It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain’s 1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.trunews.com...

U.S. Senator John McCain recorded a Tokyo Rose-style propaganda message that was broadcast on North Vietnamese radio in 1969.

TRUNEWS, a nonprofit Christian digital news app, obtained the bombshell audio recording and released it today on the organization’s daily newscast hosted by Rick Wiles. TRUNEWS acquired the audio recording in cooperation with WeSearchR.com, a new media company founded by Charles Johnson.

The 1969 North Vietnamese radio broadcast has never been heard in the United States of America. In fact, there has never been any knowledge that such a recording existed. The audio recording was found in a misplaced file in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. The broadcast was recorded by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, a branch of the CIA that monitored international shortwave and foreign radio broadcasts.

Transcript:

To the Vietnamese people and the government of the DRVN:

From John Sidney McCain, 624787, Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, born 29 August, 1936, Panama, home state Oregon. Shot down 26 October, 1967, A-4E aircraft.

I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people. I bombed their cities, towns and villages and caused many injuries, even deaths, for the people of Vietnam.

I was captured in the capital city of Hanoi, while attacking it. After I was captured, I was taken to the hospital in Hanoi, where I received very good medical treatment. I was given an operation on my leg, which allowed me to walk again, and a cast on my right arm, which was badly broken in three places.

The doctors were very good and they knew a great deal about the practice of medicine. I remained in the hospital for some time and regained much of my health and strength. Since I arrived in the camp of detention, I received humane and lenient treatment.

I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.

www.trunews.com...

Wow, John McCain has just been proven a traitor to his country by making a propaganda video for an enemy we were at war with. Fellow POWs have long said that McCain was no hero and called him "Songbird" because he would give up US info for special treatment while his fellow POWs would be tortured.

This miserable man has made a career on misrepresenting his capture and detainment in North Vietnam. I for one think he is a disgrace to his country.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

He's definitely a Neocon scumbag, but how do we know this wasn't recorded under duress?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Seriously? You think he said this out of his own free will? You think he wasn't handed this script and forced to read it or face more torture? Then you must think the Captain of the Pueblo is also a traitor because he also "confessed." When POWs "confess" no one takes them seriously. And you shouldn't either. It's asinine for you to do so.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Learn some History...

He was the only one smart enough to remember 250 names.

He made it a song.

He was ordered to write that letter so they would know who's alive.

He was in the infamous Hanoi Hilton. He acted heroically.

I don't care for him...But, he went through Hell in Vietnam.

edit on 11-8-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

He did read it of his own free will. It was definitely scripted and handed to him. The true hero POWs were the ones being mistreated and tortured for refusing to recite that Communist propaganda.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I cant stand the man but i cant imagine what he went throught during the war, mad props for staying alive

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Seriously? You think he said this out of his own free will? You think he wasn't handed this script and forced to read it or face more torture? Then you must think the Captain of the Pueblo is also a traitor because he also "confessed." When POWs "confess" no one takes them seriously. And you shouldn't either. It's asinine for you to do so.

I totally agree with you. 100%

He is absolutely NOT a traitor! I can't imagine what he went through. To this day, that is why he is AGAINST torture, and I fully respect him for his service and his efforts to not only survive, but bring intelligence back.

And as WhyamIhere pointed out - "he was ordered to write that letter so they would know who's alive."

I didn't vote for him, but I know when to give respect when respect is due.

- AB

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: schuyler

He did read it of his own free will. It was definitely scripted and handed to him. The true hero POWs were the ones being mistreated and tortured for refusing to recite that Communist propaganda.

I don't think anyone who has never been through it even has the right to criticize. The man still can't lift his arms above his shoulder because of the torture inflicted upon him. Your judgment on the matter is not credible.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He was a traitor when he got back not when a POW. He was recently trying to reduce the meager pensions of Veterans and even attempting ditch the whole thing for a 401K style program while he himself gets a fat pension being a senator.

Only a small percentage of Veterans even earn the pension, think it's 17% since it's 20 years of service or nothing. Being a senator or congressman only have to serve one term.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

What a horrible thing to think. He was forced to read it. Next you will say you like the ones that weren't captured better.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You would think a guy that experienced the hell of war in Vietnam wouldn't be such a Neocon. He supported the Iraq war. He wanted to "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran," and he supported and hugged a Syrian (terrorist) rebel. The same group of rebels that cut the heart out of a fallen government soldier and bit into it!!

You would think since he went through one of the worst wars in American history he would have learned a lesson. It's not worth losing thousands of lives getting involved in overseas conflicts.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Also agree.

POWs were given a pass on such propaganda, as Americans were well aware of the mistreatment and suffering and forced readings they went through at the Hanoi Hilton. Years of it.

Were there rumors about McCain's flying bravado back then? Yes, but not much was made of it during war time.

The torture was horrible. I personally knew one airman captured for just a few days in South VietNam, until American forces could overrun where he and others were held. A few days, and it was not good. McCain spent years in hell.

Yes. Respect is due.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

With all due respect, McCain is a politician (who isn't one once they get to the capital?). He is trying to hold onto an office he probably should leave, but he is just following his party's line that retirements in general need to be privatized (and voluntary in the eyes of some GOP leaders!). His party also believes that the VA should be privatized, which is a gift to Big Pharma. But John McCain is also there to hold the line on issues of torture. Unlike some in his party, he understands why torture should not be permitted.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Got flamed about a month ago here for pointing out Trump was right saying Mccain was "No war hero".
Seems once again DJ Trump was right.
edit on 11-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
One other McCain fact.

He wasn't shot down. He made a few passes over Hanoi.

He fired his rockets and they were not packed in the tubes right.

He shot himself out of the sky over the City he was bombing.

He broke both arms and a leg plus everything you can think of.

He is a man due the respect of the Nation.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You deserve it. DJ Trump. What a joke - worst he has ever had to endure is a public restroom.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Takes a big hero to sit in an air-conditioned cockpit and bomb mud huts at Mach 1. Anyway, he made more than one recording, this is telling

edit on 11-8-2016 by intrptr because: Youtube

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

For some, the lesson of that war was that we should never engage like that again; for others, the lesson was that we should have "won", that we did not do enough. McCain comes from a line of military men. Some who taste the blood of war are against it; some, like McCain, war is in their blood. I respect McCain, but I believe he lacks good judgement. The question of war is what we the people must discuss; we elect people to represent us and give them the power over our military, so it is important to let them know what we want. It's an important discussion.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This gives more credence to the POWs that said McCain was singing from the first day he entered the Hanoi Hilton. Those Communist propaganda tapes and interviews he gave demoralized our troops fighting on the ground.

For the last 50 years he has been the sole stumbling block to getting POW records declassified. POWs can't even get their debriefing records because of him. I suspect there are many terrible things he did for the Communists that he is terrified would get out.

new topics

top topics

join