It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:53 PM
a reply to: seattlerat
This conflict between state and federal law is absurd and I can't believe they are letting it continue. Everyone involved from law enforcement to the banks to the dispensaries themselves want this nonsense to end.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:06 PM
I totally agree. A couple of weeks ago, one of the big stories on Yahoo news was the DEA "potentially" rescheduling marijuana and now nothing? WTF was all the hype about if it's going to be SSDD?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
We're one of the most unhealthy nations world wide. Record numbers of obesity and people on prescription drugs, never mind heart issues, as life expectancy starts to decrease.

Anyone listening to our government on what to put and not put into their own body is a fool.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:17 PM

originally posted by: MysticPearl
We're one of the most unhealthy nations world wide. Record numbers of obesity and people on prescription drugs, never mind heart issues, as life expectancy starts to decrease.

Anyone listening to our government on what to put and not put into their own body is a fool.

This isn't even CLOSE to being trueThe 10 Unhealthiest Countries in the World

Like I think you just made this "fact" up on the spot. All I did was a quick google search and saw how wrong you were. We aren't even on the same CONTINENT as any of the unhealthiest countries in the world. Go read a medical journal and stop spreading disinformation.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
a reply to: jrod

dude you sound like you're speaking from personal experience. Haven't you ever heard of drinking coffee?

Unless you are a hardcore stoner, there's no way it's going to show up. Plus, how about go to school so you don't have to apply for bad jobs that dehumanize people who are just searching for work.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:41 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Disinformation? Everything I said was fact. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Americans are far more unhealthy than people in 16 other developed countries, and it’s probably our own fault, experts reported on Wednesday. We die younger from diseases such as obesity and heart disease, and we are far more likely to be murdered and die in car accidents, the researchers at the National Academy of Sciences found.

Yet we don’t live any longer and we are not even healthier, the report by the National Research Council and Institute of Medicine finds. The NRC and IoM, both parts of the National Academies of Science, provide advice to U.S. policymakers. The National Institutes of Health asked them to compare the health of Americans to people in Canada, Australia, Japan and 13 European countries including Britain, France, Portugal, Italy and Germany.

“The size of the health disadvantage was pretty stunning,” Woolf told reporters in a telephone briefing.

Americans did worse in nine areas: infant mortality; injury and homicide rates; teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases; the AIDS virus; drug abuse; obesity and diabetes; heart disease; lung disease; and disabilities.

And many of these affect young people, not the elderly. Americans are seven times more likely to be murdered than people in the other countries, and 20 times more likely to be killed by a gun.

"I don't think most parents know that, on average, infants, children, and adolescents in the U.S. die younger and have greater rates of illness and injury than youth in other countries,” Woolf said.

“For many years, Americans have been dying at younger ages than people in almost all other high-income countries,” the expert panel wrote.

The United States is home to the most obese population in the Americas, Asia and Europe, has the fattest kids by a wide margin and is tops in poor health for teenagers, according to the latest measure of well-being from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

In the obesity chapter, the United States is put at No. 1, ahead of 33 other nations, despite years of work by the Obama administration, the first lady and the Agriculture Department, which has been pulling sugar and salt out of school lunches.

The report shows that obesity in America has jumped since 2000 and that 35 percent of the nation is overweight. For comparison, 4 percent of Japanese and 25 percent of Canadians are obese.

The U.S. also tops the list of teens report in poor health, at 22 percent.

Worse, the U.S. soars over every other country in the number of obese and overweight children, at a whopping 38 percent. The next worse country is Canada, with a combined obese and overweight child population at below 25 percent.

Despite dire warnings from the drug companies themselves, more than 70 percent of Americans—223 million—take at least one prescription drug. Over 50 percent, about 160 million, take two. This means that only a minority of people in the country do not take pills regularly!

Direct-to-consumer drug commercials are only permitted in the United States and New Zealand. And pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. take full advantage of this ability, with many spending more than $4 billion a year on ads.

To an outsider, Americans must seem to be some of the most diseased people on Earth. The U.S. consumes 75 percent of the world’s prescription drugs even though it makes up only about 5 percent of the world population!

A New York Times article revealed that Americans dominate the global appetite for pain pills, consuming 99 percent of the world’s supply of Vicodin, 80 percent of the oxycodone supply, and 65 percent of the world’s Dilaudid.

This reliance on pain pills has grave consequences. It results in 44 deaths and over 1,300 emergency room visits daily—over 16,000 deaths a year.

In 2013, over 9.3 million Americans had serious thoughts of suicide during that year. During that same year, 43.8 million adults (age 18 or older) experienced a diagnosable mental illness as 2.7 million (1.1%) made suicide plans and 1.3 million (0.6%) attempted suicide.

“The report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) also finds that 10 million adults experienced a serious mental illness and 15.7 million adults experienced a major depressive episode in 2013″. These results continued the same trend as was found in 2012, when the findings reached astronomical levels.

In 2013, major depressive episodes affected approximately one in ten (2.6 million) youth between the ages of 12 to 17. However,, Americans do not get consistent treatment with only 38.1 percent of depressed youths receive treatment for serious clinical depression. The SAMSHA Report found that, approximately 34.6 million adults (this represents 14.6% of all American adults) received mental health care. These number are significantly escalated over the period covering 2002-2011. According to the new report, 44.7% of adults with any mental illness and 68.5 percent of adults with serious mental illness received mental health services.

The number listed above are indeed grim. The rate of mental illness is growing in lockstep with our failed economy. There is a definite correlation between the growing rate of mental illness and our obvious failures as a country. Over 20% of Americans have a diagnosable mental illness. Anywhere from 35-40% are receiving no treatment. This means that when the economy collapses, millions of displaced people with a significant mental illness will greatly exacerbate the coming civil unrest.

There is now evidence that Americans are far more mentally ill than our foreign counterparts.

Do yourself a favor and step aside so the adults can talk.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
a reply to: MysticPearl

There's no evidence that we are more mentally-ill--we have just diagnosed it more. Other countries don't rely on the same diagnostic standards so what you're trying to do is compare apples and oranges.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

It's just when it starts getting in the way of functioning that it gets brought to the attention of professionals.

edit on 11-8-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:53 PM

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

While I don't agree with this determination, if I had to I could find a silver lining for myself....

I find potheads over the age of, say, 25 to be completely obnoxious. So, too bad stoners.

Lol what a hater. Go knit u grandma. Continue to speak in sweeping generalizations - you hate because you can't smoke.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
a reply to: rukia

Thats true, diagnosing mental illness is big business here in the states! Cha-ching!!

Its subjective as opposed to physical disorders so you can get away with it.

Prove youre not depressed.

Prove you dont have a broken bone.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:22 PM
My dopin' days are behind me, thank you very much. Its a wonder I survived. This song tells all...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But the industrial prison complex will lose millions of clients (insert whiny noises)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:18 PM

I'm surprised but I'm not surprised at the same time. The vice grips of the corporate oligarchy are tightening

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:18 PM
a reply to: intrptr

I love Steppenwolf and that song

"Tombstones in their eyes!"

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:05 PM

I was an AT3 in the US Navy...

If you want to compare to compare life experience, you maybe humbled....just saying....

Weed will show up in a drug test,,,crack/co caine will not.
edit on 11-8-2016 by jrod because: Drunk

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
I was hoping the DEA would do the right thing and give it the lowest schedule possible, or at the very least move it one schedule down for starter. I guess it was unreasonable to expect any government agency to willingly give up any power on their own. Those who claim to be for a smaller government and who support the status quo in the failed Drug War are hypocrites, along wit those who think that you can have small government and unlimited immigration (as you will either see the new citizens vote themselves a bigger piece of the pie or original citizens vote for larger government to control the new arrivals).

As an aside, someone close to me was given coc aine as a local anesthetic during a nasal surgery.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM

originally posted by: jrod
Wow....this is beyond ridiculous.

My speculation is the plant is much too profitable for the prison industrial complex to reschedule it.

The DEA needs a serious head check.

Head check? No. I say head removal.
When are we, as Americans, going to stand up to this kind of sh*t ? When do we draw the line? What will be our crates of tea leaves that we dump into the harbor?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:08 PM

I think this can be taken as proof that the DEA and FDA are not acting in the best interests of our nation or Citizens. If they're wrong and lying about this, when it is so ridiculously obvious, we should assume everything they say is opposite.

America: Land of the worst dollar for dollar healthcare system in the galactic supercluster.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:28 PM

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®)–Patient Version
Go to Health Professional Version

See question 6

Federal Government Unwittingly Admits Cannabis Kills Cancer

By Mike Adams April 07, 2015

How pot helped shrink one of the most aggressive brain cancers

Here’s What Science Says About Medical Marijuana

Alice Park @aliceparkny

June 23, 2015

and the Prohibition of Mary Jane is still on

a Magical Planet from what i see...

thanks to the Ending of the Alcohol prohibition

THE US Government had to find a new Source which happen to be

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:48 PM
HERES a clue I use...a certain vegative for medication,I ran OUT last month and people from this forum contacted me because I was ...hostile.
My PTSD began to surface.
Now I am calmer more relaxed .I am self proof THEY ARE lying very badly.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM

depends on the drug test. you can order a panel specific to coke/crack--but the half-life of both are short, so it'd be pretty difficult to catch either unless you knew what to look for. Weed will show up, but only if you have enough of it stored in your body. That means you have to be a pretty regular smoker--smoking around an oz/week. If you do that, yes you will piss dirty. If you only smoke occasionally, you can pass pretty darn easily, even without trying.

So yes, it is an issue for really hardcore stoners. But, like I said, said stoners must be pretty wealthy in the cash department to be able to afford that quantity with regularity. Therefore, they must have income of some sort/are not totally destitute. Which was my point lol

Kinda confused about what you were responding to, though. Life experiences? I don't understand what that has to do with anything right now.
edit on 11-8-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>