It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Its not the money that's made on illegal pot, its the money made on legal prescription drugs they push. What would happen to the market for Xanax if marijuana were legal?
This has to be one of their biggest factors. At least getting your weed from an average dealer would usually be safer than anything the Govt would directly be in on. In all reality they allow it to be heavily marketed, glorified, and distributed. Not without getting their piece of the pie of course. I have no moral issues or any other issue with RESPONSIBLE ADULT use. It's proven to be quite damaging to teenage brains. This is all worth regular discussions but we likely won't see any big national law changes on it unless they could profit more or gain more power by doing so. Nothing competes with the increasingly corrupt pharma industry when it comes to evil and profits. Also remember marijuana encourages independent thought. Seems that fact should terrify the elitists, to be short and blunt. Dear America: Stay sick, stupid, and distracted. SINcerely yours, Uncle Sam.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
It's proven to be quite damaging to teenage brains.

Actually this is wrong. There is data that SUGGESTS that there may be some long term damage to people who start smoking in their teens. But this hasn't been proven nor is the brain damage even serious even if it is true.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Heres my thoughts on mj.

you are either a troll or very very uninformed. . . . . . .aka dumb as a bag of 💩

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Let's ask pres Obama.

Wasn't he the chief cheef in college?

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Oh it's so funny listening to all the potheads on ATS defend their precious.

Definitely has medicinal purposes, shouldn't be schedule 1, but it's also harmful to many out there.

How do you explain the fact that I fully endorse this plant and have not potheaded in at least 25 years and am in fact responsible for administering D&A tests?

Or am I still suffering from residual effects?

Just because you disagree with it, does not make it wrong.
I'll explain it it's because psychologically your still a mj smoker even though you quit. Same as heroin addicts even though they quit they'll be an addict their entire life. Even though I don't smoke and it's been 20 years deep down I still have an affinity for it. That's part of being an addict but being able to recognize it is one of the steps to recovery.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Maybe "Big Beer" but as a craft brewer myself and everyone else I know in the industry is pro cannabis.

The two things were made for each other as "proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I THINK that's a Ben Franklin quote about beer.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Let's ask pres Obama.

Wasn't he the chief cheef in college?

At least he's inhaled.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This bullsh#t all started with Nixon.

The bull# began with Henry J. Anslinger and his racist crusade against marijuana. Nixon just continued to carry the torch.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Actually this is wrong. There is data that SUGGESTS that there may be some long term damage to people who start smoking in their teens. But this hasn't been proven nor is the brain damage even serious even if it is true.

I told my daughter that if she wants to smoke, she should wait till she's finished with school and established in a career. It can be a great stress-reducer.

I also told her that when I smoked a lot as a kid, that it really affected my short term memory and motivation. And it did, at least for me. I quit for many years and started again after my body started to fall apart. I'm off of strong opioids for chronic pain now.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Definitely has medicinal purposes, shouldn't be schedule 1, but it's also harmful to many out there.

How do you explain the fact that I fully endorse this plant and have not potheaded in at least 25 years and am in fact responsible for administering D&A tests?

I'll explain it it's because psychologically your still a mj smoker even though you quit. Same as heroin addicts even though they quit they'll be an addict their entire life. Even though I don't smoke and it's been 20 years deep down I still have an affinity for it. That's part of being an addict but being able to recognize it is one of the steps to recovery.

You can back this up with facts right and not just your personal opinion?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Even though I don't smoke and it's been 20 years deep down I still have an affinity for it.

You're not an addict if you simply remember how much you enjoyed something and wouldn't mind doing it again.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Government control. That's all it is.

You gonna let them get away with it ... or are you gonna kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out? From the way I see it ... those are the only two choices you got.

This topic will fade away very quickly ... because you're programmed to forget.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That is only true for substances that have physical addictions. Marijuana usually doesn't give you a physical addiction. It's almost always a psychological addiction.

You don't seem to understand how drugs work.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

--Although, you'd have to be a pretty stupid pothead to not pass a urine screen lol

Dilution

Oooh or is it cheek swab? My good friend just passed one of those and he smoked right before going to the test lol

Mouthwash

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

I told my daughter that if she wants to smoke, she should wait till she's finished with school and established in a career. It can be a great stress-reducer.

Fair enough. I'm just clarifying what the studies on this have said. She is your daughter and you have every right to parent her how you want in regards to this plant. I'm just glad you aren't one of those hypocritical parents that smoked when they were a kid but expect their kids to walk the straight and narrow all the time.

I also told her that when I smoked a lot as a kid, that it really affected my short term memory and motivation. And it did, at least for me. I quit for many years and started again after my body started to fall apart. I'm off of strong opioids for chronic pain now.

Awesome. Good job. But keep in mind that the short term memory loss and lack of motivation are just short term effects. They aren't permanent (as I'm sure you became aware of when you quit for a while).

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Or substitution. I wouldn't want the PITA of giving an over-diluted sample.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

be rich/have a lot of cash to be able to afford the amount they'd need to test dirty

That's kinda silly. One rip, for free, can have you dirty for a month.
edit on 11-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm in a similar situation. My neurologist has been prescribing medicines that when combined have killed countless people. Marijuana has changed my life though because of my cultural upbringing makes me embarrassed. Stupid...

Because of the schedule of MJ studies cannot be done on the plant in the us. DEA is likely funded because of MJ so it seems an act of both the legislative and executive would be needed.

Wonder if federally anything could change with the heavy hand of big pharma.

link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Thats ok I can't stand alchoholics,they are a drain on the medical system,they are obnoxious and normally overweight

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Just for the record, cartels wouldn't go out of business if everything was legal. They'd just use front companies to export it legally to the US (not to mention their other sources of income). And with Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians all being in favor of free trade, there wouldn't be tariffs or other legal obstacles to stop their new legal export business.

And the illegal trade would still exist if our country required intricate licenses to manufacture them, like we already do with alcohol. Imagine a legal opium trade if only licensed US companies could grow it here and process it.

In other words, legalization wouldn't be enough. Citizens would have to be able to grow it too, though how much we could grow could be up for debate. Otherwise, we're just legalizing the cartels' business or shifting their profits over to our tobacco and alcohol manufactures (since they already have large growing, processing, and distribution systems in place).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join