It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Stupid, Crazy, Compulsive Liar or All of the Above?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Kind of takes the risk out for the banks no? Only the people who can actually afford a house can buy one now.
Hell I bought mine during the bubble but I've refinanced twice and have actually paid it off now.

And my original terms were 9.0% on a thirty year fixed.
Yeah bank greed.
I was down to 4.0 15 when I paid it off.
edit on 8112016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: RobotBomb

Just suspicious of anyone who criticizes Trump but gives Hillary a pass over the same if not worse things.

What same things?

Did Trump have to make decisions about Benghazi?

Trump had nothing to do with it. He didn't lie about it being caused by a youtube video, Hillary did. He didn't throw the video producer in jail, Hillary/Obama did! Trump didn't leave those Americans to die, Hillary and Obama did!

Trump has everything to do with it.

He has zero experience at making political decisions.

Keep comparing "no experience - no decisions" Trump - - - to someone who had to make real political decisions.

Trump can't even get the housing bubble correct - - - and he's in real estate.

Annie I'm sure he plays to the American he thinks we all are. He thinks everyone is stupid so he probably didn't expect anyone to research the chart he threw up.
He was so out of touch with the potential economic dangers and so eager to get in on a good thing he started his own mortgage company. Which promptly failed when the bubble burst. That tells us what he knows about finance. He was simply following a trend.

He knew what the chart was. He just didn't think we were as smart as he is. We're not trumps after all.
He insults his supporters with this dishonesty.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"All of the Above" still makes Donald Trump a saint, compared to Hillary Clinton and the horrific DEEDS that she has, will, and will continue to commit. It's who she is as a person.

If Hillary makes it to the November 8th ballot, Trump gets my vote... along with the majority of the country, who do not want an Obama-Hitler hybrid controlling our lives.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Deeds... those dastardly deeds.

This thread is about the dastardly deeds of Donald J Trump.

You know where the I hate Hillary threads are. You know where to look...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: butcherguy

Is he running for president?

I didn't say that he was.

Then why bring him up.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Deregulation under Reagan Bush and Clinton were the reasons. Though under Clinton it was a republican backed bill pushed through by Phil Graham.
Deregulation led to lower qualifications for borrowers.
Lower qualifications meant more approvals. More approvals with lower qualifications led to more foreclosures.
Banks collect interest first then principal. What consumers were able to pay before losing the house went to the bank. They got no equity because they didn't have to make a down payment. It all went to the bank. A house and every payment made by the home owner up until they foreclosed. They probably had mortgage insurance added to the truth in lending agreement paid for by the home owner with the bank as beneficiary.
Yeah greed in greed out...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Kind of takes the risk out for the banks no? Only the people who can actually afford a house can buy one now.
Hell I bought mine during the bubble but I've refinanced twice and have actually paid it off now.

Not really. Government loves to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

If I make a loan and the borrower goes into foreclosure, then I am predatory lender.

If I don't make a loan because the borrower is not qualified to be a homeowner, I am redlining.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Actually I and probably those that started me knew it was an irrelevant point to try to make . Mostly because I at least am not an uninformed lap dog for anyone. I don't think the others are either. If someone is supporting Hillary it's because they've researched her and know she is the superior candidate. It's you who need us to be stupid so you can feel superior.
We're not here to serve you.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Your post does well to prove my point.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
One more thread that belongs in the forum:

"I HATE TRUMP"

right next to the forum:

"HILLARY FOR PRISON"

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

DOJ misses a GREAT deal these days ...Gunrunning to Benghazi for instance..www.activistpost.com... ony.html

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Don't KID yourself, SHE knows how to handle money very well.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Bull. It was deregulation prescribed by Reagan & Bush and with the bill proposed by and pushed through by republican Phil Gramm. The bubble rose and burst before Obama was elected.
Just one more mess Bush left for him to clean up.

I'm sorry, but this is just revisionist history. This was a mess for Democrats, by Democrats. Namely, Clinton.

content.time.com...
www.wsj.com...

reason.com...

Clinton’s Legacy: The Financial and Housing Meltdown
Clinton sowed the seeds of the Great Recession by helping to inflate the housing bubble.

The former president is treated like an elder statesman whose tenure in office was so good that even some Republicans look back fondly on it. On the surface his economic record looks good, but it would be rash to credit Clinton. During his time in office the information revolution took off, boosting productivity and economic growth. And when his Democratic Party lost control of Congress in 1992, Clinton had to accept spending restraints, which meant less government obstruction to economic growth.

Clinton, however, sowed the seeds of the Great Recession by helping to inflate the housing bubble, a key part of the financial debacle of 2007. But this wasn’t because he (not George W. Bush) signed two financial deregulation bills. Although Clinton legalized interstate banking in 1994 and commercial/investment banking combinations in 1999, that had nothing to do with the meltdown.

Then why is Clinton culpable? Because his secretary of housing and urban development, Andrew Cuomo, current governor of New York and a likely 2016 presidential aspirant, accelerated easy-housing policies and inflated the housing bubble, setting the stage for its collapse.

The meltdown was the consequence of a combination of the easy money and low interest rates engineered by the Federal Reserve and the easy housing engineered by a variety of government agencies and policies. Those agencies include the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and two nominally private “government-sponsored enterprises” (GSEs), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The agencies — along with laws such as the Community Reinvestment Act (passed in the 1970s, then fortified in the Clinton years), which required banks to make loans to people with poor and nonexistent credit histories — made widespread homeownership a national goal. This all led to a home-buying frenzy and an explosion of subprime and other non-prime mortgages, which banks and GSEs bundled into dubious securities and peddled to investors worldwide. Hovering in the background was the knowledge that the federal government would bail out troubled “too-big-to-fail” financial corporations, including Fannie and Freddie.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Another fine example of Trump making zero sense, from this morning's interview on CNBC's Squawk Box

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

*snicker* at "All I do is tell the truth."

He has no intention of winning.
What remains to be seen is if he is willing to lose; to actually 'go the distance' to the finish line.
edit on 8/11/2016 by Olivine because: misspellings

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Can we take 3 more months of Trump?

Good grief

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Can we take 3 more months of Trump?

Good grief

I'm more excited than you could know for the day after his victory. The butt hurt will be epic and HI-larious.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: kurthall

Not relevant, the race is between Trump and Hillary! I will vote for the ONLY choice a sane person would make, Hillary!

What about the insane people. Who should they vote for?

Hillary Too? Yes, since the GOP cut mental health programs

Luckily most US citizens are sane, so it really does not matter who they vote for. If you think Trump would give a rats ass if people with mental health issues had health care, think again. He will abolish The Affordable Care Act.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok, after studying the OP more, I have narrowed it down to a phrase I haven't heard in decades: Trump is a master mind f. He is doing it to the NAHB. He has done it to the USA.

In 2006 I wondered how housing would shake out. $10 an hour was considered a good wage here, yet houses were going up that cost $400,000. One young couple was told they qualified..... for a 50 year interest only loan! I wondered how long this absurdity could go on. Not much longer it turned out. And now Trump is pushing this same absurdity. What will he promise the next group he speaks to? Will he promise a Chinese Chicken Nugget in every pot?

a reply to: Olivine

No press is bad press to him, truly. He did seem sedate at this talk, low energy? Wind out of his sails over the fallout from his NC comment?
He will try to finish the race. He never misses an opportunity. If at this point, he is sensing that he may not win, he can still profit from it. He will have all the email addresses and any other contact info from his campaign. He can sell books about his campaign, he can spin off a new business to rival Alex Jones (how it was all rigged against him!), he can do many many and I mean many speeches and appearances.

As long as he can make a bigly amount of money, he'll do it. His kids can help him, can follow in his footsteps, become the next generation of self promoters, adding names to their father's database, always another group to fleece.

The country can work to repair the self-inflicted damage it has put itself through. It needs to address its white supremacy, and at the same time wrestle back from its NDE with a fascistic Koch ideological takeover. Trump did bring up things we need to address as a nation. Trump is a wake up call.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Oh ya keep that divide going!
Make sure that is someone disagrees with you, you make sure to make the ad hom attack.

It is almost like you are trying to say their opinion doesn't matter....

Us versus them guys!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Not really. Government loves to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

If I make a loan and the borrower goes into foreclosure, then I am predatory lender.

If I don't make a loan because the borrower is not qualified to be a homeowner, I am redlining.

Not quite that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join