It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Republicans Who Used To Run The EPA Are Terrified Of Trump, Too

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Really? You must have trouble hearing her....at the 19 second mark she clearly states "We are going to put a lot of coal miners and coal mines out of business."

But as EVERY Clinton supporter I have found you walk around

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

They are not exactly "senior officials," and you can't really make any conclusions about their agenda.

No?

I'll bet if you look hard enough you can find the same GOP officials having once taken the position that climate change is not a top priority, and that it is not anthropogenic.

So again, the fact that they flip flop on the issue in an act of endorsement of HRC tells me everything I need to know about them.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The GOP is terrified?

good; these control freaks need to be reigned in..

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The US political system needs to be shaken to its core. If that means trump crashes it then so be it. I am tired of the good ole boys running the country.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hopefully Trump has been briefed on his detractors
pseudo-scientific ideas such as global warming/ climate
change that has facilitated unelected officials
implementing sustainable development nonsense.

These ideologues are not public servants, and
could care less if their policies, and land-use
planning limits from The Bureau of Land
Management limit economic growth.

They have been taking land like it's Christmas.
Especially in places like Nevada, Texas and
Oklahoma.

Only stupid people fail to understand that
LAND produces economic growth, and we
presently have an out of control Government
that continues to reduce the American citizens
opportunity for economic growth.

It's about time Americans kicked dysfunctional
politics out of the White House.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Martin75

And as far as the EPA, that is something I would NOT stand proud of. I live in West Virginia, guess what I think about the f*&%G EPA.....

It's not the EPA that is costing coal miners their jobs. It is the greed of the coal company executives and the rise of cheap natural gas, thanks to fracking. There is nothing the Donald can do to revive the mining industry. No electrical company will burn expensive, dirty coal when they can get clean, cheap natural gas. Sorry. The only way forward for West Virginia is a massive job retraining program.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh really, "it's not the EPA that is costing coal miners their jobs."
That is a laugh riot.
Where exactly is coal "expensive"?
www.eia.gov...
As you can see on this chart the increase in costs is not because it costs more to operate or for maintenance or upkeep the costs are DIRECTLY related to EPA regulation.
Allowing the govt to decide which fuel is the "right" choice is folly.

Were it not for govt payouts the power generated by windturbines would be so expensive no one would choose to buy it.
Obamas EPA regulations were no more than means to transfer wealth from one provider to another. More specifically a way to ensure his donors had a way to recoup the investment they made in his candidacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
when the Wisconsin Ice Sheet was down in America. I can hear Al Gore's Great to the 50th power grandfather. If we don't stop global warming, New York Island will be ice free in the future

The climate is always in flux.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The EPA 2015 budget was 8.1 Billion dollars.

These federal departments with huge budgets, no oversight, unregulated spending are the reason why our country is in the mess it's in. It'd be nice if someone came along and slashed the budget. Trimmed the fat.

Or eliminated the departments all together.

And what fat do you propose trimming from the EPA if anything instances like Flint Michigan prove the EPA is too weak, because they couldn't stop what happened even though they knew what the result would be, and that's their primary job.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Flint was piss poor management and had nothing to do with EPA budgets.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Flint was piss poor management and had nothing to do with EPA budgets.

Management was allowed to do what they did, because the EPA was rendered powerless.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

If you're trying to convince me that the EPA needs more money then let me save you some time.

If 8 billion isn't enough, then they're doing it wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You are either uninformed about the issue or being deliberately disingenuous.
dailycaller.com...

Media reports, however, noted EPA officials responsible for overseeing drinking water quality knew about the lead problems in Flint since at least April 2015, but the agency did nothing to notify the public. The agency also took no enforcement actions against Michigan regulators until January 2016. Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And why did they do nothing?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If you're trying to convince me that the EPA needs more money then let me save you some time.

If 8 billion isn't enough, then they're doing it wrong.

Sure, then I won't try and convince you. I'll just ask you to justify your point. If $8 billion is too much, I'm sure you can point out where cuts can be made, and how much those cuts are worth? Or do you just want something for ideological reasons without knowing the details and logistics of it?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Because if they said something they would be admitting they had no clue what they were doing or what was happening in flint.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because if they said something they would be admitting they had no clue what they were doing or what was happening in flint.

Is the problem is that the EPA is powerless as you say, is the solution to remove their funding or to give them some actual teeth?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I said clueless not powerless.
Remember the mine out west that polluted a river a few years ago? The epa did that because they are inept.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 11-8-2016 by Bluntone22 because: link

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

And why did they do nothing?

lol seriously? You want my opinion about why the EPA did nothing about flint?

Because in the last 8 years the EPA has been changed from an entity that is to ensure the environment is taken care of; to a political entity used to undermine and destroy those in opposition to the obama administraion.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
dont they know anyone who criticizes trump is automatically bad all of a sudden...
---according to the trump cult followers who have no clue of politics....

the next person or group to criticize trump will be the devil incarnate . and i can prove it easily.... until the next Trump critic
edit on 11-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The task force, however, laid most of the blame for Flint’s lead crisis at the feet of state regulators who improperly applied federal rules to the city’s water. Michigan regulators refused to listen to Flint residents or federal officials about lead problems for months.
“MDEQ bears primary responsibility for the water contamination in Flint,” the task force found.

EPA officials were hesitant to hand over money to Flint to ameliorate its lead problems because of Flint’s sordid financial history.

A state problem.

From another source

Much of the problem can be attributed to a change in policy on the part of the federal government, which reduced funding for water and wastewater systems by 80 percent between 1977 and 2014. As a result of those cuts, consumers have been forced to bear most of the burden of paying for the repair and replacement of aging water infrastructure, causing rates to soar. One particularly stunning survey of 100 municipalities by USA Today in 2012 found that water prices had doubled in more than a quarter of the cities since 2000, and even tripled in several others.
With the federal government filling in only a fraction of the gaps, municipal systems’ solution of choice has been to dump rising infrastructure costs on customers by raising prices. But cities have also been exploring other options, including privatizing their water systems (which James Kelly explores in his article about New Jersey’s recent water privatization push) and switching over to cheaper water sources, as Flint has done. Rarely, however, have the changes offered much benefit; frequently, they have made the situation worse.

We have had decades where the narrative is that the federal govt should do less, not more. Reagan's nine "most terrifying" words, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' We have seen escalating Koch Libertarian ideology add to his words with "make govt small enough to drown it in a bath tub" and ultimately to privatize every function of govt except military and police.

Flint is the model for letting states handle problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join