It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethicists: Clinton team violated ‘spirit’ of pledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.politico.com...

And here we go again; more evidence that Hillary has problems with the truth, has problems living up to any oath she has sworn to, and will sell anyone out even her own staff.

During her confirmation hearing seven years ago, Hillary Clinton pledged to “do everything in my power” to separate her work as secretary of state from the business of her husband’s sprawling global charity. But new emails released this week show that her top aides didn’t always make those distinctions.

Say it aint so....Hillary agreed to rules when offered a position then when in said position she broke them?
I am pretty sure she has a pattern emerging with this behavior.

“For the duration of my appointment as Secretary if I am confirmed, I will not participate personally and substantially in any particular matter involving specific parties in which The William J. Clinton Foundation (or the Clinton Global Initiative) is a party or represents a party, unless I am first authorized to participate,” Clinton wrote in a Jan. 5, 2009, letter to State Department Designated Agency Ethics Official James H. Thessin. She was the only one to sign that letter, but a December 2008 “memo of understanding” outlining ethics protocols for the foundation was signed by Clinton Foundation CEO Bruce Lindsey and Valerie Jarrett, a key adviser to President Barack Obama. Clinton lawyer David Kendall signed a separate Jan. 5, 2009, letter outlining “voluntary steps ... President Clinton intends to take to assist Senator Clinton to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest with her duties as Secretary of State.”

Anyone else think James H. Thissin was shocked to learn Hillary lied to him?

Ethicists tended to agree that while there may be no evidence of a deliberate violation of Clinton’s pledge, the emails underscored the blurry lines between the globe-spanning charity and Clinton’s work as the nation’s top diplomat. “The Clinton Foundation was taking money from anybody who would give it, and the biggest contributions were from people who had business before the State Department,” said Craig Holman, government affairs lobbyist for Public Citizen. “They didn’t follow the pledge. … I don’t think anyone in the foundation sought to deliberately violate the pledge, I just don’t think they cared about it,” he added.

So now Ethicists are openly questioning her character and truthfulness? Wow there is a first time for everything.

This isn’t the first time this summer the Clinton campaign has had to address lingering controversies related to the Clinton Foundation. In June, emails revealed that Mills had pushed to name a Clinton bundler and foundation donor, Chicago securities trader Rajiv Fernando, to a seat on the sensitive International Security Advisory Board — a position he was forced to give up two days later after ABC News asked for his résumé.

Well maybe not a first time for Hillary.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Another Hillary lie exposed and confirmed.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well maybe not a first time for Hillary.

That's Madam President to you, get used to it.

The Notorious HRC will not be stopped.

K~

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, you realize this means absolutely nothing to HRC supporters. They don't care. And I doubt the MSM will pick it up so the low information Democrat voters glued to CNN will never hear about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You can put lipstick and a pant suit on a pig.

There's that whole thing...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Agree, does not matter to Democrats. They think it's funny.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It is surely a Clintonian principle to use public office for private means, as was the case for Bill.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well, you realize this means absolutely nothing to HRC supporters. They don't care. And I doubt the MSM will pick it up so the low information Democrat voters glued to CNN will never hear about it.

You doubt the MSM will pick it up? Even though the source article is from Politico? Is that not part of the MSM to you?

Do you even understand the words you type?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What about the fact that Hillary has lied again?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What about the fact that Hillary has lied again?

Don't you mean short circuited?

There's a clear distinction
edit on 11-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
From www.charlesortel.com:

Your help and encouragement in recent weeks is already bringing overdue attention upon the largest unprosecuted charity fraud ever attempted--that being the network of illegal activities worldwide, whose heart is the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation, directed by certain individuals and together with numerous affiliates, has been part of an international charity fraud network whose entire cumulative scale (counting inflows and outflows) approaches and may even exceed $100 billion, measured from 1997 forward.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes i underdstand the words I type. Politico doesn't qualify as MSM in my mind. MSM is CNN, the Networks, Fox, the Wall Street Journal, the NYT. And a handful of local City newspapers. I don't count Politico as an MSM because its not broadcast or distributed.......it has to be looked up. I count in the MSM the "opinion" makers. And my definition of MSM is pretty generous in that I seriously doubt the WSJ or the NYT reach a very large percentage of the US public, most of which are too damned lazy to read a newspaper anyway.

I must have hit a nerve on that comment to deserve a personal insult.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hillary violated the most basic tenets of ethics from what we have seen... so far.

I have a feeling that it is like breathing for her, she doesn't even notice that she is doing it.

top topics

join