It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We have a calling from beyond the stars"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
didn't know what topic to put this one in!!!!

Do his speech writers just like to mess with peoples heads?

FROM BEYOND THE STARS

Are you guys serious.

This man is not bringing democracy to the world.

He is destroying it from the inside.

Democracy = corporatism

freedom = slavery

war = peace

We are truly screwed

Read your history

“As President of the United States, I can thank God at this moment that he has so wonderfully blessed us in our hard struggle for what is our right, and beg Him that we and all other nations may find the right way, so that not only the American people but all the World may once more be granted the blessing of peace. “

“The United Nations is not living but already a dead thing, nevertheless the peoples concerned are not dead but alive and they will uphold their vital interests, however incapable the United Nations may be of seeing, grasping, or respecting those interests”

“When I look upon the work of the past four years my first feeling is of gratitude to the Almighty who made it possible, and who has blessed our work and enabled us to pass through all obstacles”

“[that] America will never sign a treaty which is in any way incompatible with the honor of the nation and of the Government which represents it, or which otherwise is incompatible with Americas vital interests”

For the proper text of these speeches replace US with Germany and United Nations with League of Nations and tell me this is not the same rhetoric.

Goebbles would have been so proud.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I thought it was creepy.

Their use of language is hilarious, stuff about freedom from the bloke who just invaded a country killing thousands in the process for no good reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What speech are you referring to? I remember him saying this exact thing at the last State of the Union.

Or is this something he said more recently?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's recent. Last night I think. I thought it was creepy too, and the tone he delivered it in was quite... errr... catatonic.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
He's beginning to sound like Regan. When are we going to have the Bush speech speaking of a threat from outside of this world?

I do have a correction.
The speech I was referring to was at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Here is an exerpt from the second to the last paragraph:

By encouraging liberty at home, we will build a more hopeful America. Like generations before us, we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom. This is the everlasting dream of America -- and tonight, in this place, that dream is

renewed.

Read the full speech here:

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Listening to Bush during the Inauguration is like listening to a monotone recording. Sounds like Bush is going for a total all-out War in the Middle-east...

new topics

top topics

join