It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus Ex Mankind attracts controversy from SJWs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Where did I label you anything? I'm just talking frankly about your rhetoric, which is SEVERELY partisan tinged. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Your side is going off the hook Orwellian, so either help bring sense back to your scene, or be part of the problem, that's your right!

*Yawn* Ignoring the obvious hyperbole. Wake me when laws are actually violated or government is ACTUALLY inhibiting free speech. These faux complaints about SJW's and them speaking out about things they don't like like it is violating rights are just tedious distractions. Plus they are pretty whiny like I pointed out to you already.

Like I said, step away from that rabbit hole. Things aren't as dire as you like to pretend they are. Nothing is wrong with whiny kids crying about a video game they don't like. Just ignore them. Apparently that is too hard for you though.

edit on 12-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Substracto *snip*
I believe it's outrage for outrage sake. Kind of like the original GTA game "causing kids to kill". I played that game. I'm 37 soon. I haven't killed anyone....

Yet!

Your signature picture now has a sinister nature. It used to be just a picture!
edit on 8/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"SJW" is getting attached to absolutely everything nowadays.

Don't like the way some speaks? You're an SJW!

Don't like a video game? You're an SJW!

Don't like something someone does? You're an SJW!

"SJW" has lost its meaning. It doesn't mean anything anymore because people use it for everyone.

These people complaining about video games are called "whingers". Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Where did I label you anything?

Please keep your conservative crazy to yourself.

Let's explore some parts of reality that you are trying to ignore to push your crazy, partisan shtick.

For partisan binary mentality people its kneejerk to always expect its always 'the other guy' of the USvsTHEM equation. Its a Cognitive Bias. So I wont beat you up any harder for it.

*Yawn* Ignoring the obvious hyperbole. Wake me when laws are actually violated or government is ACTUALLY inhibiting free speech. These faux complaints about SJW's and them speaking out about things they don't like like it is violating rights are just tedious distractions. Plus they are pretty whiny like I pointed out to you already.

This is just another symptom, amongst a LONG list, where Nazi like tendencies / behaviors / actions / policies / oppression are well documented at this point. And with the Gamergate stuff it isnt just whining, its about ruining entire scenes, getting up into people fun space and crapping all in them, while out in the 'real world' it can and does come down to harassment including death/rape threats and so on: www.reddit.com...

If you're in the left, and you're a moderate, its on you to clean house before they burn it down for good (or worse).
edit on 12-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Substracto *snip*
I believe it's outrage for outrage sake. Kind of like the original GTA game "causing kids to kill". I played that game. I'm 37 soon. I haven't killed anyone....

Yet!

Your signature picture now has a sinister nature. Black and red eyes. I think it should symbolize something bad.

Maybe it does?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pardon my french but who the frak gives two craps? You have the entire world going to garbage and people are legitimately concerned about things in a video game?

I am cannot even begin to describe the amount of disgust this brings. Someone put a pacifier in these whiney children so the adults can consider things going on in reality without having to baby people who are experiencing pretend injustice to a group of nonexistent cyborgs.

How is it possible for anyone to put so much effort into being upset at something that isnt real? For the love of all things holy, get your heads out of your asses and grow up.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Some people have this belief that a video game, based on fiction, will make people do "bad stuff" in the real world.

Video games have been called all sorts from "bad you" (yeah, no reason, just is) to "video games are the work of the devil".

It's been going on since before I was born and will continue to go on long after I'm dead.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
how long until you have art galleries with a sign that says "some of the art might be disturbing, we hope it doesnt trigger you, if it does, safe spaces are available on corridor 6, with nice music and a tv set where images of poneys run free in green fields and bees find their favourite flowers, we hope you enjoy."

kakakakakakakakakakakaka, call Popeye! or maybe not, he is a patriarchal sailor who tends to save his damsel in distress...
edit on 12-8-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hmm.

In honour of this thread, I'm off to play some Duke Nukem 3D. Shake it, Baby!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Win win situation there! Another classic!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
how long until you have art galleries with a sign that says "some of the art might be disturbing, we hope it doesnt trigger you, if it does, safe spaces are available on corridor 6, with nice music and a tv set where images of poneys run free in green fields and bees find their favourite flowers, we hope you enjoy."

kakakakakakakakakakakaka, call Popeye! or maybe not, he is a patriarchal sailor who tends to save his damsel in distress...

I thought that was already happening?!?!?!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are kidding me?? no way!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

More or less. Transition already in effect. Although its just the transition to banning 'everything' per se. With art the Nazi's did their Entartete Kunst ("Degenerate Art") purge. Same concepts with the PC Thought Police, just different spiels (they'd ban anything that "offends" which of course becomes everything over long enough timeline).

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

*Eye roll* Welcome to the internet. Did you just join us on January 21st of this year or something?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I missed the incremental transition to PC Culture / SJW Mania becoming the mainstream the past several years, until Memorial Day of this year, actually. It didn't didnt sneak its way into my thinking like most everybody else. Instead I got to see it already well ripening when I finally noticed it, and rapidly it screamed Authortarianism to me. As I pieced together the framework from what already IS, it was obvious Nazism reborn (see top link in my sig).

I see there you joined us here just after it started catching on in 2012, and you've been a busy bee.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We need to keep in mind though that what the OP and all of us on this thread are talking about are people that whine and complain and have entitlement and take things a little bit too far.

Real Social Justice Warriors like Gandhi or MLK or Jesus or Mother Theresa or the women who fought for the right to vote in the US or anyone that fights for actual Social justice would be outraged that you're trying to link them to people like this and that you're soiling the name or title of social justice warrior. I'm still not even sure why this is a thing.

I am a real Social Justice Warrior. But I think the way you guys frame it means someone that doesn't like Gamergate or stands up for women's rights or something weird like that. SJW or Social Justice Warrior as a title or an insult didn't come about until the 8 year olds over at Gamer Gate got mad at some guys girlfriend. It's time to move on and use actual, real descriptors of people instead of weird title that don't really mean what you think they mean. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Oh I've been on the internet since 1998. None of this stuff shocks or concerns me considering the stuff I've seen and know about. I'm laughing that you even think this is a thing that I should care about. I post on GameFAQs forums a lot. I am WELL acquainted with the stupid # that kids these days whine about. But you forget that kids are kids. They are stupid and rarely ever know what they are talking about. This is why I told you to ignore it, though you still seem incapable of doing so.

PS: Let me tell you about the thing that -I- care about. This virus attacked my company earlier this week, and I've been spending the rest of it trying to get our servers back online and our company running smoothly again. When that # hit us, even Microsoft and Semantec didn't know about it. So cry me a river some more about a bunch of kids upset about a video game they have no chance of changing.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
For those who like violence in media/games, ask yourself. Why do you find the blood, gore, and the deaths of others entertaining? Why do you like watching those kinds of things? Because it isn't "real"? Well, the images look pretty darn real to me. Why do you like to fantasize about hurting others?

If I may be so bold, because it is one of the few outlets that prevents many people from resorting to humanity's natural primal instinct to kill anyone that crosses you. The more graphic and realistic media depictions of violence have become, the lower the actual rate of societal violence has dipped. Obviously correlation does not equal causation, but that works both ways... statistically speaking, there is no factual connection between Doom, Marilyn Manson, or The Walking Dead and violent crime rates.

I also think you *may* be backwards in your take-away here. Is media influencing the majority of society, or does society influence media? Take Rockstar Games for example. Red Dead Redemption is a game that was somewhat criticized for violence but one of the top rated video games of the past generation of games. Here's the catch, though... a significant number of gamers had been begging for that game to be made. Look at a gamer forum from 10 years ago and any "what should the next GTA be?" thread was greeted with a multitude of "give us an open world spaghetti western, please!" requests. Everyone who had played Red Dead Revolver 5 years earlier was pleading for not just a sequel, but a true open world sequel... Marcone's version of GTA set in the 1800's with Clint Eastwood, cowboys, indians, cactus, horses, etc... and make it gritty as hell. The game was asked for by fans and was a beautiful tribute to every gamer who grew up watching the 60's and 70's western movies replayed on Saturday afternoon.

I'd argue that the "casual gamer," those who play microtransaction games on their smart phones, those who get dragged into fad games like Dance Dance Revolution, and those who bought a Gameboy 20 years ago just to not feel left out of the Pokemon craze are susceptible to the consumerist message side of games. That's human nature in *some* people. It's why complete tripe like American Idol, 50 Shades of Grey, and the Twilight movies sell so huge. The Call of Duty games offer people the chance to play with their friends, across miles, each player sitting on their couch talking trash through their headsets... it's the modern equivalent of the old weekly poker game similar to how PMs and text messaging has replaced physically walking across the office to talk with a coworker. The technology has changed, but I don't believe there's any subliminal messages or nefarious purposes in any of it. Fact is video poker is boring, dudes like to bust each other's balls and there's no way to do that which beats sniping their avatar across a game map while they believe they're successfully hidden behind a half-wall.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Exactly, Im against people who see microagressions in every little thing, seeing politics everywhere, even in a way someone might dress casually, and wine while trying to achieve things just because... Nothing against real activists. Im "triggered" by the fact someone wants to change the nature of certain games, pushing agendas that are a little too much in my own opinion. No beef with someone like you, actually where I live the concept of SJW still doesnt exist, I was caught off guard when I started to absorb the informations that was coming from the United States, but you know, with globalism things do reach every part of the globe, where I live the division between people is pretty balanced, no one is marching on the streets demanding reparations for slavery or colonialism (I live in an ex-colonial country) but the wounds are still there, but diplomacy is working very well in here, lucky for us.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that post applies to you, like the people that push this Gamergate stuff, or demand trigger warnings & safe spaces, then you have no business even talking about people like Gandhi or MLK or Jesus or Mother Theresa.

These are the type of people that would ban MLK for not being “Diverse” enough!
www.weaselzippers.us... gh/
AND MUST BE STOPPED.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join