It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kick ass songs that I totally forgot (from the 90s).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

In high school I sometimes worked the door at The Library witch was awesome. Mom thought I spent my evenings getting smarter, in stead I was at a bar getting indoctrinated into the Rock n Roll lifestyle. Denton in the 90's was musical bliss. Watching/ hanging out with Todd(Toadies) or the Revered Horton Heat, and of course I could never miss my buddies in Brutal Juice who thank god are back in business. I'll post an old one and a new one from them. They played their video on MTV 120 mins 1 time and they broke up for 15 years, I think they got better with age. The Texas music scene has produced many many greats with a big portion of them going right through my town at UNT or back then NTSU. Meatloaf, Roy Orbison, Nora Jones, and it goes on and on. There is nothing like watching a great band in a tiny venue where you had to help move the pool table to give the band room to set up.

Thanks for bringing up old memories guys n gals, y'all rock just as hard!

An oldie but goody

Another old one

A couple of new ones...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Lots of rock here. Well, I guess its PC.
Men with long hair singing.
Thats some feminism for ya.

No one in to the edm scene we had back then?

Gouryella, solar stone, infected mushroom?

No? All rockers?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can't really do a 90s thread without RATM, what an amazing gig! Starts around 2:30

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ween....saw them at the Huntridge theater growing up in Vegas.

Push th' Little Daisies

Man....Just had a flash back of the stupid things we did growing up.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Were all showing our age now..

For me the 90's was Oasis..

20th anniversary of Knebworth, if you remember being there, you probably weren't.

I never caught them in the 90's, too busy trying to make it in music myself, but caught their last ever gig in the U.K, which was at the Millenium Stadium 2009. They were excellent, but there was a lot of tension between the Gallaghers.

O.P if Kurt Cobain never killed himself, we probably wouldn't have had the Foo Fighters, now there's a live band I would certainly recommend watching.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Dogstar23, here you go! These guys Rawk! I got to see them in 1990... blew my mind that they never "made it" like all the other Seattle bands. They are referred to as the Grand Dads of Grunge because everybody wanted to be them. The reason most grunge songs do not have guitar solos is because nobody could play like these guys so nobody tried! The second song is from their first album to give all of you an example of their guitar prowess (there are more popular songs on that album but I grew to like this one as the best).

Sweetwater - Superstar

Sweetwater - Feel Good

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, so many good songs. Thanks for sharing, everyone. Music isn't what it used to be.

Here's a few more:

edit on 11-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, Kurt's death was really depressing. He had such a unique guitar style to fit his personality, I doubt anyone will ever be able to replicate it.
edit on 11-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

edit on 11-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Souls Of Mischief , 93 till infinity

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Prodigy

Breathe

Groove Armada

Superstylin

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: dogstar23

Dogstar23, here you go! These guys Rawk! I got to see them in 1990... blew my mind that they never "made it" like all the other Seattle bands. They are referred to as the Grand Dads of Grunge because everybody wanted to be them. The reason most grunge songs do not have guitar solos is because nobody could play like these guys so nobody tried! The second song is from their first album to give all of you an example of their guitar prowess (there are more popular songs on that album but I grew to like this one as the best).

Sweetwater - Superstar

Sweetwater - Feel Good

Thanks for the follow up TEOTWAWKI!! Nobody ever seems to remember them, except for a couple of my "cruising" friends who got to hear em on my car stereo constantly. I just dug up the CD recently, along with several hundred other 90's CDs, so this thread has been timely!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Lov'n the Prodigy!
2nd

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

I like Ween's Quebec album.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Dayum... Ween. The Mollusk got me high years before my first hit.

Wasn't baby bitch on chocolate and cheese?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join