It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Govt claims it was attacked but not hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
OK. The Australian Govt claims the new Census Computer system was hit with 4 DoS attacks and further claims these were not attacks or hacks.

Apparently they are using some new dictionary only available to politicians.

LINK

The problem they may have is that the normal reporting functions on how the WWW is doing, apparently do not support this Govt claim.

The rest of Australia new damn well that the system would never handle all of Australia getting online virtually all at once to their one website.

Hope proof emerges of their lie. New Govt, first big lie.

Knowing it could be checked, why lie, are they just plain dumb.

P

edit on 11/8/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The boss of the Census gets paid $700,000 a year. What a bloody disgrace

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well they're not wrong, a DDOS attack is not a hack, and even if they were hacked did you really expect your information to be private in the hands of the government? That is why mandatory census programs like this are a bad idea. But getting back to the topic at hand, I find it unusual the DDOS prevention protocols failed. Last night they said on the news they had solved the problem by blocking international traffic but then that system stopped working or something. It feels to me like someone on the inside could have disabled the DDOS prevention stuff. I mean why is it so unclear who carried out the attack and why? Why did most of the traffic come from the US? The theories they've come up with so far are nonsense. I suspect this attack may have been the work of a group like anonymous protesting this type of mass information harvesting, and they had someone on the inside to disable defenses, some real Mr. Robot type crap, haha.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It may not have been a hack or crack but it was definitly an

attack
to act violently against (someone or something) : to try to hurt, injure, or destroy (something or someone)

www.merriam-webster.com...

I mean, come on. It´s even in the definition of the attack. This is hilarous.
edit on 11-8-2016 by verschickter because: formatting

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I think your on the right trail here. At least there had to be some knowledge about the date/time and even networks involved. Nice Mr. Robot reference btw.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

The ABS can claim what it likes, the fact of the matter is, it was ill-equipped to deal with the situation and had no precautionary measures in place to deal with what has become a fairly common practice to bring websites down. Their head of IT should be sacked, or if you want to really punish him - make him drink an entire carton of Fosters and then sack him.

At least I don't have to pay the $180....

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My guess would be China planning mind games if it is true . Attacking the census generates lots of news and Facebook posts over many days. If they were to try to hack another government system it would only be one news report and only the poltically aware would take note. China are pissed off with us at the moment over the Spratlys.

BTW, want to avoid the census? Just tell them you will not be at home on that night. Too late now but for next time.

edit on 11/8/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Well they're not wrong, a DDOS attack is not a hack, and even if they were hacked did you really expect your information to be private in the hands of the government? That is why mandatory census programs like this are a bad idea. But getting back to the topic at hand, I find it unusual the DDOS prevention protocols failed. Last night they said on the news they had solved the problem by blocking international traffic but then that system stopped working or something. It feels to me like someone on the inside could have disabled the DDOS prevention stuff. I mean why is it so unclear who carried out the attack and why? Why did most of the traffic come from the US? The theories they've come up with so far are nonsense. I suspect this attack may have been the work of a group like anonymous protesting this type of mass information harvesting, and they had someone on the inside to disable defenses, some real Mr. Robot type crap, haha.

I don't think you understand.

There is no record of any DoS attacks in Australia for the time periods quoted.

Seems at this stage to be another Govt stuff up and they will blame Russia or China.

P

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Do you have any source for that? I know their is neither one for the article to be really trusted. I´d like to hear something from companies like Norse-Corp (map.norsecorp.com...#/). Not that I would trust them blindly but at least it would be something.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's a false flag. They we're hacked, this was just to distract attention, they don't know they've been hacked yet and possibly never will, unless the data is made public.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It is contained in the link I provided although only hearsay at this point.

One of the reasons for putting it here is for the community to help find and prove the truth.

It may have garnered more interest if the headline read, "Trump and Hillary both did it!"

I guess Hillary wouldn't understand what a DoS attack is because no-one denies her anything.

OK. Back to Australia and the lying Govt.

P

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am surprised that some of our members who know how to look up the internet attacks maps can't chime in with some evidence.

Seems many just don't care about other countries. I am disappointed.

P

top topics

join