It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Original Drawing Contest .... WINNERS ANNOUNCED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

A lot of artists tend to emplace their own faces from drawing them over and and over again.
I keep adding my nose..I 'm working on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah.. But from drawing people experience has taught me that the difference in faces are only very very slight deviations... Skulls are a testament to that. If you were to actually measure peoples faces you will see that the veriables are very slight... Even people with huge noses and ears for example were talking mm's in most cases.. So when creating faces, even from scratch if you follow the basics in the beginning, you will be close every time, then you can go from there.. Same holds true with the rest of the body.. For example, im 5,9.. And 8 ft man does not generally only differ proportionally to me by having 3 ft longer legs... The overall proportions are almost always slightly different everywhere.. So if you follow the 8 head rule to get the height, you will almost always be extreamly close right from your initial sketch.. That make sense? Fact that he's taller is only observable really by what hes next too, not his/her basic proportions
edit on 11-9-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Hopefully motivation to get back at it... I recently sarted drawing again after a 20 year hiatus. My little one is really into it and she motivated me to get back into it.. Truly regret ever stopping and fell back in love with it immediately.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

I wish I knew how to stop everything I am already doing to become a full time paid artist with the ability to pay my bills and afford to continue to develop this craft and experiment with more and more ambitious projects.
It is both good and bad this way of living is highly competitive .

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I worked in a sign shop prior to joing the Navy. I did all the custom design stuff basically. I started while still in HS and left when i was 20. By the end of that 5-6 years i didnt want to do it anymore. Worrying about the buisness side of it, dealing with customers, opinions etc sucked every bit of enjoyment out of it. Doing as a hobby though, has been pure joy.. It actually pays for itself, keeps my mind clear and my hands and eyes sharp. One thing i do where i feel no stress whatsoever, I practice what i want, when i want and how i want.. I only do portraits i want to take for reasons i want to.. Someone doesn't like it they can find another artist.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here is my entry
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
And the contest is finally up!

We have beautiful works of arts, good job all of you contestants!

We are now entering the voting phase, please check out the artists' submissions and star & flag those you like!

edit on 17-9-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
And the contest is finally up!

We have beautiful works of arts, good job all of you contestants!

We are now entering the voting phase, please check out the artists' submissions and star & flag those you like!

Wow!!!!

Time does fly!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good luck everyone!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Maybe this will help with voting? I hope I didn't screw this up?

tikbalang

swimmer15

ladyvalkyrie

ladyvalkyrie

swimmer15

ladyvalkyrie

calstorm

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I vote for ladyvalkyrie.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
WOW!!! Amazing entries ALL of you!!

My watercolor was more messy than those I've attempted in the past; It looked more like someone had gotten ill than a dragon face.

I am so amazed at the level of artistry among you all. Thanks for everyone who contributed -- you are part of what makes this place so special.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I want to vote for all of them!!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Which is precisely what I did. Thank you all for the eyecandy!

Pity that nobody created a thread for that one (and the other).

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Open a thread for your work or I will do so, promise!

edit on 19-9-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I vote for Lady Valkerie with her little girl holding the little dragon

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think you vote by giving a flag and star to the one's you like best. You don't have to come in here and say which ones in order for your vote to count. That is my understanding anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

you don't think people can do as they like ?

yes, people vote by giving s&f but i really do enjoy to read about people and their opinion on what they like and why

i might not be the only one ?

and by the way

i love the colourful work of tikbalang. i zoomed way in and enjoyed every brush stroke and the way the colours mixed on what seems a good paper texture

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I did SnF, but I like to give my recognition publicly, when someone specifically speaks out on my behalf about work I have done it is a lot more satisfying reading it or hearing it from the people and not adding or subtracting votes.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I didn't mean any harm. I just figured with all the new members we get to the site, not everyone would realize that their vote would count if they just starred and flagged. I got confused myself and thought maybe things changed and now my votes didn't count unless I mentioned them here. Don't mind me, I have been ultra stressed lately. It's wonderful to let people know what you think of their work whether in their thread or in here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join