It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favourite old game?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I have fond memories of many old games but the only one I can still play today that still puts a big cheesy grin on my face is the original Doom.

Best game ever made.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Original SNES models are selling for about $40-$50 on average at the flea markets. NES is as high as $80-$100 . PS1's are $20-30 for the original one, $40 for the mini. N64's are usually between the price of a ps1 and the SNES on average. I have not checked prices on Sega consoles, but it probably is not very high. Sega licensed many of its games to be sold on newer consoles that are pre-loaded with a lot of their best collections, and only cost about $30 new.

So the snes is selling for better than the ps1 right now. NES has them all beat. I kinda do want to play some original duck hunter.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

FUCk yea man, the original, the best. What I really enjoy is how updated hardware has allowed for some seriously crowded and challenging mods, like Slaughterfest, Holy Hell, Nuts and more!

This laptop I use is shot to #, hooked up to a separate monitor because the screen is shattered, missing half the keys, and is so slow probably full of malware and junk the kids load on here. But I found a small business server which I think I want to turn into a machine to play all the classic games on emulators and roms, and especially to play these badass doom mods.

Arent you happy about the world builder in doom 2016?? I want to take it for a spin so bad.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Defender of the Crown on NES. I didn't enjoy Defender of the Crown the Amiga 500 though.
Starcraft (the original only, I load it first on every new computer I buy.)
Half Life

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I loved to play the Eye Of The Beholder series. I might get an emulator and download them again some time.

It was the first game I ever played that actually utilized the right mouse button... When a friend and I started playing it, we of course didn't bother to read the manual, that's for losers anyway, and we knew all about AD&D. So, when we encountered the first enemy, we didn't realize to right-click on the weapons to attack, instead we clicked left, which removed the weapons from the slot. We ended up throwing half our inventory at the kobold until it died, then we actually took a look in the manual to see how fighting works. Good times!

I also loved the Champions Of Krynn saga and all the other AD&D games that were in a similar fashion, like Pool of Radiance and such and Buck Rogers. System Shock and the Wing Commander games were amazing as well! Oh how often I cursed that damn ship I had to land on. A shame they never finished the final trilogy.
Speaking of trilogies, 'The Dark Eye' was a lot of fun, too. I think a lot of them are downloadable now, too.

Back in the C64 days I usd to play Gauntlet, Bubble Bobble and G.I. Joe with a friend for hours on end.
edit on 13 8 2016 by Sirrurg because: reasons

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
NeverWinter Nights!

Best game ever made

Hell yea, I played that on a private server for years!
NWN II isn't too bad either.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Verse

Original SNES models are selling for about $40-$50 on average at the flea markets. NES is as high as $80-$100 . PS1's are $20-30 for the original one, $40 for the mini. N64's are usually between the price of a ps1 and the SNES on average. I have not checked prices on Sega consoles, but it probably is not very high. Sega licensed many of its games to be sold on newer consoles that are pre-loaded with a lot of their best collections, and only cost about $30 new.

So the snes is selling for better than the ps1 right now. NES has them all beat. I kinda do want to play some original duck hunter.

Yes!! After I found it I "ran" to Ebay and searched for SNES...got kinda disappointed lol, like "thassit??"
I´ll just keep it for now. Hopefully the price´ll go up sometime in the future, might as well try to connect it and start using it again. The games are pretty cheap for it...nothing beats nostalgia like playing SNES games on an actual SNES. I do have the emulator and a controller but it's not the same...plus with the auto save feature you don't really give it your all because you know, if you're losing you can just save and load any time. That's how I finally beat Punch Out on the Nes emulator haha!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They're actually bringing out a miniature NES with 30 built in games soon, you can pre-order them already.

www.nintendo.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Zack McCracken and Maniac Mansion! Toejam n Earl...final Fantasy 1...was a die hard on those old Tron arcade machines.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
At reply to: Baldryck

Defender of the crown! Omg! Yes yes yes!

And romance of the three Kingdoms!

Is it too late to add Baseball Stars ?

~meathead

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Night Stalker on IntelliVision!

Oh and Berzerk on the Atari 2600!

Can't forget Pitfall on the Atari 2600 either.

Seems so cheesy now, but as a kid I thought they were great games. ~$heopleNation
edit on 13-8-2016 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Spin the bottle was quite fun... But I'm old

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

Bubble Bobble was just too addictive especially with two players , I had it on the Sinclair Spectrum.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow... I'll have to distill a long list to keep this from being a very long post.

In no particular order...
*Burger Time- Why this game isn't considered more iconic is beyond me.
*Uncharted Waters: New Horizons- I don't know why I loved and still love this game, but I still play it on emulator often.
*Civilization- The original is still my absolute favorite from the series, though the copyright protection system is a PITA.
*Super Mario Bros. 3- Arguably the best Nintendo game ever
*Metroid- An amazing game that will always be one of my fondest childhood memories.
*Mario Golf for the N64- The best golf game ever made, IMO. It was the only golf game I've played where perfection was possible through pure skill and practice rather than luck.
*The old Commander Keen, Secret Agent, and Duke Nukem side scrollers by Apogee-

Apogee made some crazy fun games.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Atari 2600:
Riddle of the Sphinx
Yars Revenge

Early PC:
Archon
Return of Heracles

Arcade:
Skate or die
Galaga
Mortal Combat

PC:
Diablo 1 & 2
Half Life

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The original "Rise-of-the-Triad" (which used the old Wolfenstein 3d engine).
Still occasionally play Half-Life (1) Team-Deathmatch.
Play a ton of TF2, but that's more modern.

PS: From the 80's ... Star-Flight!
edit on 2016-8-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
M1 Tank Platton 2 ...still works in 7 with software rendering.. spent a few hours on it today..

If you dont know it.. it is a must play

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
M1 Tank Platoon 2 ...still works in 7 with software rendering.. spent a few hours on it today..

If you dont know it.. it is a must play

edit on 13-8-2016 by Quadlink because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Gameboy: zelda links awakening, mystic quest (us final fantasy andventure)

Nes: zelda, star tropics

Snes: zelda a link to the past, lufia rise of the sinistrals (what an ending..), star ocean, illusion of time, terranigma, secret of mana/evermore, final fantasy 6 (us 3)

Psone: resident evil, suikoden 1&2, parasite eve, final fantasy 7/8/9, XENOGEARS..

Xenogears absolutely blow my mind..
After that i thought that no game could be so deep..

xenoblade (wii) showed me that i was wrong..

Everyone that questions the human kind, science/god, and even reality should play this game. The ending could change your view of the world..
Buy this game or get an emu, get the iso and let your mind be blown

edit on 13-8-2016 by Vratyas because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2016 by Vratyas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
PInbot.

Dig dug

Spy game ,The one you got into the booth and drove.

And Final Fantasy 3 of course.

edit on 13-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join