It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Stand-Up comedian...Not a President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Trump's recent statements regarding the 2nd amendment and Hillary have sparked outrage from those that perceive his comments as a veiled threat to Hillary, and has also been dismissed as nothing more than a joke...which is often used excuse when Trump says things that people can easily interpret as being out-of-line.

I think the following video from Trevor Noah perfectly explains why Trump's run for the presidency is, in fact, a joke, and that he is playing the role of stand-up comedian, and not so much the role of a man that is ready to become president.

edit on 11-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
yeah, he's turned into a joke, an entertainer for right-wing mouth-breathers

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I agree. The problem is, as Noah explains, is that there is a time and place for jokes. Trump's campaign has had to use the excuse of his statements being a joke many times.

A presidential candidate's words cannot be simply dismissed as a joke, because their words hold much more weight. They can affect how people act on those words.

It, at least, shows how Trump's statements can be dangerous when he holds such a large captive audience...that are not there to hear his jokes.
edit on 11-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Got a PM saying this thread had "free cake"...
Boy that's a let down.

Honest question OP.
If Trump is a comedian.
What does that make Hillary?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Got a PM saying this thread had "free cake"...
Boy that's a let down.

Honest question OP.
If Trump is a comedian.
What does that make Hillary?

The "Hillary deflection" already? Not surprised.

Can you discuss the video and OP, or are we going to deflect this early in to the thread?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
this would be a juxtaposition to show a man's quals for POTUS werent enough, only if Trevor Noah himself was a comedian.

Noah's a joke, not a funny one.

if ony people would discuss actual politics with Trump intsead of tabloid roids, maybe trump would begin to make sense.
every trump interview is set up like a confessional booth from real world mtv, of course he sounds like an ignoramus.

the man has ideas, unfortunately, he only has a bunch of fanboys[ a lot n ats] and yes men and people looking to increase their sachet by associating themselves with the Billionaire.

even trump's camp didnt expect this to come this far, thats why it looks like a farce that it does today.
but this goes way back to my initial suspicion of trump being just a ploy or scape goat for the Republican party for unification and eventual demise of the left.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Wouldn't it be reasonable to say that Trump creates that "tabloid"-like attention himself and has yet to make any real sense on the issues we face in this country?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It frustrates me when this happen, and I can't find any other copy....

Anyway, based on your comments in the OP and from what I have seen and heard for myself, I think he is more of a joke than a comedian. I do enjoy it when he says outlandish things which are then amplified around the world, taking all the social media comments with it in it's wake.

Seriously - 1 Donald tweet keeping the entire media circus running like clockwork.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
President Regan was an actor, why can't Trump be a comedian. While agree that is has said some pretty stupid stuff, but what's to say one of the other 43 presidents we had didn't say some pretty outlandish stuff at some point. At the end of the day, each party has good things and bad things, people will always be people and S&^* will always still stinks.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think we can agree.

Sorry you cannot view the video.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, Trump is indeed funnier than Trevor Noah..

When November is over, we will see who the real Trump is, so far, he is a master at trolling.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OzManHero
President Regan was an actor, why can't Trump be a comedian. While agree that is has said some pretty stupid stuff, but what's to say one of the other 43 presidents we had didn't say some pretty outlandish stuff at some point. At the end of the day, each party has good things and bad things, people will always be people and S&^* will always still stinks.

As much as I disagree with what Reagan did and stood for, he was a statesmen compared to Trump. He had a respect for the institution of government that Trump simply does not.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I would disagree. Right wingers actually don't like trump.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I realized it was a joke...

The bigger joke to me is that while Trump would say this as a joke, Hillary wouldn't say it at all. She'd just have somebody actually do it.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

In response to your thread title, Everybody was "something" before they became President. Even stand-up comedians can be President, in America the great!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can't view the video because you live in another country? If so, there are add-on's to get around that.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You should charge him rent for all the space he occupies in your head.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
He is funny. I've only seen a small sliver of his "stand up material", but seeing him telling the PC protestors to go home to mommy was hilarious!
edit on 11-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

it would be safe to say that at this juncture.
trump from the start had radical ideas, unfortunately since the debate season, trump was working with what he had and what he always known, radical approach for solutions. that doesn't fit the politician and PC narrative.

-look, what I see here, especially on ats, is that no one wants to query the candidate they are voting for. in my opinion it should be the opposite. we should be over inquisitive about the candidate voting for. what I see is people just jumping on a bandwagon without any ideas of politics.
Im voting trump, that is why I'm an avid critic of trump. that's the way it shoulsd be, people should be questioning their candidate of choice and be certain its the right lvote.

---
what I want to say is getting lost in translation or beyond the scope of this thread. but if trump had the right influences, he would think before he spoke.
he's still in tv-real restate mogul mode.

Regan 'acted' presidential the minute he wanted to switch careers. not the same can be said for Trump.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Watching this reminds me that I miss Jon Stewart.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join