It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside down flag outside of Dunkin Donuts "prank"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Apparently, I have to repeat myself.

"It represents all the people who died, defending your right to say stupid sh**."
Can you even understand what I'm implying? Or will I actually have to spell it out for you?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, it's like old Charlie said once: this ain't no rag it's a flag and we don't wear it on our head. FOR FRAK'S SAKE why is this news? Why am i responding to such total bullocks, anyway? I'm a junk news junkie. My god. I need a life. Bye, Felicia.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
No, it's not "just a flag".
It represents all the people who died, defending your right to say stupid sh**.

Those people died for the corporations that shed their blood for profit. They use the flag, nationalism and euphemistic slogans to convince you that war is some noble enterprise. The only enterprise is profit.

Thats why they take enlisted men young, they are moldable.

Edit: It doesn't matter which century or which war, war is always the same. Highly recommended series called Apocalypse, World War One for those that are open to seeing things in a truthful light.

edit on 10-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

"It represents all the people who died, defending your right to say stupid sh**."
Can you even understand what I'm implying? Or will I actually have to spell it out for you?

No. The government we haven't yet lost represents that. The flag represents the country as it currently stands, not the actions taken to get to that spot. Case in point, flying a flag upside down is a symbol of distress at that moment. Not a symbol of historical distress.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Any so called "American" who poo-poos a citizens right and duty to fly the stars and stripes upside down in times of distress should be tried for treason. IMO

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
And when the wind blows the other way, or you're standing on the other side of the pole from the media, and the stars are in the top right instead of the top left...

Does that make you the bad guy?

We actually have some important issues to attend to right now. The government is actively involved in overthrowing the country with propaganda while the press panders to whoever has more of the made up money that currently runs almost every government on the planet.
The house is on fire and you're watering the plants.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Any so called "American" who poo-poos a citizens right and duty to fly the stars and stripes upside down in times of distress should be tried for treason. IMO

Is it a time of actual distress, or are people just being a bit more hot headed than usual because we're in the middle of election season?

Faking a distress call is analogous to faking a 911 call.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As a not US american it´s kind of "funny" to see how drilled US citizens are to love their flag.
It´s the same kind of flag cult as in former Nazi Germany, or in China, North Corea and all these "wonderful" nations.
It seems that this colored piece of cloth is an "holy" idol for some people.

For people that criticize their government that uses the same flag, doing everything they do in the name of the flag.
If you really love your flag like this, wouldn´t it be necessary to remove your flag from those politicians you critize?
For not US citizens it looks as if everyone that is obediant to the US flag is obediant to the US government, that´s the reason why not US(or former Nazi Germany, China, North Corea...) citizens can´t understand that flag cult.

It was done so much evil under this flag, inside of the US and around the world, how can one be proud of such a peace of cloth? One needs to be drilled to be that obediant, to "love" a colored piece of cloth. For somebody from "outside" this flag cult is kind of ridiculous.

In Europe nobody needs to see flags everywhere(maybe to be reminded where you are?) OK, in the east european rightwinger states it might be different, but in the more civilized parts of Europe flags are the same as religions for the majority of the people, useless, needless. Kind of embarrassing medieaval times crap. Only good for sport events, maybe.

Care for the people around you instead of caring about a piece of cloth, or "gods", idols, religious or political cults!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Just because your country SUCKS anf you have no pride in where you live dosent mean others do not. I have been all over Europe and I hate to tell you people in eirooe are very proud of thier country. With the exception of countries like france. But than again they just don't have a lot to be proud of. As for your misguided view of history I'd say your country may also need to invest in education that may be part of th problem.

But you know what's funniest about your comments is that currently in Europe Nations are doing just opisit of what you belowe to be true. More and more Europe and are looking at thr works with a Nationalist approach look at Brexit or what's going on in Germany. Germans have had enough and want to take back there country.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Ok, so you want to tell me what germans want?
You mean those little minority of rightwinger idiots in eastern germany?
These are not the german people, that is a very little minority of the people in germany, with no power, and they will not get into power, except in eastern germany, that nobody in the more civilized parts of germany takes really seriously.
It´s some rednecks living far away from the civilisations in their towns, they have to travel to the citites to gather, with some thousands to raise their flags, getting less and less in numbers. Their beloved "Not Nazi, but..." party AfD is destroying itself.

I never said that nobody here is proud of germany, we did some good things too, like not falling for the WMD lie and taking part in the illegal Iraq war. That´s something we can be proud of. I talked about flags, and you mix it up, that´s what i meant with conditioned, drilled to love flags. A country and it´s people is not it´s flag!

Misguided view of my country? Oh, i remember those flag panning masses in Berlin and elsewhere in germany, some decades ago, and we learned from our history and mistakes! And again, i talked about flags, and you act as i had critized germany the whole time. But i just told about how funny it is like some people love a piece of clothes they didn´t design themselves, didn´t craft themselves, just have to use what others developed long ago.

So you have travelled around Europe, then please tell me in which nations you saw flags at every house, at every car(sticker), at every supermarket and fast food restaurant, at every gas station, kindergarten, school, corporation, police station... at every place where is space enough for a flag post?

You are right with german people wanting to have their country back, from US obedient political puppets, from greedy and wealthy families, from millionaires and billionaires, from Banksters, from multinational coprorations, from domestic and foreign spying services. And we do want to get rid off those little minority of rednecks that let´s us look in the world as we never learned something from our past.

Those rightwingers who want a Nazi germany back would be in the most cases those people that would have to bite the dust first, when the Nazis are in power again. Like those rightwingers you talk about(guess those are the people you mean that want their country back), living from social welfare and voting for a party that wants to cut social welfare first when they would come to power. That are parts of our country one can´t be proud of, but that are only parts.

But again, i just talked about the flag cult, read again what i wrote, maybe it helps you to understand!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

oh please spell it out.
it may represent those things to you but it does not mean the same thing for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: dragonridr
Ok, so you want to tell me what germans want?
You mean those little minority of rightwinger idiots in eastern germany?
These are not the german people, that is a very little minority of the people in germany, with no power, and they will not get into power, except in eastern germany, that nobody in the more civilized parts of germany takes really seriously.
It´s some rednecks living far away from the civilisations in their towns, they have to travel to the citites to gather, with some thousands to raise their flags, getting less and less in numbers. Their beloved "Not Nazi, but..." party AfD is destroying itself.

I never said that nobody here is proud of germany, we did some good things too, like not falling for the WMD lie and taking part in the illegal Iraq war. That´s something we can be proud of. I talked about flags, and you mix it up, that´s what i meant with conditioned, drilled to love flags. A country and it´s people is not it´s flag!

Misguided view of my country? Oh, i remember those flag panning masses in Berlin and elsewhere in germany, some decades ago, and we learned from our history and mistakes! And again, i talked about flags, and you act as i had critized germany the whole time. But i just told about how funny it is like some people love a piece of clothes they didn´t design themselves, didn´t craft themselves, just have to use what others developed long ago.

So you have travelled around Europe, then please tell me in which nations you saw flags at every house, at every car(sticker), at every supermarket and fast food restaurant, at every gas station, kindergarten, school, corporation, police station... at every place where is space enough for a flag post?

You are right with german people wanting to have their country back, from US obedient political puppets, from greedy and wealthy families, from millionaires and billionaires, from Banksters, from multinational coprorations, from domestic and foreign spying services. And we do want to get rid off those little minority of rednecks that let´s us look in the world as we never learned something from our past.

Those rightwingers who want a Nazi germany back would be in the most cases those people that would have to bite the dust first, when the Nazis are in power again. Like those rightwingers you talk about(guess those are the people you mean that want their country back), living from social welfare and voting for a party that wants to cut social welfare first when they would come to power. That are parts of our country one can´t be proud of, but that are only parts.

But again, i just talked about the flag cult, read again what i wrote, maybe it helps you to understand!

What apparently is beyond your comprehension is a flag is a represention of national pride. As for speaking for Germans being one myself I think I'm on pretty safe ground there. I actually still have a home In Darmstadt. Judoing from your post I would guess you to be an FDP supporter. And we'll let's face it they get almost no support in Germany.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Repeat it like a mantra if you want. I won't block your right to say it. I love all humans, not just the ones in my country. Right now our government is allowing corporations to pave over the world and killing everyone who stands in their way. Allowing oil companies, banks, and alphabet agencies to name their own terms. All humans suffer from these pathological criminals.

The flag is their team jersey. They want you to rally behind that symbol to create a sense of pride that their most heinous acts can't abate. They know that you won't call them out because they hide behind this symbol that means the world to you. It is a trap.

What is the difference between a person who rallies behind the american flag, and a person who rallies behing the british flag? Nothing except geographical location. They want you divided into teams though. Keep doing their work for them.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, syria. Which one of those countries was a threat to my freedom of speech?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join