It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Republicans Who Used To Run The EPA Are Terrified Of Trump, Too

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

“Donald Trump has shown a profound ignorance of science and of the public health issues embodied in our environmental laws,” William Ruckelshaus, who served as the EPA administrator under presidents Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan, and William Reilly, who served under President George H. W. Bush, said in a joint statement. “He hasn’t a clue about Republicans’ historic contributions to science-driven environmental policy.”

Ruckelshaus and Reilly noted that past Republican presidents made major advancements in environmental protection. But Trump “threatens to destroy that legacy,” they wrote.

Nixon created the EPA and signed the 1970 Clean Air Act into law. Reagan ratified the Montreal Protocol, which began phasing out chemicals that deplete the ozone layer. And George H. W. Bush signed the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, addressing acid rain.

Ruckelshaus and Reilly also criticized Trump’s dismissal of climate change as a “hoax” created by the Chinese government, and his pledge to pull the U.S. out of the international agreement on climate change reached in Paris last year. Withdrawing from the climate agreement, they said, “would set the world back decades.”

Source. [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

The Republican Party has a long history of respect for science and the environment. Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican, founded the National Park Service exactly 100 years ago. As an outdoorsman, he had an appreciation for the wilderness, and knew that it was one of America's greatest treasures. Dwight Eisenhower moved the former Office of Scientific Research and Development into the White House, renaming it the President's Science Advisory Committee. He went on to transform NACA into NASA. As noted above, Richard Nixon founded the EPA.

Back when the Republican Party represented the Establishment, they understood the value of science and technology to society and the nation. Since the "Reagan Revolution," however, they have increasingly sold out to special interests, from Big Coal to Christian Fundamentalists. Trump's rejection of science is the logical conclusion to this trend. There are no facts, only opinions.
edit on 11-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You mean the single party establishment who is interested in maintaining the state leviathan?

I agree. They are terrified.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
The GOP is terrified? Good than Trump is doing his job. I hope they are quivering!

And as far as the EPA, that is something I would NOT stand proud of. I live in West Virginia, guess what I think about the f*&%G EPA.....

Ruckelshaus and Reilly also criticized Trump’s dismissal of climate change as a “hoax” created by the Chinese government,

And I'm sorry....I didn't realize Climate Change was a Rep thing...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wait...I thought you guys always accused Republicans of being anti science. Now, you want to say they're geniuses and have supported it all along?

"Sold out to special interests" ? coughcough Clinton Foundation coughcough

Big Coal?
Pot, meet Kettle.

www.greenpeace.org...

All told, the campaign to elect Hillary Clinton for president in 2016 has received more than $6.9 million from lobbyists, bundlers, and large donors connected to the fossil fuel industry.

There are no facts, only opinions.

You got that right.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

And as far as the EPA, that is something I would NOT stand proud of. I live in West Virginia, guess what I think about the f*&%G EPA.....

It's not the EPA that is costing coal miners their jobs. It is the greed of the coal company executives and the rise of cheap natural gas, thanks to fracking. There is nothing the Donald can do to revive the mining industry. No electrical company will burn expensive, dirty coal when they can get clean, cheap natural gas. Sorry. The only way forward for West Virginia is a massive job retraining program.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Wait...I thought you guys always accused Republicans of being anti science. Now, you want to say they're geniuses and have supported it all along?

Reading comprehension issues? I said they used to support science.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You mean the single party establishment who is interested in maintaining the state leviathan?

I agree. They are terrified.

No, I mean the Establishment that wants the United States to have a future.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Let me guess...you live no where near mines.

Obama & Clinton pledged to run the coal mines outta business. One pledge they seem to uphold. They have regulated the mines out of business. Carbon taxes are killing us. Retraining is a joke! It's just a funnel of government money helping no one. I would be glad to give you a tour and explain it to you any time you like.

(post by Nikola014 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The EPA 2015 budget was 8.1 Billion dollars.

These federal departments with huge budgets, no oversight, unregulated spending are the reason why our country is in the mess it's in. It'd be nice if someone came along and slashed the budget. Trimmed the fat.

Or eliminated the departments all together.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The more of this I see, the more convinced I am the Donald is on the right track. All of the establishment is quaking in their boot because someone who doesn't play their games has a chance at upending the applecart.

Thing is, too many people don't see that all of the apples are rotten to the core and the apple cart needs to be emptied.

I would have not been surprised to see a very similar reaction had Bernie actually been given a fair shake by the DNC and become the nominee; but we all know he was never going to be allowed the chance.

Trump is stepping on all the right toes, threads like this that crop up daily testify to that.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Let me guess...you live no where near mines.

You guess wrong; my state is the fourth largest producer of coal in the country, and I follow the economics of the industry very closely.

Obama & Clinton pledged to run the coal mines outta business. One pledge they seem to uphold.

That is a distortion of what they said. They predicted that the coal mining industry's days are nearly over. That is an accurate assessment.

They have regulated the mines out of business.

No, the mining company executives have made incredibly poor business choices. They wasted time and money on disinformation campaigns and bribery, instead of acknowledging the future and finding a way forward. For example, they could have expanded into mining metals, or poured money into R&D that would increase coal's use as a feedstock for the chemical industry.

Carbon taxes are killing us.

Then why aren't they killing the fracking industry?

Retraining is a joke! It's just a funnel of government money helping no one.

No, wasting federal funds on "carbon capture" is a joke. Why is it okay for the coal executives to line their pockets with taxpayer money, but you think that a program that helps individuals is morally bankrupt?

I would be glad to give you a tour and explain it to you any time you like.

I can literally arrange to give you a tour, but you will ave to let go of the lies you have been swallowing.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The EPA 2015 budget was 8.1 Billion dollars.

These federal departments with huge budgets, no oversight, unregulated spending are the reason why our country is in the mess it's in. It'd be nice if someone came along and slashed the budget. Trimmed the fat.

Or eliminated the departments all together.

In your opinion. I disagree.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Once again, there is validation that the extreme Koch Wing, The Libertarian Party wing, has taken over control of the GOP.
The Libertarian platform "We demand the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency".
Trump "I may cut....Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace. Every week they come out with new regulations."

In the extreme right wing la-la-land utopian pipe dream Koch vision, you take care of environmental concerns by going to court. Let it happen, and then sue!

First, dezinformatsiya. After delegitimization campaign, then elimination. The Koch family abhorred Communism, but purposefully used the old Communist USSR tactics to get their way. Their brave new world is almost here.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Trump is stepping on all the right toes, threads like this that crop up daily testify to that.

What part of the OP do you disagree with? Have you even read it?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So you're bashing Trump because the "Establishment" is running scared?

BRAVO!!!

Hilarious that no matter who is in charge R or D, the country has just been in a downward spiral and all we hear is we have to STOP the establishment and finally someone has them snipping bricks and we have people begging to keep the same ole same ole establishment?

Priceless!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican, founded the National Park Service exactly 100 years ago.

Teddy Roosevelt was indeed an environmentalist. He is the only POTUS in history to not have a Christmas tree in the White House because he didn't condone cutting them down.

Onto the topic at hand:

The fact that senior GOP officials are throwing the Climate Change denier angle at him tells me they are part of the Globalist agenda to reap the benefits of carbon taxing. That's something I vehemently oppose and so does Trump.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So you're bashing Trump because the "Establishment" is running scared?

No, I am condemning Trump because he is so scientifically illiterate that even representatives of the "anti-science party" cannot accept him.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The fact that senior GOP officials are throwing the Climate Change denier angle at him tells me they are part of the Globalist agenda to reap the benefits of carbon taxing. That's something I vehemently oppose and so does Trump.

They are not exactly "senior officials," and you can't really make any conclusions about their agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join