It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Incoming Belgian Flights Iniate Bomb Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Two incoming flights to Brussels have initiated bomb alerts. Breaking news so not much details yet. Emergency planes have gone into place according to officials. That's about it.

www.breakingnews.com...

www.lesoir.be...

Second link is not English. Just the source from the first alert.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

At least one alert seemed to have been called in, not just some panic switch. Not in expert on how these things are handled. Apparently the Captain of one came from the passenger compartment and said there may be a bomb on board. Already sounding strange. The article only mentions info from one plane though.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One is SAS and is on the ground.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DinobotIV

Probably false alarm, the rumour of a bomb in 2 planes spreaded on twitter and in times like these they have to take everything serious. Both planes are on ground and everyone got out safely.

Belgian newssource:
deredactie.be...
edit on 10-8-2016 by ElectricFeel because: source

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

I certainly hope it is a false alarm. I'm just curious how it plays out. To be honest i've been waiting all day for something to happen. There is far more important stuff happening that we need to forget about.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Somethings a bit off.

From the comments section below the link:

Just wondering what purpose is served when the pilot tells passengers there might be a bomb in the plane. How is that going to help?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That really hit me as odd. My first crazy thought is that it makes a big scene on this side of town so they get a chance to do something on the other side of town.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My first thought was its a hoax, usually bombs are detected when they go off.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Serously, when was the last time a bomb threat actually turned out to be real? One of the Speed movies? lol. I honestly don't know of one that actually was a warned-about threat and then went off. I'm sure there had to be some.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Emergency alert lifted. Everyone is safe on both planes. Now back to dreaming of No Man's Sky.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DinobotIV

Emergency alert lifted. Everyone is safe on both planes. Now back to dreaming of No Man's Sky.

Yes,
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A third plane diverted to Tolouse with a medical emergency. It seems both bomb threat planes were on alert 20 minutes before landing.
edit on 10-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Nothing breaking for me, the moon is again in Scorpio. We are lucky if we pass only with this.

new topics

top topics

join