It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.6 Earthquake Southwest of Fiji triggers Tsunami Warning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
USGS.gov

From twitter:

Tsunami threat within 1000 km (621 miles) of preliminary magnitude 7.6 earthquake that struck about 535 km (330 miles) SE of Vanuatu - Pacific Tsunami Warning Center

Sounds like it is a warning for a small area. I know there are a lot of people on here more skilled in this area, anyone have any insight?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Says 7.2 on USGS...downgraded??

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

How do they decide to downgrade it, I don't think I ever seen an earthquake upgraded.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hopefully they are prepped considering what happened in Haiti 2010

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Something very odd happened to me early this morning- I was having a vivid dream, but began to wake up because I (apparently) felt my bed shaking- I could hear things rattling around like dishes in the cupboards, the building creaking, etc. and I actually said the word "EARTHQUAKE" loudly when I awoke sitting upright in bed (I think my voice woke a neighbor because I heard her feet hit the floor above me and she began stomping around, or maybe that's what I was experiencing to begin with?). Everything seemed OK and I was exhausted so went back to sleep quickly, but remembering this I did a search on earthquakes this morning just to be sure.

This was probably just a fluke, but... it's not the first time I have had "dreams" that seemed to be somehow possibly connected to "events" in other locations that I had no foreknowledge of.

edit on 8122016 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

top topics

join