It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information and History on Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am young and new to politics so I don't know too much about these two candidates. I know many hate Hillary Clinton but the reasons are a little unclear to me so I would appreciate if you guys could elaborate. Donald Trump does seem unqualified for the presidency to me but if you want to give information that suggests otherwise please do.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'll do my best, but these are big questions with long, long histories.

Hillary Clinton's been on the national political scene for decades, and she's been fairly involved: First Lady, Senator from New York, Secretary of State. This is in addition to her involvement with the Clinton Foundation, which her husband founded when he left the White House.

Hillary's tenure as Secretary of State is the source of most of the contention. Her involvement in the ongoing wars across the Middle East in particular. Some people allege that she worked with Obama to provide arms for various factions that have now turned against us. Others say that her State Department worked to uphold various despotic regimes around the world. This is before we get into the issue of her private email server. She has been accused of mishandling classified information, though the DOJ has declined to press charges. Otherwise, her politics are pretty solidly an extension of the DNC's party line.

Trump is even more complicated. He has no political background and has never held elected office. His business past his troubled, but politically he was pretty consistently left-leaning before he decided to run for the GOP ticket. Now he's all over the place, changing his positions to suit the audience in front of him. That having been said, his campaign has connected with a lot of working people via its promises of internal economic development, trade deal that would keep jobs at home, universal health care, and a few other things. Will he pursue that as president? We don't know yet.

This is a very rough starting point, but I hope it gives you a way to continue your own research. I'm glad you're taking the time to be an informed voter.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They're both awful human beings that have never once in their lives thought beyond their own noses.

Vote third party.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Your best bet is to do your own research through legitimate online resources, apply critical thinking, and come to your very own conclusions. Asking on here will eventually lead to biased opinions from both sides of the aisle in attempt to sway your young mind in favor of their liking.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

I agree with what imthegoat said, people on boards can only give their opinions on these matters.

With that said, here is my bias: research Jill StineLink and Gary JohnsonLink instead.

Also, On the Issue.org is a good place to start your research.

Also, don't get mad at people, just their idea's. Trump has stupid ideas, that get dumber by the day. Clinton has global ideas that are about the grand capitalist agenda, selling us our liberal media PC-frappuccino enemas. Both are bad.

Think for yourself.

edit on 11-8-2016 by hubrisinxs because: he was not clear

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: missred

The readers digest version is this:

Hillary is a well known Democrat, for this reason the Republicans dislike her. In her time in public she has had scandal after scandal thrown at her. Some of these have been much ado about nothing while others have had some substance to them. There is literally a long body trail behind her, and everything she touches seems to turn to s#.

Trump is currently a Republican, but has a very liberal history. For this reason the Democrats dislike him, and the conservative wing of the Republicans dislike him. He doesn't really have a public service record to attack, but his campaign has had him all over the place. He says the most outrageous things, and his policies are downright scary/crazy like wanting to deport specific ethnicities and religions, and cut taxes while doubling our spending.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: missred
I know many hate Hillary Clinton but the reasons are a little unclear to me so I would appreciate if you guys could elaborate. Donald Trump does seem unqualified for the presidency to me but if you want to give information that suggests otherwise please do.

PLEASE do your own research.

DO NOT accept other's opinions.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: missred
I am young and new to politics so I don't know too much about these two candidates. I know many hate Hillary Clinton but the reasons are a little unclear to me so I would appreciate if you guys could elaborate. Donald Trump does seem unqualified for the presidency to me but if you want to give information that suggests otherwise please do.

Here is something on hillary.

Here is something on Trump

Enjoy.

edit on 8 13 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join