It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana to remain illegal under federal law, DEA says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
The DEA Is another corrupt,useless organization that
of course would make an assinine decision like this.
Another drain on the shrinking Americans even with jobs..

Legalize MJ and the entire DEA would go under within a year. They all know this.

And just like any other governmental organization ... the employees fight for its survival. I would love to have the reins in my hand long enough to cut off every worthless governing agency in the land.

Can you imagine re-merging the Navy and the Marine Corps ... the Army and the Air Force ... and telling each, "You get one 4-Star general each. Be wise." The fallout would be stupid-fun to watch.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise."

The DEA are a collection of fascists. Why would they loosen their grip on the world's biggest cash crop.

It really sucks though, cuz I know people with autoimmune diseases who live normal lives solely because of the benefits of marijuana. But the DEA insists on making them criminals for preserving their own health.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Couldn't agree with you more. Watching friends deteriorate before my eyes because they don't want to be a criminal.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think people are going the wrong direction in fighting for legalization. I agree it should be happen, but arguing the benefits just doesn't work against the profits generated from prosecuting it.

Instead, force the government to start taking people who violate pot laws to trial rather than settling them with plea bargains. Alongside marijuana, it would eliminate 90% of the prison industry when they could run 90% fewer trials. It would force 90% fewer arrests, and marijuana would fall under that.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Good idea but I don't think it would happen. Trying to get people to drag out trials, loss of work, childcare and other hassles would always get in the way.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Aazadan

Good idea but I don't think it would happen. Trying to get people to drag out trials, loss of work, childcare and other hassles would always get in the way.

A plea costs you way more in child care than a couple days of trial does. The system is broken right now when the legal representation for someone brought in on a low level drug crime might be as low as 6 minutes on their case.

Somewhere along the way we turned the judicial system into a volume business, which means it's prosecuting many more laws. If we scale it back to just the stuff that actually matters, we'll stop caring about the things that don't.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm not for pot, don't use it never will, but really? All this does is continue to fill up our prisons with people who most likely should not be there as States one after another make it legal. It kind of bothers me that in one state you can get 20 years and in another you can walk down the street smoking. What is the message here?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The very vague message I would surmise is, "Drugs are bad and trust the government with your money to defeat the evil!"

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
For those of us out of the loop, can someone summarize what just happened?

Wasn't it announced a few month ago that it was going class 2?
Did they backtrack, or was the previous statement a lie?
Does this fall under the new "goobers allowed to lie to the public" propaganda laws, or did I miss something?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Jokes r what this country is make of, LOL again

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

And they don't care if we know it.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
For those of us out of the loop, can someone summarize what just happened?

Wasn't it announced a few month ago that it was going class 2?
Did they backtrack, or was the previous statement a lie?
Does this fall under the new "goobers allowed to lie to the public" propaganda laws, or did I miss something?

The report was that it was going to. They must have had some internal debate and decided not to do it. My best guess is the politicians wanted to leave it as an election issue so they asked the DEA to hold off.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

And yet here we are just laughing at the joke instead of making demands.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Naturally. The DEA needs the war on drugs to continue to self perpetuate, and the amount of revenue they generate for the government through property and asset seizures makes it a mini IRS. With guns.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: Snarl

... makes it a mini IRS. With guns.

Oh ... they've Got Guns Too ... and lots of 'em.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The DEA is run by MORONS of the highest caliber. They are so incredibly stupid that people should never expect them to come through on anything remotely representing the people of this country. What is needed is an act of congress to squelch these idiots into submission where they belong.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: otter777
Marijuana puts holes in the brain - as do all drugs.

See pics at

www.relfe.com...

LOL...yet the disclaimer at the bottom of whatever quack wrote that says:

DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not medical science or medical advice. This information is not backed up by scientific evidence.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Whatever. Smoke people. This is all about keeping people miserable.

Do whatever it takes to be happy. That is the true form of rebellion.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
damn it's so slow process

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join