It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurker Stepping Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I am long time lurker that is finally ready to become a part of the chaos that is ATS. I am not here for my ego, or to argue semantics with the contrarians that frequent the posts I read daily (you know who you are...). Instead, I am here to offer some freshness to a place that I believe has become somewhat dank from too much anti-intellectual, bipartisan link show and tells passed off as posts. Gone are the days of the posts that required more than just links to three articles and four pictures. It may look good, but the content is lacking. I would like to see all of us putting out more original posts that require nothing more than our words. Insert a thought into another's mind and take time to fully consider their opinion in an attempt to further your own ability to perceive reality as more than just the person you have grown to be. Many people here will tell you that they are here to learn and grow as a person, but I think some are mistaken. Many of you seem so sure of your own convictions that you have stopped seeking the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhotepic

Welcome to ATS Imhotepic

saying goodbye to a old member and hello to a new member

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yep.

Cool first paragraph.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Touché.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You said "dank". I like you already.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Blaze it. 8:40

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

lol what? I meant I liked it, and I basically agree with everything you just said.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

haha nice.

We've got a live one guys. Can't wait to see you around.

Welcome

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Wordddddddd

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

My apologies. I thought it was a comment on my lack of paragraph usage. I have never used a forum before and am now realizing I should have spaced my thoughts out differently for aesthetics and readability.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

It's a decent sized paragraph now that you mention it, lol, but it's all good. I dig your style.

After you make a certain amount of comments (is it 25?), you get to write your own thread.

I'll be looking out for ya.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I think they lowered it to 5, which could be part of our issue with "well presented threads" falling to news re-postings.
It used to be 20.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Oh oops, lol. Awkward.

Thank you for the correction Reverbs.

I did think 20-25 comments was a little high when I first arrived... 5 might be too low tho? Idk.

There are still those people who make accounts just to comment once or twice, then delete the account right away afterwards. They are like hit and runs. I notice that happening all the time. I usually like what those ones have to say, too. So if the rule has to do with trying to prevent the hit and runs or ghost accounts from happening then, idk if it's working tbh.

But it might make it harder for spam robots and stuff like that, idk.
edit on 12-8-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

come on now..

Geez Louise!

Hahaha love the name.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's going well so far. Keep up the good contributions!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What is that 4, 5 or 6 lurkers lost in the last week?! (*hats off*)

Welcome to ATS, Imhotepic!

Good job on stepping up and trying to make this place a better place than when you found it! That and Deny Ignorance should be what all members strive for. Hope you have the patience of Buddha with some topics!

Anyway, glad you stepped out of the shadows to fight the good fight!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Agreed, I long for idea discussion and fleshing out. Story telling, and mind boggling content. I have long since abandoned the bastion of "truth seeking" and now I am a seeker; "of those who have found their own truths and wish to share."

Glad you are apart of the great experiment of thought that is ATS.

greeting and welcome my friend!

new topics

top topics

join