It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Raleigh man likened to Trayvon Martin case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.wral.com...

RALEIGH, N.C. — Calling a white Raleigh homeowner who killed a black man outside his home over the weekend "George Zimmerman 2.0," a lawyer for the dead man's family said Thursday that the case is strikingly similar to the 2012 death of Trayvon Martin aside from the fact that there was no face-to-face confrontation in this case. 10 Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, 20, was killed outside 3536 Single Leaf Lane early Sunday. Homeowner Chad Cameron Copley, 39, has been charged with first-degree murder in the case and remains in the Wake County jail without bond. "Something has to change," attorney Justin Bamberg said at a news conference outside Thomas' home. "We have a problem in society, and that problem is people not understanding and appreciating the value of a human life." Copley called 911 shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday to complain about armed "hoodlums" racing and vandalizing his neighborhood and telling police he was ready to take action. "I'm locked and loaded, and I'm going to secure the neighborhood," he told a dispatcher. Investigators said Copley fired a shotgun through a window from inside his garage, striking Thomas, who was outside. Read more at www.wral.com...

Here we go again with the media hype and spin. This is the case of an idiot who did the wrong thing and killed a kid. He has been arrested and faces first degree murder charges. I don't understand why there is any other outrage other than the incident itself. The media is trying like hell to blow this up into some racial divide.

A kid was being a kid (possibly a bad one) hanging with his friends and making noise outside this mans home. They were in the yard apparently, which while it's trespassing, it's not something you should be shot over, perhaps yelled at. But either way, the homeowner decided to be an asshole and shoot a shotgun in the direction of the noise. I won't go into the gun safety part of this as it's stupid to even have to say it.

So look forward to Al Sharpton and his buddy Jessie Jackson coming to Raleigh soon. We have a crisis in the making.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just read this and it sounds like the guy who shot him was a few McNuggets short of a Happy Meal. If you are shooting people on the street from your garage (a warning shot no less) you are not, in my opinion, in any type of danger. I do not think any state's castle law applies to shooting people that are not on your property.

I will stand corrected if it turns out these circumstances were otherwise.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

this guy will go to jail over this, and rightfully so. But it's like the media is looking for some SJW platform and if none can be found, they will manufacture one. (which I suppose is the whole SJW thing in a nutshell)

ETA: and warning shots, while still a stupid idea, are fired up, not towards the possible target, otherwise it's just a shot.

edit on 11-8-2016 by network dude because: added thought

edit on 11-8-2016 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I haven't received ANY orders to start a combat patrol...I DOUBT HE did either so ...I'd say he's another fruit loop.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

he was part of his own neighborhood watch group. A group of one.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

"hoodlums" comment and later telling a 911 dispatcher there were "black males with firearms outside my freaking house."

the third call trying to justify the murder.
black guy , probable gun... kill.
even though

Thomas was unarmed, Bamberg said, and there was no evidence that anyone else outside – a number of people were at a house party in the neighborhood – had a weapon.

race was absolutely not a factor in the murder... in the mind of some....

edit on 11-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Calling a white Raleigh homeowner who killed a black man outside his home over the weekend "George Zimmerman 2.0," a lawyer for the dead man's family said Thursday that the case is strikingly similar to the 2012 death of Trayvon Martin aside from the fact that there was no face-to-face confrontation in this case

So how exactly is it like the Trayvon case?

-The shooter in the Trayvon case was Hispanic, not white.
-The shooter was defending himself from being beaten

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow ... just wow. You follow the directions of Vice President Biden and wind up charged with first degree murder.

Then, on top of that, the liberal media prints your full street address so the thugs know exactly where to go to harass your family members.

/sarc

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

A black kid was killed by a non black person, therefore, more of an important death than all the other deaths.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

A black kid was killed by a non black person, therefore, more of an important death than all the other deaths.

And race MUST be the issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

And race MUST be the issue.

Obviously, otherwise, it's not really news right?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just read this and it sounds like the guy who shot him was a few McNuggets short of a Happy Meal. If you are shooting people on the street from your garage (a warning shot no less) you are not, in my opinion, in any type of danger. I do not think any state's castle law applies to shooting people that are not on your property.

I will stand corrected if it turns out these circumstances were otherwise.

I'm from NC, not far from Raleigh actually. I've know instances of the Castle Doctrine being used successfully in NC, one in my hometown even. IMO this guy will serve time. If the information is being reported accurately, your assessment of his idiocy is accurate IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
[
I'm from NC, not far from Raleigh actually. I've know instances of the Castle Doctrine being used successfully in NC, one in my hometown even. IMO this guy will serve time.

Agreed. The castle law does not apply to flat blasting people on a public roadway.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You cannot leave the premises of your home to hunt people.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
You cannot leave the premises of your home to hunt people.

Shhh!!! Don't tell that to DBCowboy.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

this guy will go to jail over this, and rightfully so. But it's like the media is looking for some SJW platform and if none can be found, they will manufacture one. (which I suppose is the whole SJW thing in a nutshell)

ETA: and warning shots, while still a stupid idea, are fired up, not towards the possible target, otherwise it's just a shot.
Frankly If I had a shotgun and I needed to fire a warning shot I would use a blank. A few years ago on the 4th of July in the community I grew up in a little boy was killed by a falling bullet while standing next to his father, what goes up must come down.
edit on 11-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Frankly If I had a gun and I needed to fire a warning shot I would use a blank. A few years ago on the 4th of July in the community I grew up in a little boy was killed by a falling bullet while standing next to his father, what goes up must come down.

I am not aware of a 'warning shot' requirement for any state's castle law, I think the dingdong made that up.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just like travon?

Was he kicked out of school for theft?
Did he have two of the three ingredients needed to make his drug of choice?
Was he killed by a "white" Mexican?

No, he was just a nutter

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow what a POS. Who calls 911 and THEN goes and kills a young man after advertisement without any confrontation? And shooting a shotgun through a garage window? That is a special kind of puss right there. This aint no damn movie or video game.

His 911 call will seal his fate. 1st degree meditated all day long.
edit on 11-8-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Like Trayvon case?

So the person shot was actually the violent criminal instigator and the shooter was the victim of a potentially deadly felony assault?

So the victim/shooter was completely justified in defending themself and this victim was also found to be completely not racist after being investigated by dozens of FBI angents and hundreds of thiusands of tax money wasted in a two year investigation desperately seeking even a shred of racism?
edit on 11-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join