It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess
My buddy just uses other people's pee. The "tape it to the thigh and use handwarmers" trick still works there too. Just gotta make sure, if you are a guy and get pee from a girl, that the person isn't pregnant. Lol.

edit on 11-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
I'm more in the decriminalization camp. I do think that harmless drugs like marijuana, acid, or mushrooms should be 100% legal (hell might as well throw ecstasy in there too), but there are some very NASTY drugs out there that we shouldn't be promoting the use of. For those drugs we just decriminalize them. In that sense users don't go to jail, but sellers DO go to jail. Unfortunately for the cartels though, this won't legalize their trade.

PS: Even 100% legal drugs wouldn't legitimize the cartels. They've since branched out into other evils like slave trade, carting people over the borders, counterfeiting, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

That's just really, really bad logic. Last I read, there was a rough estimate of close to 60% of business drug test now a days. And, most of them are Urinary Analysis, not swabs. Also, body type and a whole lot more factors pertain to how much THC is stored in your blood and fat, so, saying that someone failed because they're on some hard stuff, or that they must be rich to afford so much weed is a very ignorant, arrogant and judgmental comment that doesn't really add to the discussion at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Why would they have to apologize to anyone? There are many factors and stimuli that contribute to mental illness arising in an individual... To blame a plant for that is just pathetic. Sure if you are already genetically predisposed to mental illness, CANNABIS, not pot, can accelerate the symptoms and onset of the illness. But to just completely flat out blame pot smokers for making some imaginary caretakers life harder is just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: GoShredAK

It's usually a solid solution as long as you aren't being screened for a government or federal job. Reason being they can't watch you piss so you can just crotch it, or tape it to your thigh and they'll never know. Now, that of course all depends on the integrity of the product you buy and if you warm it to the correct temperature. Too hot, its a problem, not hot enough, its a problem.

They aren't cheap either. The only one I trusted in my younger days was 40-50 bucks

Worth it however to get the jobs I had.

-Alee

I have a family member who swears by that technique. I feel like I would get too anxious.

I have mastered the technique of dilution. Just drink water and other random drinks until your peeing every 20 minutes. An hour or so before the test drink a rockstar or just take some b vitamins so your sample isn't obviously clear.

That's the basic idea. Not for everybody, it takes discipline and you gotta know your body, but I have reason to believe some people have a 100% success rate with this technique.

There are other minor details I am not mentioning.

edit on 11-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

ETA: I should add....you're not supposed to eat! Its basically a major liquid fast (not to the point of water intoxication) supplemented with many vitamins and minerals, most especially those of the B variety (cause it makes your pee yellow) it takes time and is a bit uncomfortable. So if you don't have a couple hours to get diluted you're pwnd (or must go the substitution route)

ETA: I discovered that those "magic" detox drinks sold at head shops are literally just a guide to dilution. You are instructed to drink a gallon of water over a period of time and end it the the special drink which if fortified with b vitamins....hmmmmmm.

I wish there was a market for a dilution coach.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Its second in line to process after Obama's

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Obama's legacy just keeps getting worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Only thing I have to say is # the DEA.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's usually a solid solution as long as you aren't being screened for a government or federal job. Reason being they can't watch you piss so you can just crotch it, or tape it to your thigh and they'll never know. Now, that of course all depends on the integrity of the product you buy and if you warm it to the correct temperature. Too hot, its a problem, not hot enough, its a problem. They aren't cheap either. The only one I trusted in my younger days was 40-50 bucks Worth it however to get the jobs I had.

The neighbor's kid and a sample size mouthwash bottle are practically free. Fever tapes for a kid's forehead stick on the bottle quite nicely.

But why the hell should we have to go through it? Before I had to stop working I held down a middle management job and made great money. It was never an issue of any kind. But since the leftovers from my evening relaxation were still in my blood.... Ridiculous.

I live in Missouri - which is perennially right on the edge of doing something. Geez - maybe next year. I'll stand outside Walmart with a clipboard as soon as I find out when the next petition is.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Figures as much shared in a prior thread on the news;

However, the only source of this information is an anonymous lawyer with knowledge of the matter: The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will reclassify marijuana as a “Schedule Two” drug on August 1, 2016, essentially legalizing medicinal cannabis in all 50 states with a doctor’s prescription, said a DEA lawyer with knowledge of the matter.

Shouldn’t we be excited? Not quite, as this “news” is unlikely to be true. The entire article — which has since been cited as fact by several pro-cannabis blogs — is speculation and rumor from a source that is identified only as “The DEA Lawyer.”
www.abovetopsecret.com...
See other post sin it and other related threads as well.

Big Pharma and the Prison Industrial Complex have to much to lose otherwise.

Keep pushing decriminalization, to medical to legalization for states now.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Big Pharma's got Big Money

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Oh yeah. The ruling was certainly wonky but definitely the easier one to make. If the court sided with Brandon dozens more cases would have happened instantly and state specific statutes would have to be made like crazy. This would lead to some companies perhaps pulling out of the state for fear of federal government ramifications. The whole thing is is ridiculous.

It would have caused a sh*t storm if the ruling went the other way regardless it is a storm that needs to be confronted sooner or later if the legal states stick to their guns. And with the tax revenue - they will be.

At this point 25 states as well as D.C. have medical marijuana laws on the books. 2 years from now itll be the majority of states. At that point federal laws on medical need to happen imo.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just gotta make sure, if you are a guy and get pee from a girl, that the person isn't pregnant.

Well.... except they don't check for that. Only drugs.

link   
Trust me, I agree that there are a lot of horrible substances out there. In fact, I don't use any drugs at all because I personally reject all of them, alcohol & mary jane included. However, I like the concept of people being able to grow their own medicine and I'm intrigued by the possibilities of cannabis oils. Plus, as long as people aren't harming others and are of a legal age, I don't care what people do to themselves.

However, I can't agree with jailing sellers while not also jailing users. I think it has to be both or neither. Otherwise, this will just continue the profiling aspect of the War on Drugs. As it stands, ethnic minorities make up a minority of drug users, but we're harassed & profiled more often through drug enforcement laws. And even though we're less likely have contraband, we're more likely to be stopped on suspicions of having contraband.

In short, I don't trust our biased law enforcement & criminal justice systems to enforce that law equally. If 2 citizens of different ethnic demographics were caught w/equal amounts of a substance, one would be more likely to be charged with "intent to sell" as opposed to being let go for "personal use". This already happens right now with the stop rates, "arrests vs getting warnings" rates, incarceration sentencings, probation approval rates, etc. I've seen no reason whatsoever to believe they'll suddenly start enforcing the new laws any differently.

These are the same systems that gleefully push "Stop & Frisk", "redlining", "broken windows", and "jump out" policies disproportionately against minorities. And under your proposal, they'd be receiving much less funding for War on Drugs programs, so they'd likely try to make up the difference elsewhere (like through increased fines, asset forfeitures, etc). And guess which demographics always make the easiest targets for that?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I have mastered the technique of dilution. Just drink water and other random drinks until your peeing every 20 minutes. An hour or so before the test drink a rockstar or just take some b vitamins so your sample isn't obviously clear.

The problem with dilution is that some labs check for specific gravity in the sample. If it's too low, you have to retest - or fail.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This county makes a ton from harassing pot users. Up to 35g is a misdemeanor, but you still have to bond out of jail. If you spend any time in the county jail, you have to pay the county back for your room and board upon release. Not paying your board bill is also a jailable offense.

Nice circle they have going there.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
But see selling is a blatant violation of the law. You are profiting off of other people's weaknesses. It is ALWAYS a decision that someone makes of their own will. With using you can chalk it up to not knowing better or even addiction. Of course I'm not suggesting that users get off the hook here without ANY consequences. Decriminalization doesn't mean legal. It's still technically illegal. Thus you can get fines or even court ordered attendance at rehab if you are caught using.

It's just that throwing someone in a jail cell and forgetting about them for a few years isn't going to achieve the desired result of getting the person to stop using. You need attention and assistance. Addiction is a disease and shouldn't be scoffed at. Plus putting people in jail for using is like putting people in jail for have diabetes.

edit on 11-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

Just gotta make sure, if you are a guy and get pee from a girl, that the person isn't pregnant.

Well.... except they don't check for that. Only drugs.

That depends on the drug test you are taking and who is administering it really.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

While Marijuana is legal in Washington State for personal use, there are still a number of issues surrounding it. For example, tenants who receive Federal aid to assist with their rent payments are forbidden to possess or consume Marijuana (even if they have a medical authorization card) in their rental unit. Their neighbors (in the same building), who do not receive Federal assistance can consume all they want for recreational purposes without risk of eviction (unless stated otherwise in their lease agreement).

This is just another loophole that landlords can use to target low-income/disabled tenants that they may want to remove from their property for whatever reason. My own opinion is that I would rather have weed smoking neighbors than alcohol consuming neighbors any day/night.

edit on 8112016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join