It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a stickied post at the top of every forum giving a brief synopsis...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
... of what said forum is for and about. Giving people more of an idea of what topics belong in what forums. I know there have been times I was uncertain where to post things, as well as times where being unsure has caused me not to bother at all.

It can be a bit confusing at times is all.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've seen it as that. I've also seena brief description at the top of every category page, a sentence or two. Why they scrapped that I dunno./
edit on 10-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The thing is, there used to be one (a description of the forum) in the old design in the first place.

Bringing it back would surely help not only the newbies but also those who don't post much in some forums.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They're still there in every forum list.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There used to be one of those descriptions visible at the top of every thread, relating to the relevant forum.
They were very useful, especially in ambiguous cases like the difference between "Predictions and Prophecies" and "Dreams and Predictions". I remember that the first forum was supposed to be for discussing predictions published elsewhere (Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Revelation), while the member's own personal predictions were supposed to go in the second.
Who knows that kind of thing now? How do the Mods enforce the relevant boundaries?
Yes, by all means bring them back.

edit on 10-8-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Obviously they are, one not at the top, and two not very noticeable or obvious or this discussion wouldn't be here.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Click the forum name. At the top of each forum are two descriptions. One is older, one is more recent. They're there. We redid them a year or two ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There are some forums that missed out on a blurb/sticky.

We can put them on a to do list.

...and see if we can't make the existing titles more obvious with edits and liberal use of ##### and !!!!!.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

LOL thanks, I thought I was going crazy, blind or stupid... maybe all of the above

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Zaph's right and you're right.

Most forums have a sticky thread and a few don't.

Some have several rule-book stickies and might be better off with one ####clear#### one.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah I noticed that while looking. Can be kinda confusing. Either that or I'm lazy... or both... definitely both.

new topics

top topics

join