It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Stupid, Crazy, Compulsive Liar or All of the Above?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So I was listening to the Trump speech to the NAHB Board of Directors just a little while ago and it was so ridiculous that I had to author a thread to point out just how bad it was. I'm going to ignore the bit about the "ISIS MVP" because that's already a topic of discussion and focus on an example of his unbridled hypocrisy and another of his either flat out lying, insanity or utter stupidity.

Here's the video:

The transcriptions below are mine.

First up is at about 45:12 in the above video:

You have a tremendous problem with the court system. I've heard it. A really big problem with the court system. So we're gonna make sure that ah.. ya know.. we're gonna make sure that a lot of the things that are happen to you can't happen. We want it to be a fair system. We have a lot of frivolous lawsuits. Has anybody in this room been the object of a frivolous lawsuit? Frivolous? Uh, I would think... that's all? No that many? Seriously? They're just embarassed to raise their hands. I bet you it's every single person in the room.

Really? This coming from the uncontested KING of vexatious litigation? According to USA Today's research, Donald Trump has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits and more than 1,900 of them were filed by Donald Trump's lawyers. Setting aside the abject hypocrisy of Donald Trump and the fact that almost no one in the audience agreed with him that they'd been the target of frivolous lawusits, what exactly does this buffoon think that a President can do about people exercising their rights to have their grievances against crooked/shady developers heard in a court of law?

In fact, why does he think that somebody who wants to be President of the United States of America should be boasting that he will trample the right of every American to have his day in court?

Next up at 54:37 and then at 55:13 in the video:

We're having a massive cut in taxes. We're having a massive cut in regulations. You know... and that includes banking regulations for you people because it's impossible for you people to go get mortgages. So hard for people to get mortgages today. Unless you have a lot of money in the bank and unless you don't need money, you can't borrow it. Right? You can't borrow it.

It's impossible with Dodd Frank, with all of the different things you have — and I know people who can't get mortgages to buy houses — and that's why your housing numbers are way down from what they were in terms of new capacity. One in five American households do not have a single member in the labor force. Think of that. Home ownership — and this is a biggie for you — home ownership is at its lowest rate in fifty-one years. Think of that. Ya know, it was always like the American Dream. Right? Owning a home is the American Dream. It's at the lowest rate in 51 years. Chart. Where's that chart. I've entered the world of charts lately. So descriptive. So here's a chart. Most of you can see, you don't need good eyesight to see what's going on. So here's Obama and here's the end. He's not finished yet. Isn't that a terrible picture?

Here's the still from the video. The chart comes from this article at Zero Hedge.

Where to begin? Is this moron so out of touch with reality that he really doesn't know about the subprime mortgage crisis/housing bubble and the collapse of the real estate market? This is shocking considering he's not only a major party candidate for President but a real estate mogul. W-T-F.

1. He points to peak home ownserhip on the chart and says, "So here's Obama" as though President Obama was somehow responsible for the housing bubble (that he doesn't seem to know occurred) even though the home ownership rate peaked in 2007 and the SHTF for Lehman Brothers and friends in September of 2008, before President Obama had even been elected.

2. More mind-boggling still, he blames low home ownership rates on peoples' inability to obtain mortgages because of "regulations." I suppose this shouldn't be too shocking as he's apparently unaware of the subprime mortgage crisis, so it makes sense then that he wouldn't realize that all those people getting mortgages they couldn't afford due to a need for greedy bankers to have more garbage to fill up worthless mortgage-backed securities was the root cause of the collapse in the housing market. His solution? Find a way to roll us back to the period leading up to the bubble — in other words — create another bubble.

He's either a compulsive liar who can't stop himself from lying, he's bats# crazy and believes what he is saying, he's one of the dumbest major party candidates in history or some combination of these.
edit on 2016-8-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks for Correcting The Record.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So what ?

So you can recognize illegal behavior.

Just selectively...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Are you also going to post the mirror thread where you take out his name and put Clinton's in there. She also deserves one.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So, he is a crazy, compulsive, stupid or all of the above because you disagree with him?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

So, he is a crazy, compulsive, stupid or all of the above because you disagree with him?

No, because reality disagrees with him.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You left out another possibility: Controlled Opposition.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Are you also going to post the mirror thread where you take out his name and put Clinton's in there. She also deserves one.

He would need to add fat, ugly and brain damaged to the title also.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'll go with this order:
1. Dumb as a rock.
2. Believes that everything that comes out of "the Donald's" mouth is true, at least at that moment.
3. Never shuts up, because he loves the sound of his own voice, making him seem a compulsive liar.

Thanks for the transcripts, Antedilluvian. S & F

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's obvious that he is a hypocrite and that he's a liar, but in these examples I think it's more that these subjects are completely outside of his wheelhouse.

He may not know very much on these topics and does a poor job articulating the ins and outs. If this was about real estate development, he would be right at home, but these topics are just not his thing.

Side note: It appears that your thread is already being derailed and deflected. Sorry to see that. Hope they can stick to the topic.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you going to go into all the threads critical of Hillary and post a request for an accompanying thread critical of Trump?You're apparently compelled by a belief in equitable mud slinging after all.

a reply to: whyamIhere

Back at ya?

Strange that the pro-Trump/anti-Hillary types think that these are appropriate comments for any thread that's critical of Donald Trump as though there's some rule or an ethical obligation that in order to post an anti-Trump thread, the author must immediately post an anti-Hillary thread.

Let's be completely frank here folks. That's just irrational BS. Utter twaddle. If you want to defend Trump, defend Trump. If you want to criticize Hillary, go make a thread and criticize Hillary (clearly the 100 threads a day from the same 3-5 people aren't enough for your voracious appetites).

Pretending like I have an obligation to be equally critical of both candidates is a lamebrained tactic that is beneath both of you but if you insist on doing it to me and not to those posting anti-Hillary/pro-Trump threads, then you're not only misguided but unabashed hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The same could be done for Hillary with a much longer list of lies to the American people. Not only lies but real crimes that the DOJ turns a blind eye to like the FBI wanting to investigate the foundation. DOJ said hell no.

link   

Clinton is a hell of a lot smarter than Trump! Your mirror comment is just dumb

edit on 11-8-2016 by kurthall because: Fix

link   
uh oh.. another Trump critic... logic flies out of the window when it comes to what trump says.

how weird is it that, nothing trump says ever bothers [some] of trump's supporter. even when he says he was wrong after saying something completely ignorant, his cult-like followers still say he wasnt wrong.

there is no politics involved here. i dont think trump knows anything
i mean wtf...

You have a tremendous problem with the court system. I've heard it. A really big problem with the court system. So we're gonna make sure that ah.. ya know.. we're gonna make sure that a lot of the things that are happen to you can't happen

this is why im voting for trump. a man who knows as much about the court system should be good for this country. i really hope trump wins, so do many other countries watching.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
Thanks for Correcting The Record.

Awwww, that's clever!

This is getting to be one of typical responses from the pro-Trump set on ATS:

- If you criticize Trump, you're a shill
- If you criticize Trump, you have to also criticize Clinton

I'm not a shill. I've been posting here for years on a range of topics far before this election. You on the other hand, I don't know you or anything about you. For all I know, you're Donald Trump taking a break from vomiting moronic garbage on Twitter.

If that's the case, welcome to ATS! Anything that leads to less Trump blathering on Twitter can only be a good thing!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Clinton is a hell of a lot smarter than Trump!

So is Roger Ailes.
Would you vote for him?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"...but what about Hillary?"

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Not a shill a Clinton benefit receiver most likely.

Selective outrage much ?

link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Not only lies but real crimes that the DOJ turns a blind eye to like the FBI wanting to investigate the foundation. DOJ said hell no.

Actually no. According to the source of this claim, an anonymous "law enforcement official" speaking to CNN (didn't know that? How's that fit the narrative you've adopted?) the FBI approached the DOJ regarding an investigation and the DOJ response was that the they'd already looked into the foundation about a year prior and found insufficient evidence to launch an investigation.

This means that not only did the DOJ not say "hell no" (don't let third hand sources of regurgitated propaganda on ATS make a liar out of you), assuming that the source is on the level and correct, the DOJ had already looked into potential impropriety prior to the FBI requests which is in stark contrast to what you're trying to say.

Would you care to comment about the content of the OP? Was there something I said about Trump that you disagree or do you just want to make sure you get a comment in about Hillary?

link   
Honest, I haven't listened to the video. Did Trump talk about the illegal labor the home builders started using in earnest a couple decades ago? Once a giant Texas outfit came through here some years ago, American workers (regardless of race!) had a harder time finding work.

Home-building boom relies on illegal workers

Once much of the cheap labor returned home/stopped entering after the economic downturn starting in 2007, solving the excess worker problem for the downturn in building, home builders are now asking for guest worker visas to once again employ cheap foreign labor!

ETA Build a wall? ha Trump's home builders will make sure to build a good gate in it.

ETA Trump is not stupid, maybe crazy, but definitely a compulsive liar. Lying is what he does to not only protect his ego, but the ability to fabricate stories is why he has had great success in marketing and selling himself.
edit on 11-8-2016 by desert because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join