It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus Ex Mankind attracts controversy from SJWs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Typical liberal. Open minded means we tell you what to think and you think that and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: amazing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that post applies to you, like the people that push this Gamergate stuff, or demand trigger warnings & safe spaces, then you have no business even talking about people like Gandhi or MLK or Jesus or Mother Theresa.

These are the type of people that would ban MLK for not being “Diverse” enough!
www.weaselzippers.us... gh/
AND MUST BE STOPPED.

The problem, though, is that by labeling these whinners as Social Justice Warriors, you insult real Social Justice Warriors and keep the Gamergate propaganda going. Instead of calling these types Social Justice Warriors, we should just call them whinners and malcontents or some real descriptor like that.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The term is what it is. I didn't invent it. That they apparently take offense to it is on them. Figuring out how to differentiate yourself from them is on you. My immediate solution was "social INjustice warrior", where I dont support this notion that "justice" = REVENGE like the SJW's are all about (because such hypocrisy would be injustice).

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So seriously, don't use this controversy to rail against SJW's. It's dumb.

Why not, exactly? When it's religious conservatives with a stick in their craw about GTA, is it "dumb" to point them out? Likewise, is it "dumb" to point out that Catholics were major detractors of the waltz? Because that's what you just did with your quote-- pointed out that many Catholics were against the waltz. Now we're pointing out that many SJWs are against free expression in video games (and they have been for quite a while).

edit on 13-8-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Why not, exactly? When it's religious conservatives with a stick in their craw about GTA, is it "dumb" to point them out? Likewise, is it "dumb" to point out that Catholics were major detractors of the waltz? Because that's what you just did with your quote-- pointed out that many Catholics were against the waltz. Now we're pointing out that many SJWs are against free expression in video games (and they have been for quite a while).

Being a SJW isn't the same thing as being a Catholic. I would have thought that was obvious, but then again with the way that people hate SJW's on this website maybe common sense like that isn't so obvious. For one SJW is usually just a derogatory term for someone pushing an social agenda that people such as you don't like. Meanwhile being a Catholic is a conscious decision that completely makes up someone's word view.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Being a SJW isn't the same thing as being a Catholic. I would have thought that was obvious, but then again with the way that people hate SJW's on this website maybe common sense like that isn't so obvious. For one SJW is usually just a derogatory term for someone pushing an social agenda that people such as you don't like. Meanwhile being a Catholic is a conscious decision that completely makes up someone's word view.

So pushing a social agenda is not a conscious decision, and those agendas don't largely make up someone's worldview?

SJW seems to have a pretty specific definition, now. An unreasonable person who clings to an irrational version of modern progressivism. There are enough of them to justify it as a legitimate label.

They don't seem too different from hardline religious types. Both are overzealous and dislike compromise, and their lives are consumed by mostly unreasonable beliefs. Both tend to aggressively push their views. Both have a tendency to malign their opposition.

Doesn't really seem too different to me. But I guess it's different to you, because you sympathize with the one group and not the other.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wow thats crazy. But I see the problem here. Has anybody informed these people that its just a videogame. That is people will pick it up, play it for a few weeks or maybe months or so, and then? Well nothing more, they will get on with there daily life's and like they have done with the likely hundreds if not thousand of other videogames that came before and it will end up in the closet only to be traded in some many months or years latter.

I suppose some people just need mellow drama and controversy, and something they can handle without breaking to much of a sweat or thinking to hard on it, I mean of all the things out there in the world which would be much more real issues. Ya! Videogames, totally fits that bill of not breaking a sweat in the controversy and melodrama department.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

They should get together and create games, same way as christians started making christian metal or christian content pc games, that should keep them happy...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto
I suppose they should, but realistically how many Christians play christian made content games? Must be like a job, somebody has got to do it right, or they must be seen doing it for it to count, as if some higher for is watching them, its just freaking bizarre.

Same may apply to this, I don't even freaking know who or what SJWs are, or I do but its so meaningless that it not even worth remembering.

Anyways, have not played the new Deus Ex game its supposed to come out sometime this week or so, I however will not be playing it, looks like a pretty good game, but to many other games which I will have to play through yet never will in the closet yet. Nothing more need be said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join