It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

That means you have to be a pretty regular smoker--smoking around an oz/week.

Whoa.. Hey... I don't think even Tommy Chong smokes an ounce a week. Especially not the decent stuff. A couple of times a week is enough to give a hot sample, depending on your metabolism. A quarter ounce a week for two daily smokers is about right at about 70 bucks (the good stuff).

Not so tough to fit into a budget.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

I called it. I told you all they were not going to reschedule it on the last mega thread regarding this topic. Every one of our last several presidents and most of the congress and senate have all smoked, and they still leave it criminalized. Too much money in the injustice system and law enforcement and private prison system.

But hey, the presidents daughter can toke up and twerk and that's all good.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
An oz a week is enough to be extremely high 24/7. If it's high quality that person would be one fried daddy. That much weed is abuse. Smoking just 1/100th of an oz will be in most people's system for a week or two.

Even an oz a week of the most expensive stuff would be roughly 15k a year if they just didn't care to save any money on it at all. The few daily users I know that I consider hardcore spend 300-400 a month and seem to be high most of their free time. When you budget for it that's not unmanageable for most people.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Lol. No it wasn't factual as I proved. It was hyperbole. Just because America has SOME health problems doesn't make us the worst in the world.

PS: I like all those quoted texts and no sources. Really driving home your desire to propagandize aren't you?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders Slams Decision Not To Reclassify Marijuana

Sanders made clear on Twitter that he was among those dissatisfied with the decision not to remove marijuana from the federal government’s list of “Schedule I” drugs, where it sits alongside heroin and '___'. (Schedule I is the most severe category of illegal substances, referring to drugs with the greatest tendency for abuse and no known medical uses.)

People can argue about the pluses and minuses of marijuana, but everyone knows it’s not a killer drug like heroin. t.co...
— Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) August 11, 2016

Get em Bernie!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Government institutions will preserve the problem of which they are the solution.

If this isn't a clear example of the fact that the government IS the mafia, then I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am ex Navy....and will be getting a 50ton captain's license soon so please don't try to tell me to go to school and get a better job. I am pretty sure my life would be what most consider a vacation.

That said I know a lot of smart people who won't take jobs they have to take drug tests for such as waiting tables, bartending, ect. In my town bartenders can pull close to 6 figures....

Also I am not sure where you came up with an ounce a week, I have met some hardcore stoners and none smoke that much. Smoking just once, less than a half gram, can be detected for a week plus depending on the levels they are searching for and a person's metabolism.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: antiguaEstrella

Furthermore how is an intelligent and aware person supposed to respect the DEA and the anti liberty laws they create and enforce?

I suppose this is good news for people in the cannabis industry, keeping in illegal keeps it much more profitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 12-8-2016 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am not allowed to grow a plant, on my own property, to be consumed by no one else.

I am being told what I am allowed and not allowed to put into my own body when it would have no affect on anybody else. That is bullsh1t, regardless of motive.

There are far more harmful things that I am allowed (even encouraged) to consume. The reasoning is out-dated and flat out flawed.

The whole 'pot caused my condition' thing.. no offense... but that seems about as reasonable as vaccinations causing autism. Some times people just want something to blame.

Land of the "free"

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I figure it's going to take another 4-5 years for this to change with the FED govt..

Some very rich and powerful folks are in the process of making sure once MJ is legalized, they will be in position to reap the profits...

They aren't going to stand idly by as this cash cow is unleashed...

I hope that they are also going to allow the farmers to grow for hemp fibers, it would be a shame to keep that off the table in favor of the cotton industry...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

No weed for pain. Let's give the masses opiates comparable to heroin instead!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

The worse part is that it doesn't need to take 4 or 5 years. Any President can change it with the stroke of a pen.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

What makes one a stoner/pothead?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just an update. Hillary's campaign says she'll reschedule mary jane if elected President lol. I was looking for the actual press release (it's not on Hillary's campaign website yet), but I could only find it quoted in articles like this:

Meanwhile a senior policy adviser to presidential candidate Hillary Clinton applauded the progress made on the research end — and said Clinton will reschedule marijuana if she’s elected in November.

“We applaud the steps taken today by the Obama Administration to remove research barriers that have significantly limited the scientific study of marijuana,” Maya Harris, a senior policy advisor to Clinton’s campaign, said in a statement. “Marijuana is already being used for medical purposes in states across the country, and it has the potential for even further medical use. As Hillary Clinton has said throughout this campaign, we should make it easier to study marijuana so that we can better understand its potential benefits, as well as its side effects.

“As president, Hillary will build on the important steps announced today by rescheduling marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II substance. She will also ensure Colorado, and other states that have enacted marijuana laws, can continue to serve as laboratories of democracy.”

Government officials (Team Hillary, too) respond to DEA’s pot rescheduling denial

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Back in Chicago, I would take on average 30 pills a day for my crohns. Since moving out to Seattle 8 months ago, I began smoking and now I'm down to taking 4 pills per day... Coincidence? I never felt worse in my life then when I had doctors pumping my body with all these steroids, antibiotics, etc.. It feels so nice being off a lot of those serious medications, but I can only imagine the damage I've already done... For the DEA to refuse to reclassify, just amazes me, and shows the level of corruption and lobbying power working against us all.. The reason why there hasnt been substantial clinical trials on this plant, is because the Govt refuses to put funding into these studies that would/could prove how significant this plant is.... Just sad how money corrupts so many

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Really? If this is true I'll finally have a definitive reason to vote for her. I mean I still won't really like her too much, but any candidate with a good chance of being President that is for marijuana legalization/decriminalization has MY vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
a reply to: GoShredAK

I have mastered the technique of dilution. Just drink water and other random drinks until your peeing every 20 minutes. An hour or so before the test drink a rockstar or just take some b vitamins so your sample isn't obviously clear.

The problem with dilution is that some labs check for specific gravity in the sample. If it's too low, you have to retest - or fail.

I think adding in as many vitamins and minerals as possible within healthy limits counteracts that. It at least makes a difference.

Instead of straight water I will drink all kinds of sports drinks, organic drinks, energy drinks and teas. All that plus various supplements.

It has worked several times. Even for a DOT job at the Alaskan Railroad.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well you've had some lax tests then. I've failed tests using masking agents or even just trying to dilute.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well you've had some lax tests then. I've failed tests using masking agents or even just trying to dilute.

Not all of them Krazy.

The last test I took was for a position on the Alaska Railroad which is DOT. They send those samples to a lab and it takes a couple weeks for results.

I am just really good at it, maybe a little lucky and must have the metabolism to pull it off.

I even coached my wife through the process of dilution once and she passed hers.

You just have to truly dilute, which is tricky and uncomfortable, and you need to have the timing down perfect.

So ya it won't always work because every body is different, it takes a bit of forewarning and a lot of supplies.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join