It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump: Stupid, Crazy, Compulsive Liar or All of the Above?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
a reply to: TheBulk

Why don't we just get back on topic. The housing by bubble is not it. Banking is not it.
Donald is crazy , etc....that's it's.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:24 PM

Aw little fella. You still believe he has a chance.
Some really bad info about Hillary may open that path again. Barring that he's finished.
He's losing in traditionally red states at a critical juncture.
I don't see how he recovers.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:29 PM
a reply to: Sillyolme

All bad info is ALL she has and YOU don't know, yet, enough to guess
edit on 11-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:30 PM
a reply to: desert

It may have been when he was talking to a room full of evangelical preachers. In Florida.
He was very subdued as he told them he was having trouble in Utah and asking if anyone could help him out.
So all religions are equally foreign to him. He thinks evangelicals are Mormons or Mormons are evangelicals. Who knows what the hell he's thinking.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:34 PM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You think you know something I don't is that it?

Hang on to that.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
a reply to: Kali74

It's jaw dropping, hilarious and sad all at the same time. I swear he could whip it out and whiz all over the front row and then say "How 'bout that rain huh folks?" "You know before Obama rain wasn't yellow, something's going on folks. A lot of really smart people tell me that rain wasn't yellow before 2008." ... and folks would just cheer.

That would make an excellent SNL skit except it's also depressing!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:17 PM

You've not made a single anti-Hillary thread or any threads calling out her lies and stupidity, suggesting you're fine with these things as long as it's under the (D) umbrella.

Care to point out all the "anti-Trump" threads you've authored? How about you take a look at the front page of ATS right now, open each pro-Trump or anti-Hillary thread and then check to see how many anti-Trump threads the people who've authored any of those threads have made?

I don't even have to look because I already know the answer is 0.

Do you know how I know this? Because this asinine crap that you and the other pro-Trump/anti-Hillary crowd have taken to posting about some made-up obligation to offset criticism of one candidate with criticism of the other is completely irrational garbage that just became a "thing" in the last few months on ATS.

Is it mass hysteria? Are you lot suffering from the ill effects of hearing far too much of Trump whining about how he's "mistreated" by anyone and everyone who criticizes him?

Is it some sort of new fangled trolling? Are you trying to confuse people? Are you expecting that if you just keep repeating this ludicrous nonsense that eventually anti-Trump folks will be persuaded into believing that they owe you an anti-Hillary thread to be "fair" everytime they post something critical of Trump?

Pfffft. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen if I were you.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:18 PM
a reply to: Sillyolme

I really can't tell if you EVEN know what "national security" MEANS much less attempt to GUESS at the twisted cobwebs you call a brain.
Deluded people are like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:20 PM

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Kali74

Lol. So then tomorrow on CNN Corey Lewandowski will be telling everyone about how Obama turned our water yellow. Meanwhile, on Fox News they'll be loudly asking leading questions about how Obama has poisoned our water supply with yellow dye.

"The War on Rain!"

"Is the EPA behind Sharia Rain?"

"The Republican House demands Obama DOJ launch investigation into Yellow Rain"

"GMU Economists Confirm Yellow Rain Caused by Regulations"
edit on 2016-8-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM

originally posted by: RobotBomb
a reply to: theantediluvian
I'm not a Trump supporter.

Just suspicious of anyone who criticizes Trump but gives Hillary a pass over the same if not worse things.

I've made absolutely no secret of the fact that I am voting for Clinton over Trump. It has very little to do with giving Hillary a pass and far more to do with the fact that I think Trump is worse. What was it that Trump said in this very speech?

Fox News - Trump, Clinton spar over economic plans in dueling speeches

“And I will say this, and I say this to you very strongly, if short-circuit Hillary Clinton ever gets elected, it's only going to be worse. It is going to get worse. It's going to be four more years of Obama but it will be worse because she's mandated to go to the left, because 45 percent of Bernie's people -- they want her to head in that direction,” he said.

Strangely, Trump seems to be signaling those Bernie supporters that never boarded the Trump train to nowhere that they should throw their support to Clinton telling them exactly what many of us on the Left are hoping — that the Sanders campaign demonstrated to Hillary and the Democratic establishment that if the Democrats want our support, they're going to have to be a lot less neoliberal and a lot more liberal progressive.

In other words, Clinton will adjust her positions to align with the votes. She's also not insane. While she has been caught up in a number of lies and half-truths, she can still get through a full minute of speaking without lying if need be. She's also not trying to get elected through fear mongering.

Trump on the other hand lies about basically everything. I mean everything. He lies about small things, he lies about big things, he makes up stats, he makes up videos, he makes up lines in books, he makes up people that don't exist, he lies about absolutely anything and everything. So yeah, they both have issues with honesty but I'm not sure that Trump is even capable of telling the truth.

They have been moving in the same circles for years. They're both adept at political cronyism. The Clintons give access to the donor class and Trump is the donor class. Clinton's staffers taking an email from Doug Band about arranging a meeting between a Clinton friend/wealthy donor and an ambassador is supposed to be a huge story (even though no meeting even occurred, guess he didn't pay enough to play?) but Donald Trump straight up bribing the Florida State Attorney to drop the investigation into his fraudulent "university" isn't even something that gets mentioned let alone something people are demanding an investigation into? Whatever, in that column it's a wash for me.

Relating to Trump's inability to tell the truth at ANY time is his inability to censor his big mouth. There's some sort of compulsive disorder, possibly frontal lobe damage. The term "loose canon" doesn't even begin to adequately describe what a liability this bloviating self-absorbed moron is. Look how easily he falls into Twitter feuds and how he fawns over Putin simply because Putin says nice things about him.

That's not normal.

Snap out of it. Trump is more unstable than a box of sweaty dynamite.
edit on 2016-8-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:04 AM
"Habitual Liar" I think would be the operative condition of this mans obviously damaged mental condition.

Excellent thread, unfortunately those determined to vote for Drumpf(real family name) are beyond reason & logic.
Hopefully the info posted here will sway those who for some ungodly reason are "unsure' about Drumpf.???

Oh have you seen this?

BUSTED: Trump told 30 lies in two days during 2007 deposition about his ‘billionaire’ claims

It was in this deposition that Trump made his now-notorious pronouncement that he bases his net worth on his “feelings.”

“Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day. Then you have a September 11th, and you don’t feel so good about yourself and you don’t feel so good about the world and you don’t feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affect my value to myself.”

The fact that this carnival barker buffoon can become a presidential nominee in this country is a telling comment of the conservative right's success in their quest to return to a "simpler time when the rich white man reigned supreme".

Stress "simpler" as in simplistic understanding of the world around them.
Thanks to the gutting of public education by the "job creators" who need "workers" not educated employees who may have the knowledge & temerity to question their "station".

The far-right’s 50-year project to transform American values with a clandestine ‘counterrevolution’

Tula Connell is author of Conservative Counterrevolution: Challenging Liberalism in 1950s Milwaukee, published in April 2016 by the University of Illinois Press. Conservative Counterrevolution is a volume in the series, “The Working Class in American History”

An interesting read for those who have no real history of the struggle of labor in this country.
Too bad so many don't realize they're labor but operate under the false faith that they're just a billionaire in the making.
Joe The Plumber anyone?

edit on 12-8-2016 by aethertek because: words

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

DOJ misses a GREAT deal these days ...Gunrunning to Benghazi for ony.html

I have absolutely no problem believing that the administration knew about and possibly facilitated the arming of Syrian rebel groups. I also have no problem believing that they would lie about it.

Maybe I'm just disensitized but that's just run-of-the-mill US policy going back generations. What do you think was going on in the 80's?

We armed and trained rebels in Afghanistan to fight a proxy war with the Russians. Afghanistan was left in ruins, fertile ground for the rise of the Taliban who would then go on to host Al Qaeda. Thanks Reagan! How many people have even heard of Operation Cyclone?

How about the Contras in Nicaragua? How did the administration fund that illegal war? Oh yeah, selling weapons to Iran. Have we all forgotten Iran-Contra?

Further back? How about the Bay of Pigs? Or here's one for you: do you think that Dwight D. Eisenhower should have been put in prison? It was his administration and specifically brothers John Foster Dulles (Secretary of State) and Allen Dulles (CIA Director) who in the interest of the United Fruit Company launched Operation PBSUCCESS to overthrow the democratically elected President of Guatemala in 1954? You want to talk about "pay-for-play?"

The Dulles brothers worked for UFC's lawfirm, arranging deals for UFC prior to Eisenhower coming into office. Hell, Eisenhower's personal assistant was the freakin' wife of UFC's head of PR. Nowadays the Republicans — the same party that was at the helm when the United States government, via the CIA, executed a coup and installed a military regime that decimated Guatemala — fear monger that Guatemalan refugees, escaping a hellhole we helped create, are invading through the Southern border (and might secretly be terrorists pretending to be Guatemalans!).

What's another one? How about when Eisenhower, Dulles and the British all got together and carried out a coup in Iran in 1953?

Here's are a couple of relevant covert regime changes/attempted regime changes that are particularly relevant. Eisenhower and Dulles brothers were up to their 'ol shenanigans again in 1956, Operation Straggle (abandoned because of Israel's invasion of Egypt) and then Operation Wappen in 1957 which involved the old falsified intelligence report trick ("Russian migs!" that of course, were even less real than Iraq's VAST stores of WMDs since there wasn't even 1 mig) but failed. We've been meddling in Syria for generations.

In fact, right after the CIA was formed, their VERY FIRST covert regime change was the 1949 coup in Syria.

If Hillary is a "criminal" and a "murderer" and "should be behind" bars because of our ME foreign policy, then so are and so should every other Secretary of State, President, CIA Director, etc of the last 60-70 years along with their equivalents in the UK and many other countries. Would a Hillary Clinton administration be more of the same? Possibly? Probably? Would Donald Trump's administration be different? Different how? Different why?

Here. Digest this and tell me that Donald Trump who once described himself as "the most hawkish person!" is positive change.

Referencing to a meeting he had with Kissinger earlier this month, Trump quoted the foreign policy guru as saying: "Donald, I thought you were wrong in your approach. I thought it was too tough. But you know what? All of those countries are calling me, 'what do we do, what do we do, how can we make him happy?'"

But, according to Time, Kissinger has disputed Trump's comments through his spokesperson.

"On foreign policy, you identify many key problems," Kissinger said of Trump.

He added, "I do not generally agree with the solutions. One-shot outcomes are probably not possible."

Time reports former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has also lauded Kissinger for his support of her policies.

Meanwhile, capitalism is unraveling at the seams in the era of post-industrialization and globalism and none of these assholes have an actual plan to do a damn thing about the ever diminishing employment opportunities of blue collar workers who are finding themselves displaced into low paying service jobs or out of the labor force altogether as our middle class continues to shrink. Anyone who thinks that "better trade deals" are going to roll back decades of technological advance and capitalism doing what capitalism does best, are wholly delusional.
edit on 2016-8-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:56 AM

I can sum it up quickly:

Trump - Almost the last person I would vote for to be President BUT they ARE running the very last person I would vote to be president with Hillary.... So, no choice. Really, this time more than ever when they say "voting for the lesser of 2 evils" it REALLY applies.

Hell, even the Libertarian candidate is NOT a Libertarian!
edit on 12-8-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:03 AM
a reply to: infolurker

Well then we're in the same position and we've just come to different conclusions about who is the greater evil.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:59 AM
Yes he is. But here is the kicker he is not more then the other candidates, in fact he may come out on top on a lot of things when compared to some.

A sad state of things indeed. Personally I think we should postpone this whole election thing, find a few more qualified people I think out of the millions we can come up with a few thousand and narrow it down to a 100 in a year or so, and from there? Ha as if politics or voting was about who is better. That's just silly.

Or how about this it would be better yet get rid of it this whole political system and anybody making money off it, its a waste of time, money and energy, you know let them all find other jobs, as things stand we may be in the golden age of America, so you all can afford to have these people both trumps or Clinton or any other play these games, and it seems everybody comes to capital hill to turn that small million into a cool billion, its called capital hill for a reason people.

Sounds like something Trump would say no, no doubt his people are plagiarizing many a thing. But!..Who isnt, wonder how much Hilary pays her writers and PR people?

But in all seriousness once this golden age comes to a close, and winds down, expect a free fall, and fast, but hey do not blame these people they are merely your representatives and they represent the people to a T. Cognitive dissonance is a norm not an abnorm.

It's funny I know, I think Trump only wants to be president so he can get rid of ISIL and stand a change in competition of building overpriced Trump hotels in Lybia and other such places, you see he cant compete with them now that they are billionaires and and the up and up, and all of that is thanks to who? Its funny no that over 70 years of trying to get rid of them has only made them more powerful, you all would probably could not do a better job in making them and that ideology more powerful if you actually tried.

In fact! What has been going on for these past 70 or so years?

And as for Hilary? Well to every thing a politician says and does and to every question about the Clinton's, and everybody else really, well the answer would be...Follow the money. There is nothing more to it because there is nothing more to them. And if there is nothing more to it then, to every civilization that has happened it has fallen, so its bound to happen.

In my short meanderings into this thing, politicking you see. I would say trump is a bit better then the competition, but in some instances that like being better then pond scum so it aint saying much, but its saying something. That something is however not much.

Besides whoever wins, funny that no? Wins? Like its some sort of competition instead of an act, a play. But anyways whoever wins be it either Hilary or Trump, the same things will ensue. And whats the first thing that will happen no matter who is in power...Drum roll, please. likely we will invade Iran for whatever reason. And from there, well just watch the whole promises thing drop off like flies.

I suppose it may be an interesting few years, or not, more likely same ol same ol. And there in may lie the problems.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:57 AM

originally posted by: ketsuko
Are you also going to post the mirror thread where you take out his name and put Clinton's in there. She also deserves one.

Wonder how many poor bits and bytes have died during this election for this type of Pavlovian drivel....

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM

Here's the still from the video. The chart comes from this article at Zero Hedge.

Unbelievable. First he tweeted an Anti-Semitic post aimed at Clinton from a Neo-Nazi website, and now he is using a graphic from the Russian propaganda site Zero Hedge. He 's not being stupid, he's playing to his base: low information voters with no critical thinking abilities.
edit on 12-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
Um, hillary was a NY senator for 8 yrs and SoS for 4 yrs.

12 out of the last 16 yrs in power.

Home ownerships are lowest since the 60's.

My buddy was in sub prime loans and he got screwed.

What was the question again? lol.

Oh, stupid hillary doesn't know the business end of a hammer.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:16 AM
All of the above, IMHO. After spending 24 hours pointedly doubling and tripling down on his "Obama founded ISIS" comments, he tweeted at CNN this morning that they don't get sarcasm.

I dunno. An easy, excellent argument could be made for mentally ill - because has there ever before, in the history of the U.S., been such a shameless, irrational, hysterical, ignorant and careless politician? I mean he's making McCarthy like an amateur.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM

originally posted by: aethertek
An interesting read for those who have no real history of the struggle of labor in this country.
Too bad so many don't realize they're labor but operate under the false faith that they're just a billionaire in the making.
Joe The Plumber anyone?

It is little wonder that certain Republican voters feel that "their party" has betrayed them. They call party leaders "country club", as an insult. These members get this, but what they don't understand is that their party of the country club changed its admission policy to allow the "little people" in, because they needed only their vote and not their input to govern.

The "little people" were allowed in when the GOP took in Reagan Democrats and conservative Christians. Blue collar workers were lured into the GOP, but, to keep them there, the narrative indeed needed to be "you, too, could be like us!". But voting over social wedge issues came at a hidden cost: they were voting for economic changes that benefited only those they voted in. The supply side economics swept up their wealth, damming it up to not trickle back.

Besides your good read, here is another read about another current con job from the far right.

The True History of Libertarianism in America: A Phony Ideology to Promote a Corporate Agenda

Some current GOP members will argue that it was "their party" that supported civil rights in the 1960s. The support for Southern civil rights came from the wealthy Northeast liberal Rockefeller Republicans, not today's extreme far right GOP.

Here is the reality of the situation. A true story. A member of a country club wanted to put up a small plaque in recognition of the decades of service from one of the "hired help". It was voted down with disdain and derision. The workers that work for the billionaires should never delude themselves that they are the billionaires, or believe in the "false faith that they're just a billionaire in the making".

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>