It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You addressed me, not Trump.
Your post is a blatant attempt to glom back on to the credibility you threw away by claiming LMGTFY doesn't "work" and by refusing to drop the mainstream media line spoon fed to you by CNN. This is astonishingly hypocritical of you, given your penchant for railing against mainstream sources for anything.

I know I am addressing you, not Trump. Trump is not here, so why would I address him? I have no idea who you think you are addressing, given that I never rail against mainstream sources. If you have never had a link on ATS time out before, you must be very fortunate indeed. I don't see how having a link time out would damage one's credibility. On the other hand, not realizing that the sarcastic link does not address the issue is extremely damaging.

The Secret Service, like other Federal agencies, must take a very neutral stance concerning presidential candidates. It would be inappropriate to reveal potentially damaging episodes to the public. Telling a campaign staff that their candidate may be putting Secret Service lives at stake by his rhetoric is not something that they would officially disclose. Nevertheless, they would not be acting responsibly if they did not speak informally and privately with Trump's staff.

I'm surprised that you do not know how to parse official statements. CNN made it clear that their informant was speaking off the record, and therefore it was not an official Secret Service statement. The "clarification," on the record, was careful to specify that no talks were held formally. In other words, they did not pull out their badges and read them their rights. They just bought them a beer and told them that they need to keep their monkey in line before they are forced to act officially.

Nowhere does the Secret Service say that the story is a fabrication. Why do you think it is?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It is not the SS's responsibility to state a news story was fraudulent. They say the conversation didn't happen.

Again, ironic to find you standing behind CNN's empty and baseless statements. It's as if the mainstream media is utterly unbelievable - unless they are talking about Trump.

Harte

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
It is not the SS's responsibility to state a news story was fraudulent. They say the conversation didn't happen.

Again, ironic to find you standing behind CNN's empty and baseless statements. It's as if the mainstream media is utterly unbelievable - unless they are talking about Trump.

Harte

And I find it ironic that you do not understand basic English. They did not say "the conversation didn't happen."

<< 6  7  8   >>

join