It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Societies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by me again
I would think that a secret organization would not necessarily take volunteers, but rather, the organization would recruit those who can help to accomplish the mission. An overzealious volunteer may not have anything to offer the organization.

Me Again,

You've hit upon a VERY interesting point. (One I wish Anti-Masons would read and take to heart) Particularly since Masons do not solicit membership. (Ever see those "2B1 Ask1" bumper-stickers)?

Thanks for that post!

Regards

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

It would be hard to compare the Order of the Arrow (BSA's National Honor Society) with the other so called "secret groups" because contrary to what you might think, ANY (and I stress this word) concerned individual (defined as a parent, guardian, scoutmaster, ect) may request and after agreeing to keep silent about what they witness, MUST be granted access to all OA activities, up to and including the so called super secret Ordeal. It is a bylaw of the Order of the Arrow, and can not be violated.

BTW, there is a strict rule about hazing and degrading the candidates. IT IS NOT PERMITTED! There is a strict ceremony that all Lodges must follow, so that one induction ceremony in say New York would be no different from another in Louisiana, or California. The only difference is the location, and the type of clothing (Each Lodge takes it's cues in costumes from the local Indian tribes in its area).

Also, the OA does not select it's members. If a scout has reached the age of 13, achieved the First Class rank, and has 15 days of camp experience (one camping trip must be six days and five nights) with his troop within the prior two years, then he may be elected by his fellow scouts to OA as a candidate for membership. The only person who can disqualify the scout for membership is the scout himself.

And the first duty of every OA member is that of service to his troop, not the OA Lodge.

So in fact, the OA is not a "Secret Society". Go to it's website www.oa-bsa.org... if you really want to know what the OA is all about.

cchoat

OA Member since 1980

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join