It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: President Barack Obama 'Is the Founder of ISIS'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Does HRC and many factions in the ME not support refugees en mass to the United States?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
No , that is generally Canadians living so far out of touch they still live in the last decade...

I'm just going to call this post out as a particularly egregious example of a disgusting trend on ATS of late.

Here we have a newish member, rabidly partisan to the point of being insulting, calling out a more establist member for having the temerity to have an option on a political race that has global consequences.

A person's nationality should have exactly no bearing on their right to share their opinion on a given subject, even if that subject's name rhymes Tronald Dump.

The whole world, barring a smattering of full on mentalists in various countries, sees your precious God-Emperor as the joke he is.

And can we talk for a second about the animal the Trumpettes have decided to co-opt as their macsot or whatever.. the centipede. Sirs, I defy you to find a more disgusting creature.

Perfectly fitting if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Every form and comment section I go to I'm seeing this ridiculous Isis created in 1999 talking point. Not long ago the left and the media and the Democrats were all blaming Bush for its creation. I guess they have to change the story now to protect Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
AQI was formed shortly after the Bush II invasion in 2003.

AQI became ISI (Islamic State of Iraq) while there were still US personnel in country. Check out their video releases from the era - not for the faint of heart. They show all the hallmarks of todays ISIS releases -Slickly producee HD footage of ambushes on Iraqi Army/police, executions. Same music. Same flag.

They became ISIS a couple of years into the Syrian Civil War. Interestingly, they split from AQ around the same time because as far as AQ was considered they already had representation in Syria, Jabhat al Nusra. There were clashes and dead terrorists on both sides of that one. Nusra recently changed their name to Jund al Fateh and ''severed ties'' with AQ, though they still heavily employ suicide bombing, recently used with great success in the breaking of the serge on Alleppo.

TL;DR ISIS is't some new group that spawned out of nowhere. There has been many books, documentaries and newspaper articles written chronicling their rise.
edit on 8/11/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
AQI was formed shortly after the Bush II invasion in 2003

AQI was in Iraq before the invasion. Zarqawi had been organizing for at least a year before we showed up.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Good they need to be called out for arming those thugs.
edit on 11-8-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Denial

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just saying. In world war 1 the Ottoman empire
declared a religious holy Jihad on the west. Everything
you say is true, and I utterly disagree with modern interventionism.
But what was the west supposed to do in the early 1900's when
the Ottoman Empire (Look into the history of the Seljuk turks,
this really wasn't to be taken lightly)
Dismantling the empire and balkanizing it
into ethnic nation states made the most
sense at the time. If anything was done out of spite
it was for Turks taking the side of the Axis in two world wars.
Not saying it's right, but the victors decide the course of history.

(Apologies, removing myself from thread, don't want to derail further)
edit on 11-8-2016 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
See, this is why I support and respect Donald J. Trump. He's not afraid to tell the truth. This right here, is exactly what I've been saying for such a long time.

If not directly, then indirectly, the US, and the whole west is the founder of ISIS. Their war for oil which led to destruction of Iraq, Libya and now Syria is the reason there is ISIS. The US supported ISIS in their battle against Assad. And it's not going to stop, unless mister Trump wins this presidency.

If Hillary wins, the world will enter in a bigger chaos. Not just the world, because I know a lot of Americans don't give a damn about the world, but the US will suffer as well.

Vote your conscious

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yup. Mostly low information, low intelligence voters.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Technically the Donald is right. ISIS originated from the failed foreign policies of Obama in Libya and Syria. We could quibble between semantics of the words 'founder' and 'originating'.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

As long as we don't slip as low as the Hillary fans, we'll be fine.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

To be completely honest I havn't read much up on exactly where/when. I know a little on the how. The point I was trying to make with my OP is that the MSM plasters this everywhere and for a good chunk of time. All the while there are real deeds being done by the opposition that go unreported or fall on deaf ears.

BlueAjah had a really good post also the whole Snowden/Assange,wikileaks deal.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

We could quibble over the semantics of nearly everything the Donald says, he says what he means until he says some other half truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

We could quibble over the semantics of nearly everything the Donald says, he says what he means until he says some other half truth.

Half truth? So please explain how the emergence of ISIS didn't evolve under Obama's watch.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good God...

The history of ISIS/ISIL isn't secret or hard to access, nor are the circumstances that led to it's upsurge and rise - complete with all of the nuances that somehow get endlessly ignored in these discussions. There is no real singular event or factor that can be pointed to as an absolute cause.

The Cliff notes bullet points that do matter, however, are easy to tag.

We ( The US led coalition ) destabilized the region, particularly Iraq - a country that had formerly been very inhospitable to Salafist Sunni fanaticism - creating a vacuum in both power and stability.

We ( The US led coalition ) effectively targeted Al Qaeda - creating instability and a power vacuum in the Wahhabi / Salafist ranks.

We ( The US led coalition ) then inserted Allawi into power in Iraq. Allawi then began a massive purge / disenfranchisement of those from the previous government, the Bathist regime.

The Bathists, largely secular and self-interested grudgingly joined with the Salafist, bringing military experience and training to a group that had formerly been barely capable of doing any damage - because the Bathists saw the Jihadists as allies of opportunity.

This history is readily available to anyone who wishes to learn it. However the fact that so few seem to want to probably speaks far more to the problems we face as a species than does the fact that we seem to be far more in love with the ideas of subjugating, condemning and murdering one another than we are with the idea of actually stepping out of our own biases.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Possibly he didn`t mean to,but Isis was enabled by the stupid overthrow of Qadaffi-who was warning the west and begging for help.that was a stupid mistake,as was The Red Line in Syria and the dumbass overthrow of Saddam.Supporting the Muslim brotherhood in Eygpt was equally stupid.Trump predicted the mess we would have from the Gulf war,maybe He`s smarter than the elite want you to believe.If only He would act smarter and calm the hell down.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Well which is it did it evolve under his watch or did he found it? Next Trump will say we never went to the moon and you will say well the moon landings weren't "filmed on the moon per se".....
edit on 11-8-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Does HRC and many factions in the ME not support refugees en mass to the United States?

The answer is no, no one is supporting "refugees en mass" to the United States.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The Bathists, largely secular and self-interested grudgingly joined with the Salafist, bringing military experience and training to a group that had formerly been barely capable of doing any damage - because the Bathists saw the Jihadists as allies of opportunity.

This history is readily available to anyone who wishes to learn it. However the fact that so few seem to want to probably speaks far more to the problems we face as a species than does the fact that we seem to be far more in love with the ideas of subjugating, condemning and murdering one another than we are with the idea of actually stepping out of our own biases.

Bravo! I pointed this basic fact out earlier ...

... one can see the utter lack of concern about the truth here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join