It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Also, keep in mind that many top alcohol distributors today were bootleggers during the 30's. Hell the Kennedy fortune was made on the back of bootlegging.

So by the same token, if everything became legal than cartels could also have incentive to just go legit. I'm sure a few wouldn't mind doing so. Though I'm sure many will continue to do illegal activities on the side.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Big pharma wins again !

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
a reply to: GoShredAK

Or substitution. I wouldn't want the PITA of giving an over-diluted sample.

That's what vitamins are for.

Substitute for what exactly? Everything else wreaks havoc on ones life.

ETA: Nm I'm stupid.
edit on 11-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

He's talking about either using fake pee or someone else's pee coupled with hand warmers to get it to the right temperature.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think the DEA has outlived any usefulness it may have had to society. Time to abolish that vipers nest.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Should be treated like tomatoes.

Grow as much as you want. Give it away.

Just don't sell it.

Unless of course you are at a farmers market or co op.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This news is really quite sad, for me and others like me.

when in highschool ( long long ago ) I was BIG into Volleyball and Softball. At some point during that time I screwed up both of my shoulders ( Torn rotator cuff), they never healed right, mostly because I wouldn't give them the time they needed, I was an athlete, I couldn't just stop, even to heal ( I was young and stupid ).

It's been over 10 years and I live with pain from the base of my skull down both arms and shoulders, and down to the center of my back, because of many different reasons, due to the original injury.

I also suffer from anxiety.

using cannabis (the right kind) relieves my pain like no opioid I have ever been on has, both the physical and the emotional. I vape mine, it doesn't hurt my throat as much and from what I hear it's healthier, though honestly I doubt there has been enough research into that.

One, just one inhale relieves my pain for most of the day ( if it's the right kind of strain ) and one to two "puffs" helps me sleep pain free all night long. Some days I don't even need to use till later in the day, or till bedtime.
It has helped me get back to being active and strengthen back up the muscles and tendons in my back and shoulders. I don't get stoned, or really high, I have kids to care for and work to do. Rx painkillers wire me out in all the wrong ways and have practically destroyed my kidneys over the years.

I know that it's not for everyone, just like pain killers are not for everyone. If you don't like it or know that it causes issues when you are on it, don't take it. It's really simple.

I just wish that I didn't run the risk of going to jail every time I take my own medical care into my own two hands. I wish that it was easier to go to a doc and get a rx for a plant that works, but instead here I am with a rx for morphine. which is highly addictive and makes it personally hard to function during the day, and wires me out and keeps me up most of the night.

I am not a pothead, a stoner, a junkie, etc. I am your typical former athlete who is 30 years old and is falling apart due to former injuries and the pain meds prescribed to me.

It is expensive, and I have often thought of growing my own, but I won't, that's a bigger no no than just ingesting it. But it works, I can attest to that, and others can too. For some that it hasn't worked for or caused for a condition to worsen, it's probably not for them, just like alcohol and painkillers don't work for me.

Descheduling even to a schedule 2 would have opened the doors for more research, it would have made it more accessible for people to do the research. yes some of the restrictions have been lifted for research but not much. It will still be a pain to get the necessary funding and signatures and such to even start researching it for something.

And for what? Money?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: GoShredAK

He's talking about either using fake pee or someone else's pee coupled with hand warmers to get it to the right temperature.

Oh, my mistake. I agree that's a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It's usually a solid solution as long as you aren't being screened for a government or federal job. Reason being they can't watch you piss so you can just crotch it, or tape it to your thigh and they'll never know. Now, that of course all depends on the integrity of the product you buy and if you warm it to the correct temperature. Too hot, its a problem, not hot enough, its a problem.

They aren't cheap either. The only one I trusted in my younger days was 40-50 bucks

Worth it however to get the jobs I had.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Same old bs. It strikes me as amazing the number of people that vote democrat specifically becauae they think democrats are against rhe drug war. Ha! Consume those lies.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

This is literally a crime against humanity. The human body's immune system NEEDS endocannabinoids. In fact, the human body has two types of endocannabinoid receptors (ECRs) -- ECR1 for the endocannabinoid THC, which regulates pain and seizures and such; and ECR2 for the endocannabinoids CBG, CBD, CBC, etc, which stimulates/activates the immune system to fight infections and even cancer. Our bodies NEED endocannabinoids and cannabis is the best source for those endocannabinoids..

I believe someone could make a very good case that we are literally suffering endocannabinoid deficiency in that endocannabinoids are absolutely essential for our bodies to maintain good health, and to fight off disease. I'm not the one to do it, but I did write one thread long ago regarding endocannabinoids and our immune system:

Autism and Cancer and Viruses and Endocannabinoids... oh my!

Further information:

Emerging Role of the CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor in Immune Regulation and Therapeutic Prospects
Crucial Role of CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor in the Regulation of Central Immune Responses during Neuropathic Pain

People are needlessly suffering -- and DYING!!! -- because a natural plant that never killed anyone has been criminalized for all the wrong reasons (mainly greed and fear). Studies going back to the 1950s have shown that cannabis is effective in vitro against MRSAs (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus), but further study has been blocked by laws criminalizing its study. How many people have died from MRSAs in the last 60 years, and continue to die because they cannot get the medicine they need (but which grows like a "weed" all over the world)? How many people are self-medicating and thus putting themselves in criminal jeopardy for just trying to save their life -- to which we all have a natural INALIENABLE right???

I truly believe there is a special place in hell for those responsible for this crime against humanity.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2016 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 11-8-2016 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: wantsome

then get educated

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Very true. I actually hope the cartels, gangs, and independent dealers will go completely legal over it. I'd even be in favor of a 6 month or 1 year amnesty for drug related crimes to be a further incentive for this (add some startup tax breaks, if need be).

Maybe having to compete against a legal domestic market would encourage them to focus on premium strands or improved products. For example, anyone with a stove and basic ingredients can make bread from scratch. But that doesn't stop most people from still buying brand name breads from stores. And even though we (my family) grow our own tomatoes, we still buy products that have tomatoes in them.

But we'd still need to allow citizens to grow their own crops, even if just mary jane. I can understand banning the processing of some products (like meth), since it's a risk to every other home or structure in the area. But I don't see the need for regulating the growing of products that are simply plants. So maybe selling would still require a special business license, specific products can only be done in approved facilities, and simple crops can still be grown in a garden, greenhouse, etc?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Whoever said the Democratic Party is against the drug war? The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are in favor of the Drug War at the national level. Both parties have implemented and maintained it. There are individuals in each party that are against it, but that stance still defies each party's actual nationwide policies. So your argument goes for the Republican Party, too.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Its not the money that's made on illegal pot, its the money made on legal prescription drugs they push. What would happen to the market for Xanax if marijuana were legal?

The only truth that gets 'truthier' than this?

Jesus is the son of God.

Where's the birth certificate?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

This is literally a crime against humanity. The human body's immune system NEEDS endocannabinoids. In fact, the human body has two types of endocannabinoid receptors (ECRs) -- ECR1 for the endocannabinoid THC, which regulates pain and seizures and such; and ECR2 for the endocannabinoids CBG, CBD, CBC, etc, which stimulates/activates the immune system to fight infections and even cancer. Our bodies NEED endocannabinoids and cannabis is the best source for those endocannabinoids..

I believe someone could make a very good case that we are literally suffering endocannabinoid deficiency in that endocannabinoids are absolutely essential for our bodies to maintain good health, and to fight off disease. I'm not the one to do it, but I did write one thread long ago regarding endocannabinoids and our immune system:

Autism and Cancer and Viruses and Endocannabinoids... oh my!

Further information:

Emerging Role of the CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor in Immune Regulation and Therapeutic Prospects
Crucial Role of CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor in the Regulation of Central Immune Responses during Neuropathic Pain

People are needlessly suffering -- and DYING!!! -- because a natural plant that never killed anyone has been criminalized for all the wrong reasons (mainly greed and fear). Studies going back to the 1950s have shown that cannabis is effective in vitro against MRSAs (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus), but further study has been blocked by laws criminalizing its study. How many people have died from MRSAs in the last 60 years, and continue to die because they cannot get the medicine they need (but which grows like a "weed" all over the world)? How many people are self-medicating and thus putting themselves in criminal jeopardy for just trying to save their life -- to which we all have a natural INALIENABLE right???

I truly believe there is a special place in hell for those responsible for this crime against humanity.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That's okay. I took it upon myself to reschedule it in my world, decades ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Trump has flip flopped but in his passed he did often speak of logical legalization being the answer to an economic recovery.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join