It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You can smell it in the air; tonight it will rain. I light a cigarette in the darkness of my living room, and I am alone. It won't be long now. Soon the Rain will be here.

I head off on foot to the liquor store at the corner of my street. What happened to this place? As a child, the liquor store building was a bakery. No one is interested in bread now. Sin runs the streets.

I say hello to the clerk, and head directly to the cheapest bourbon I can find. Tonight it's not about taste. I pay with a $10 and tell the clerk to keep the change. He is hardly appreciate. Asshole.

Only half a block to go; I can see my house now. As I walk toward my door, I toss the now empty liter of what was bourbon onto my lawn. # it.

I take a seat on the weathered rocking chair that I had for so long taken for granted. It squeaks as I pull out my last cigarette and light it. The rain is here now.

I think to myself that this is as beautiful a moment as any other. Now is the time. Pulling the razor blade from my pocket, I slowly cut down deep into both of my wrists. A crimson surge of blood lets me know I did a great job.

As the reality of the situation sets in, I know that I want to feel the rain on my skin one last time. Stumbling to my lawn, I take a seat in the grass. I'll miss the smell of rain.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhotepic

Stellar writing. Had me hooked right up to the end.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhotepic

Geez, i know someone who will be a new favorite in here among the vultures..

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Thank you for your kind words! I am always happy to please a feathered friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
*waits for Marv to beat somebody up, Nancy to shake her a$$, and Miho to chop off some guys head*

new topics

top topics

join