It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning behind your avatar...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Your a beautiful person inside and out!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is Yoda pre-caffeine. It just sort of looked like I feel sometimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You look great but I miss Walken!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Mine again ties back to my old forum - Back then, I had a crop circle as my avatar (the one with several circles forming a spiral). Well, when I joined here, I didn't want to give away who I was before, so seeing as I created a new name, a new avatar had to follow.

For the longest time, I made a trilobite one, and when that image vanished, enter in the new incarnation (made with GIMP).

-foss

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Mine doesn't really have a meaning. I've just always been attracted to the look of the double helix. Even had a model of it some years ago, that got lost in transit over the years.

I guess it's just aesthetically pleasing to my eye

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm a real lizard.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

"Your" suggests possession.

For example: Your jacket. Your tree. Your bear. Your mom.

"You're" = You are. Always. So, you're beautiful = you are beautiful.

And "you're jacket" would equal "you are jacket" and that doesn't make sense, does it?

So just sayin. I noticed you get them confused, so next time when you're wondering which is is the right one to use, just break it down like that. Like for example in my own sentence instead of "you're wondering," you can read it this way instead: "you are wondering." And both ways make sense.

I'm no grammar nazi but I just noticed this and thought to give a helping hand this one time.

As for my profile pic, it's my face as you already know. No big deal there.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
There are old threads about this subject, I see many new cool avatars on ATS.
What is the story behind your avatar. Thank you TEOTWAWKIAIFF for this thread.

My avatar is me reading a script back and fourth with a actor practicing. I know it is boring but at the moment is was funny because we were talking in strange voices and telling really bad made up jokes!

How about your avatar?

Usually, I go the same route as you and have a picture of myself up there. I think it's because I reached that point in life where I'm like "Eff it, EVERTHING is a social media site now" and just slap up a picture for authenticity. True anonymity is a hopeless quest, anyway. Besides, if something happened to me, there would be more clues to go on, right? Safety in plain site, I suppose.

The one I have now is a priestess with the symbol of Shamash behind her. I liked it because it's similar to the symbol for Inanna (Ishtar), it's in the same pantheon, and I rarely see it. She's actually suppose to be Astarte (it's an old silent film) but it doesn't really match the symbolism so... I have no clue why they chose it.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You are beautiful. Not your beautiful. I need to check this iPad for errors. When I type you are it spells your. Makes me mad. I love you for helping me! Thank you kind girl.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You are awesome so It does not matter. My iPad spelled you are a your lol

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I had Mr. T for a while (that´s why on old threads some called me "Mr. T")
The current one is just showing off the toys

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I like your toys!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

technically they are not mine but let´s pretend for a moment because I´m responsible for the buggers.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Have yet to do a full intro for all of ATS and still a bit of a lurker enjoying the articles and debates, but figure this is a good way to slowly begin getting into things.

Mines of course a showing of my Fanboy side for life and love of sci-fi. Which isn't obvious or anything, and I'm unafraid to stand up and fight for what's right and will be that way until the day I die.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CodeID10T

Welcome and I love sci-fi! 👍

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

My avatar is my Vulcan character in the game Star Trek Online.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom traveller

Very cool!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A blank canvas;the infinite potential of nothingness…That or indecision on my part. I’m unsure of which?!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That is a hard one to explain, mine kind of came to me in a semi meditive state and I have known the symbol for many years since then, way back in the very early 90's.

It was not exactly as I have done it, there was no earth inside the symbol and one side was gold not yellow while the other was blue against a black background, it was one of many symbol's that seemed to flash through my mind and this one seemed to elicit a reaction and it mean's Star Fleet, has nothing to do with Star Trek or any sci fi show that I know of and it is really heiroglyph type symbol.

I watched (in my mind with my eye's shut) as stream's of symbols seemed to fly past scrolling in an infinite wall of symbol's that had depth as well as height and width as my un-comprehending imagination simply observed but paid little head to them in that state of almost trance, some of the symbol's seemed animated, some moving in and out, other's changing shape and other's rotating though most were simply letter or number type symbols, probably phonetic but I paid no attention despite them seeming familiar yet without meaning to me but this one in particular seemed to leap out and I became fixated on it for some reason.

As it rotated in my mind I saw two meaning's for it, the gold symbolized the Sun or the solar system so coming home and the Blue symbolized Space or away from the Sun or solar system so leaving, the way the inner stylized Capsule cut out shape leaned from bottom to top as the symbol rotated in my mind had a meaning as did the colour of each side, the angle was changeable from left to right, if the capsule shape leaned toward the Gold side than at basic out of context of the rest of whatever message the symbol was used in then this simply meant coming home or back to earth or where ever was home in reference to this symbol and leaning away from the gold and toward the blue meant going away from earth or where ever was home to this symbol into space so the one symbol could be configured differently were the colour had meaning when taken into context with the direction of the lean, the cut out in the symbol itself though it is split into two halve's and separated to presumably seperate the colour's is a kind of reduced down image of a space capsule type object though out of context it just look's like a broken arch with a stepped base.

Now I was pretty weird at the time which given that I am pretty weird now probably mean's I was Bat @£$! crazy and am now just slighty nutty but you get were I get my home made Avatar from.

Just put the earth into it for effect as it make's the image more interesting than a play two colour symbol.

But this was just one sybmol out of thousand's in what if I could have remembered them would constitute an incredibly vast number of symbols that would make up a (Definitely not egyptian) heiroglyphic type mixed alphabet, think of how our language grow's and ages', what today are emoticon's may in the future replace word's entirely as a form of accepted short hand and eventually become then incorporated into the language as such, the non verbal language would then become increasingly complicated with symbol's for many expression's used as shorthand would increase in number's over time as would also the number of ways' they could be adapted and referenced with various meaning's in a given symbol based system of communication were phonetic symbology eventually took second place to heiroglyphic and mixed heiroglyphic and phonetic messages which would become common place.

At it's basic Phonetic language is the most simple and streight forward however it takes time and multiple symbol's to express an emotion and so we have started down the lazy and eventually more complicated road of abbreviating to symbol's in the form of Emoticon's.

edit on 12-8-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Good afternoon dear Quantum!

My current avatar is Lord Shen, the villain in Kung Fu Panda 2. I chose it because he rocks, he's mad, and he's determined to control the world... Yet he has manners. Just like me!

Would you like sugar in that cup of tea?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join