It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell Report: CENTCOM Officials Altered Intel to Play Down ISIS Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So now we have a report from a House of Representatives panel that says CENTCOM (The United States Central Command) has been altering intel in favor of ISIS !!

The claims initially came from low level people that said higher up people were telling mid level people to alter the ISIS intel.

Puts a big question mark on the Obama Administration because many people were never convinced the U.S. efforts against ISIS were genuine.

Makes you wonder why when Russia got involved ISIS seemed to be suffering more defeats than before.

The conspiracy would be: ISIS is part of the Saudi/Qatar efforts to get a natural gas pipeline to Europe. Russia is currently Europe's largest supplier, and a new pipeline would cut into Russia's profits. Perhaps the bombing was actually helping ISIS?

You never know who is on who's side in the decades old Middle East conflicts.

Bombshell Report: CENTCOM Officials Altered Intel to Play Down ISIS Threat

A House Republican task force has found that officials from the U.S. military’s Central Command pressured lower-level military analysts to downplay the threats of ISIS and radical Islamists.

The Daily Beast reported that the committee's 10-page report confirms allegations by dozens of intelligence analysts that their reports were altered by CENTCOM higher-ups.

Last year, more than 50 analysts filed a formal complaint, alleging that their reports on ISIS and Al Qaeda’s branch in Syria - Al-Nusra Front - were being inappropriately altered by senior officials to paint a more optimistic picture.

The House panel, led by members of the House Armed Services and Intelligence committees and the Defense Appropriations subcommittee, was created after that shocking complaint was filed.

and of course.....

The Daily Beast did not confirm whether the White House was behind any instructions to doctor the reports.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

did not confirm whether the White House was behind any instructions to doctor the reports.

I heard this story on the radio while I was taking my lunch. They ended with the same sentence.

What to think, according to the MSM?.....

Army bad.

Obama good.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This Pentagon shill is retired General Vallely ex NSA and US psyops he often appears on tv as an expert to tell you about the ISIS threat

well he should know he helped set them up.

your being played for fools people

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No worries the next Donald Trump said something that hurt someones feelings thread coming soon to a theatre near you.

You know that's more important than international war crimes/treason being committed by this administration.
edit on 11-8-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

What about last weeks audit the Pentagon lost 6.5 trillion dollars,let me guess the death star is now fully operational.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm an AMD man myself.

Oh sorry I saw intel in the headline and thought that it was about CPU's. Should've realized this was another Trump trap.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Why in the #### are we still in the Middle East!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Its called the petrodollar to support it you must systematically destroy and loot countries which the world is getting tired of a return to the gold standard is in order.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Honest question, how does one confirms allegations.

Does that mean that the allegations are now proven, or it is still allegations?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Moot point even if the allegations are confirmed nobody would do anything about it

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
50 analysts spoke out together?
Holy moley!
Never heard of anything remotely like this involving the US military.
Seems our intelligence community is under pressure to obtain certain pre-determined results.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Moot point even if the allegations are confirmed nobody would do anything about it

I get that but i was asking because im still learning english. Hillary is the teflon don of politics, thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

How is this different from say...........Viet Nam where the Pentagon intentionally and repeatedly tried to paint a rosier picture than what was really going on?

Is it just me, or isn't it a bit naive to think the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) tells the truth? Hello! People in power didn't get there and get to stay there by telling the truth! And of course..........its been known for aeons that "truth is the first casualty of war".

How is this story even a "thing"?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Correction...........Teflona Donna.

Unless of course..........she's making changes I wasn't aware of.
edit on 11-8-2016 by TonyS because: spellning

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No surprise. Taking a page from this admins playbook. After all, ISIS is only a JV team.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You have to wonder if we can believe anything our government says anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm confused by the language. Are we making ISIS look like more of a threat than they are, or less of one...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I keep asking myself that everyday...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Congress needs to answer that one. They could take control but most likely don't want the responsibility. Plus it interferes with their vacation and holiday time off.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would like to see our resident intelligence analyst dissect this one,for anyone considering joining the military you may wish to watch this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join