It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favourite old game?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

have you played tm2 after playing black? i was the same until i did!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Jumping Flash 2 was the shizz!

Quite a fun and unique game at its time. Definitely something I would buy again at the old game shop. It was just humorous and absurd.

It was also one of the few great 3D platformers that worked.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
how about paperboy, sim city, 13th hour, 11th guest, swat, prince of persia 1st version, ants, oregon trail. police quest, earthworm jim, battletoads v double dragon, blast corps, pilot wings...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I remember how mad i use to get at games when i was a kid i was so garbage.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Redrat

I remember how mad i use to get at games when i was a kid i was so garbage.

I was a controller chucker

link   
Robotron 2084.
See you at the kill screen.

link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Oh yea I rocked black on ps2 for a bit. But when i got ps3, guess what I bought and d/l from the store?? TM2 baby!!!

I still have sim city 2000. I used my ps3 for ps1 games when it still read disks. Battle toads and double dragon was awesome. I use to play that around the same time as the TMNT game that was also in the arcade, contra, and sonic genesis days.

I have nit played Oregon trail since 3rd grade, but I always talk about it with people every year.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

hell yeh man those memories are my childhood i dont remember my birth days but i remember playing video games

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I been through 9 destroyed controller through my PS3. I blame Call of Duty 4-9 lol. At that point I did not care too much of campaign games, and was nostalgic for my FPS days on Mplayer with quake 1 and soldier of fortune on gamespy. i have been on multiplayer competitive for some time now.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
my fav games of all time are Final Fantasy 3 or 6 depending on your region. it was 3 in the us but 6th in the series. also loved chrono trigger. i cant think of ever having as much fun in a game with friends as i did with goldeneye on N64. my friends still wont play me on the cave or stack level with dual grenade launchers though. pre T2A ultima online was great. i feel its something that can never be recreated though cause even the programmers were learning how to combat thousands of players that were actively trying to find any leg up on their competition and the bugs were ripe for the picking. Battlefield 1942 and battlefield 2 were some great games i loved very much aswell, too bad dice and ea decided to go the call of duty route with the sequels even though they themselves said thats what bad company was for. oh shining force on the genesis was also one of my fav strategy games of all time. wing commander series makes the list aswell.

-Final fantasy 3
-Chrono Trigger
-Goldeneye
-Ultima Online Pre T2A
-Battlefield 1942 and 2
-Shining Force
-Wing Commander series

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

thats what i did as well, the controls were so terrible compared to black in my opinion, tm2 is still awesome dont get me wrong
edit on 12-8-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

-Final fantasy 3
-Chrono Trigger

I bought and owned the original soundtracks for them at one point. No clue where they ended up, but I have all the original music for my classic RPG's.
Final Fantasy 4 and 6 and 7, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Secret of Mana, Illusions of Gaia, Breath of Fire, and of course Diablo 2.

Music is probably one of the driving forces for our nostalgia. Star Ocean 2 was a wicked long game.

Ever notice old school gamers, we read better as kids than today's gamers?? Because noone ever talked, we had to read! I credit the OG generation as being better readers than today's average gamers. # many of us were reading at college level in middle school!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
30 years ago my friend and I use to be addicted to a game called Wizardry. It was kind of like dungeons and dragons but on the computer. No graphics except maybe a green box and writing. From them on I always get my left and right mixed up as to move you had press K for kick, F for forward, A for attack, P for parry and L for left and R for right. Now on a keyboard the letter L is on the right side and R is on the left side hence my left right confusion. Back in those days the text on computers was green and the game started with a floppy disc.

My other fond memory of a game is Mist.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

and not only read but figure out what they meant with some of those terrible translations. i think that was part of the charm though.i had forgotten about secret of mana and breath of fire though. i most definetly loved those games. even got the extra controller port so 4 players could play secret of mana. man i want to go back and play breath of fire 1 and 2 so bad now. i may have to go find the rom. yes loved the music in those games 2. that infamous opera scene in ff3...
edit on 12-8-2016 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Excite bike

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Hunt the wumpus,
I played that on my Texas Instruments computer in the early 80's

I played a Bruce lee game on my comadore 64 but I don't remember the name.

Ye Ar Kung Fu?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Still unsurpassed almost 25 years later

edit on 12-8-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
For me it has to be the Myst series. I have sought out many similar games since then, including doing a real escape room puzzle as a family event. Oh how I long for a continuation of Myst. I live in hope.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Pong(my first videogame i played at an age of 4 years), Shinobi, Double Dragon, 1942, 1943, California Games, Galaga, Bomberman, Maniac Mansion, Zac McKracken, Day of the Tentacle(all those "Tentacle games"), Monkey Island(all parts), Operation Wolf, Commando Libya...

And so on, there are much, much more.
Compared to the games one has to buy nowadays, some of those old games are more worth to play (and have almost the same graphics) than some of those new "indie" games for 20 Euros on Steam, in Early Access stage...

edit on 12 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join