It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacrifice at Cern caught on video

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
OK. How can you simulateously 1) venture into the unknown 2) have everything under control?

The unknown consists of particles: CERN is trying to find out what the smallest building blocks of matter are. Hence they still don't know what kind of particles those are. Scientists there are trying to find out how the universe got mass, which is the unknown.

To do so they need high energy particle collisions which are safe because even though CERN has the most powerful particle accelerator in the world, it is still not powerful enough: nature produces higher energy with cosmic ray collisions all the time.

originally posted by: ColdChillin
So how did they get access to CERN, then? The security is hardcore and yet the group is clearly on the grounds. So maybe you should explain that first before ridiculing it. Until then, I won't be taking you seriously.

Perhaps if you read the thread (or read about CERN), you will see that that area has a hotel and students accommodation. That particular area is a public area within CERN.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

It doesn't matter to some as they are stuck on stupid concerning this.

Some want to believe in everything youtube shows because they are not willing to understand the truth.

No matter what is presented they will always believe in their minds they are right...kind of a sad thing to do IMO, but that is what the world has come to I am afraid.

And then some have their tin foil hats on so tight it cut's the blood flow to the brain so that rationality becomes fiction and that is all they see. I guess I should have seen it coming, but all the tin foil hats blinded me.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The sound of common sense. Looking at what appear to be trainers kind-of splints the illusion a bit.

The first thing that crossed my mind when they started to appear was "Where is Security?" Are there cameras monitoring this if its inside Cern.

What also say spoof to me is that the guy didn't stay to watch what actually happened he dash off suggesting that a human sacrifice had occurred but we didn't see it.; Now even I would have stayed to make sure and wouldn't they have had trouble with the blood left on the pavings etc.

Nice try but needs more work me thinks.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The only question I have is.

Why do people think sacrificing someone is a joke? Seriously? Who thinks this is funny or a 'prank'? I just can't wrap my head around the logic here.
"Yeah, I know what will scare bill, let's host a mock human sacrifice, we'll get robes and everything" It just doesn't add up - it's also super creepy.

Maybe these people do think differently to us, like on a whole new level of different. Even if the guy filming it was in on the act, WHY? Why would you want to keep a conspiracy alive, especially in this fashion? There's a lot about this that just doesn't make sense.

I don't think this is a real ritual but the mindset of the people doing it troubles me greatly.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

To mess with the weak minded.

Like those in this thread who thinks this is real.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I've read the safety information RE: "nature does it all the time so why not us" disclaimer. While it may be true, the risk involved in operating such a large machine, producing artificial collisions isn't absolutely, completely and thoroughly zero. And that's what bothers some of us... because common sense and common knowledge of human nature dictate that some people will do anything just to see if they can, in fact, do it.

There are also those who might use information gained to create ever more efficient ways of blowing up people and things. And that also worries some people who understand that some other people have a penchant for doing that kind of thing.

Knowledge isn't all sunshine and rainbows. The same tech that can create can also destroy. This is why people get nervous when they think that *maybe* the people questing relentlessly after knowledge aren't as sane/sober as they'd hoped.

As for the video, I saw the commentary of the CERN site about "summer visitors". I'm glad they don't condone it, but the joke is still in poor taste.

At the same time, CERN has kind of invited this by placing a Shiva statue on the grounds and that utterly bizarre Symmetry art film/opera. The quasi religious overtones spook some and inspire bad behavior in others.

If I were CERN 's PR guy I'd have a dent in my forehead for all the face palming.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

To mess with the weak minded.

Like those in this thread who thinks this is real.

It's probably a prank, but at the same time, as I've pointed out previously, the founder of JPL was really into OTO.

I'm a firm believer that both human stupidity and human weirdness are infinite.

And just because you're "smart" in one way doesn't make you "smart" in all others.

As an example, I have to wonder about the emotional intelligence of people who think this prank is appropriate or good, given the state of the world.

I could easily see this sort of thing inspiring disturbed minds to do harm to CERN or the employees there. Not smart.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I posted a thread earlier in the week, which the subject matter was a lot more believable than this YT video, with more direct proof, yet mine was sent to the Trash Bin within hours. No, I'm not bitching, I know it's up to a mods discretion. I would just be interested in knowing their protocol in determining which ones stay and which ones are relegated to the nether world. Like anything else in life I guess it's who you know.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

well you know what its like
your at cern , bored
gotta fill the time between
opening portals for interdimesional travel agencies
and playing minecraft
so you mock up a silly ritual
and pretend to sacrifice sally the temp
to the statue in the courtyard

of course film it
the internet demands hard evidence

next week we are all gonna dress up as m̶o̶r̶o̶n̶s̶ Mormons

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

I understand what you are trying to say but the energy the LHC reaches is nothing compared by nature's standards and the strength of its magnet is the same as those in MRI scans. They are also not creating anything, they are investigating and analyzing.

The statue of Shiva was donated by India because Shiva practiced a 'cosmic' dance and CERN is studying the 'cosmic' dance of subatomic particles. Unfortunately some people, instead of seeing things for what they are, let their superstitions and ignorance of physics run wild unfounded accusations.

a reply to: Shiloh7

I read somewhere that common sense lately is so scarce, it's like having a superpower! lol
Have you seen the zombie movies that was also made there? I can look it up for you if you want.

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Some want to believe in everything youtube shows because they are not willing to understand the truth.

Not willing or perhaps they can't understand. If they could understand how the LHC works and see it's not powerful at all, then the conspiracies about creating a black hole/opening portals/affecting the planet's magnetic field etc would stop.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I understand what you are trying to say but the energy the LHC reaches is nothing compared by nature's standards and the strength of its magnet is the same as those in MRI scans. They are also not creating anything, they are investigating and analyzing.

The statue of Shiva was donated by India because Shiva practiced a 'cosmic' dance and CERN is studying the 'cosmic' dance of subatomic particles. Unfortunately some people, instead of seeing things for what they are, let their superstitions and ignorance of physics run wild unfounded accusations.

a reply to: Shiloh7

I read somewhere that common sense lately is so scarce, it's like having a superpower! lol
Have you seen the zombie movies that was also made there? I can look it up for you if you want.

Not willing or perhaps they can't understand. If they could understand how the LHC works and see it's not powerful at all, then the conspiracies about creating a black hole/opening portals/affecting the planet's magnetic field etc would stop.

micro singularities can be created in LHC.

wikipedia
edit on 14/8/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I understand they don't create anything with collisions. I get it, they smash things to see what flies off at a subatomic level. (Although there seems to be some concern there's an outside chance something really nasty could "fly off"...and that's not a happy thought...even if the chance is remote.)

They do, however, gain understanding which can be used to create things. I'm just hoping what gets created as a result of any findings isn't something that exists for the sole purpose of killing humans.

I don't trust scientists, not because they're scientists but because they're human. And humans are notoriously short-sighted semi-suicidal monkeys at the best of times.

As for Shiva, I don't care if it was a gift. It's not exactly great for public relations. It doesn't take a rocket scientist (obviously) to know such a controversial place should remain religiously neutral.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

What has this got to do with being weak minded though?

They're actually pretending to murder someone. There's nothing weak minded about that. My point is that these people are 'pretending' to do something utterly abhorrent that no one else, at least that I know, would even remotely find funny - or prankish.

This is just dark, twisted and weird. Even if it is fake (which is massively likely) then it's still worrying. Have you ever filmed yourself in a mock sacrifice?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
People in this thread who say it's sick to fake kill someone, did you ever play cops and robbers as a kid? Is drama evil, is play?

Granted I think this hoax is a but unsavory, not because they're fake killing someone, but because they're fake killing someone and they know people will believe it.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

the video is a joke, but the subject is not.

All those nukes in the early atomic age were an act of trying to open a portal to "places and spaces"

Call me insane....I can take it.

Technology....a gift of the "gods"

We are kind of dumb, generally speaking, we arent doing more than reverse engineering things. Thats not the same.

RE- discovering things.

Not inventing.

Portals, norway, gulf of aden.

Come, bring us mirrors and beads....yes we do have beautiful lands.....oh, you are staying?....

I do have my "reservations"

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It doesn't matter to some as they are stuck on stupid concerning this.

No matter what is presented they will always believe in their minds they are right...kind of a sad thing to do IMO, but that is what the world has come to I am afraid.

And then some have their tin foil hats on so tight it cut's the blood flow to the brain so that rationality becomes fiction and that is all they see. I guess I should have seen it coming, but all the tin foil hats blinded me.
if what you say is true the elitists and their lying ways have only themselves to blame for people's passionate lack of trust. Let's say they make more "honest, well intended progress," then what? Long ago we had great luxuries and never a dull moment we didn't want dull. When is enough enough? What good actually comes from this? The tech and knowledge we have now is mostly misused, especially in the hands of greedy elitists. Not everyone is fooled. Get back to your diet sodas and sitcoms and reality shows world, CERN has our existence under control.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
People in this thread who say it's sick to fake kill someone, did you ever play cops and robbers as a kid? Is drama evil, is play?

Granted I think this hoax is a but unsavory, not because they're fake killing someone, but because they're fake killing someone and they know people will believe it.

It's a pretty bad idea because this cops and robbers could inspire acts of terrorism or attacks on scientists .

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

While it may be true, the risk involved in operating such a large machine, producing artificial collisions isn't absolutely, completely and thoroughly zero. And that's what bothers some of us...

What, specifically, are the risks?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

True. Failure of imagination on behalf of what are probably some pretty bright people.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wirehead

While it may be true, the risk involved in operating such a large machine, producing artificial collisions isn't absolutely, completely and thoroughly zero. And that's what bothers some of us...

What, specifically, are the risks?

Phil Plait of bad astronomy mentioned the potential for some risk...granted the odds of the things happening mentioned pretty low, but they aren't 0. I'm not a physicist, but I do get a sick feeling when I think there's any potential to create what I've heard "strangelets" described as being capable of doing to the planet. The same goes for what I believe are called monopoles? Again, I'm a layperson, so just not knowing and having to trust other humans with the fate of the earth..... knowing our track record as a species.... makes me nervous.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join