It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favourite old game?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ah, mine would definitely have to be (in no particular order):

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Altered Beast (Arcade)
Street Fighter II (Arcade)
Postal 1 & 2
Doom 64
Silent Hill
edit on 18-11-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
early 90's syndicate. you send out terminator like agents to control the city. some versions were crap dont recall which was the classic. they made a new one called satellite reign i haven't played yet but reviews are good.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
nuf said...

originally posted by: Emit1
early 90's syndicate. you send out terminator like agents to control the city. some versions were crap dont recall which was the classic. they made a new one called satellite reign i haven't played yet but reviews are good.

Syndicate was released in 93 on MS Dos and Amiga, later ported to consoles and other systems. I finished original game more then once back in time and recently with emulation. There was expansion (American Revolt) to original game, and later games just never got hype original game did.
edit on 7-12-2016 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Ah, mine would definitely have to be (in no particular order):

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Altered Beast (Arcade)
Street Fighter II (Arcade)
Postal 1 & 2
Doom 64
Silent Hill

Someone else who loved Doom 64? This makes me happy.
That was my favorite of the classic style Doom games, even though I know that's sacrilege to a lot of fellow old school Doom heads. The more horror themed vibe and creepy sound effects, as well as the artifact keys, made it so distinctive. Must have spent 100+ hours (in the days before I had internet) trying to get all the secret levels (and beat them) including the Hectic stage. There's a pretty great total conversion for it called Doom 64 TC, and a standalone closer to the original called Doom 64 The Absolution EX if you haven't played it in a while.

I still hold out hope for an official re-release with up scaling like Turok got recently.

Peace.
edit on 12/7/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Moonstone all the way, back on the Commodore Amiga. Still got a replica on PC that I play from time to time.
And its still a pretty good challenge. 4 players, or 1+3 AI, rpg elements, pvp, gore option. Still a blast.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Syndicate was released in 93 on MS Dos and Amiga, later ported to consoles and other systems. I finished original game more then once back in time and recently with emulation. There was expansion (American Revolt) to original game, and later games just never got hype original game did.

i never finished it, didnt realise the classic it was till 57 games later i was recalling how good it was. an ipad emulation would make millions given the sorry state of gaming today

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1
i never finished it, didnt realise the classic it was till 57 games later i was recalling how good it was. an ipad emulation would make millions given the sorry state of gaming today

Not sure I follow - today's computer and console gaming is just fine, retro gaming as well. Emulator on iPad - not interested, as I like to use keyboard and mouse, as well old consoles and computers. I still have Amiga 1200 with HD and apolo turbo card.
Game is worth re-playing, it is available on gog.com.
www.gog.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Worms blast?

Played that. 1v1 battles with friend some of the best pvp ever

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just bought the strider arcade board yay!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
C&C: Generals Zero Hour
Counter-Strike
Metal Gear Solid
Rise of Nations
Empire Earth
these are the old ones that i can remember.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

if you're not into fps or hand-holding story telling todays games are garbage. rpg when you lvl the critters lvl, move to next town and see what that npc says, yawn. sports games are pretty good, was playing the latest premier league game recently its not bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ready 2 Rumble 2.

I was completely addicted to that game. It was the only game I played on a regular basis.

Wore out 3 or 4 Sega Dreamcasts...boy, do I miss it. Last time I played it would be 2004/5.

Loved the Michael Jackson and Hillary Clinton boxers.

Does anyone know if you can still get this but to play on a laptop?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
OOOOHHH i just had to respond. My favorite old game is Kingdom Hearts for Ps2.

Summary: Kingdom Hearts is the story of Sora, a 14-year-old boy whose world is shattered when a violent storm hits his island-paradise home, and is separated from his two closest friends, Riku, a 15-year-old boy, and Kairi, a 14-year-old girl. The storm scatters the three to differnt and unknown worlds. At the same time, there's turmoil in Disney Castle. King Mickey is missing, and Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy set out to find him. On their travels they meet Sora on his own search for his lost friends. The three are told of ominous creatures known as the Heartless - beings without hearts derived from an unknown dimension and as it turns out, manipulated by Disney villains and the ones responsible for the devastating storm. Upon discovering the link between the Heartless, the storm and the disappearance of King Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy join forces and help familiar Disney heroes to save their worlds. [Square]

I think i need to post a link to the site per T&C's?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I often play old games like Tetris or Mario on www.friv2online.com... . I like such small games. They are funny and not boring. +very addictive

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My first video game was Pong. Man, that makes me feel so old, hehe.

Pretty much any of the old Zelda games can hold me captive for huge amounts of time. I just love the exploration and the puzzles. Those were really the very first games that I would do extra chores for so I could go buy them as they came out.

Have to say though, the games that I always circle back around to over and over are Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Planescape: Torment. I spent so many hours in those, trying out everything and trying so many custom mods. I also got very deeply into the modding community and did digital artwork for some of the modders and wrote dialogs for NPC convos.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Asteroids, but that's going back to the 1970's
Noticed someone mentioned Diablo I, I'm still playing Diablo II

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

This is going back pretty far, loved playing this one on the C-64 back in the 80s.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I love all of the original Zelda games. I still play them on emulators regularly. Same goes for the pretty much standard selection of classic 8 and 16 bit games like Super Mario, Sonic, etc. Of all of those Zelda is definitely my favorite.

A couple more obscure favorites of mine have always been Kickle Cubicle and Little Nemo: The Dream Master.

Both Earthworm Jim games on SNES were great. The sequel was my favorite. I spent a couple hours yesterday after work playing it and had a blast!

New games are great and I still spend a lot of time playing Xbox One when i have a chance. But nothing beats the classics.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
legend of Zelda ocarina of time

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join