision) is to inform us all if a gest has been made.

Kindest respects

Lag

a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Hiya Lag,

It's been done before with no fanfare. Private gestures or public gestures are matters of discretion and we'll have to leave it, again, for owners/admins to decide.

All the best,
K

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Understood and respected

Kindest respects

Lag

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Who passed?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
ya who's dead?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I honestly do hate to the "that guy", but this -

Personally, I support any good ideas. He was a thoroughly decent guy, but he had a value to ATS in the sense of being a fine example of hope in adversity and being decent to other members. Who he was and how he conducted himself can teach us a few things or simply remind us to put things into context.

should have given you a hint to ask in a less flippant way. To some he was a close personal friend, to some he was was a name on the screen, but he was a damn good guy to everyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ive not been much on ats lately, so i didnt know, this is truly sad, ill miss that lovely man, hes been on ats as long as me.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Shocking news.
Great idea though. I'm in.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
His brother posted that details will be forth coming, I would check to see if there is a particularly charity he was affiliated with and that could be an option:

Woodward's thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe a happy thread forum dedicated to woody?.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I support doing something.

What exactly?

I dunno, whatever y'all decide.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Whether ATS admins/staff will allow it but maybe set up a gofund me account and post the link to donate on this site. Obviously it all depends on if that can be allowed here.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Brilliant, keep us informed.

As far as my suggestion, I was thinking, even if 25 members donated £2 each, would hardly break the bank and 50 quid would get something nice.

A friend of mine from Oklahoma was murdered a few years back, and quite a few of us from the gaming site we were on made small donations to a PayPal account, the idea being it was to be transferred to a bank account then something paid for from a local flower shop in his area....as luck would have it, there was a shop that actually accepted Paypal!

new topics

top topics

join