It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior German ministers call for ban on wearing the burqa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Sure, if you think so. Have you been in Germany or do you just now your stuff from the inter of nets?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Is Germany correct to go down this road, or is it throwing away the rights of men to set the rules on what women should wear?

HELL NO! This is a violation of freedom of religion. Can we disapprove of Muslims having their women wear this? Yes, but at no point is it appropriate to tell them that their religiously sanctioned clothing is a legal no go.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I've seen people defend raping of young boys by men in Afghanistan as saying, "It's their country, their rules".

Guess what?

Germany. Their country. Their rules.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Cant ban the Burkas with out banning Lederhosen!

Stands to reason really considering our freedom to do as we please.

Our respective nations are better than that. We represent freedom of both choice and religious tolerance for all!

Banning things it what ISIS and there like do, that's not our way surly?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Sure, if you think so. Have you been in Germany or do you just now your stuff from the inter of nets?

I learned it from you when you said you "can't call someone an asshole in public".

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: grainofsand

Urm..perhaps because Muslims are the main social demographic...

...villified in the media about every damn thing. The perceived enemy to justify more war, yes.

Burkas is just one indicator of that.

Yet more deflection from you, I ask again, why should any social demographic get a free pass to wear disguises and evade facial recognition?
No more deflection, just explain why belief in a sky fairy of any flavour should exempt people from the same surveillance issues as everyone else.

Wars in the ME blah blah yeah you bang on about it, those wars did not result in the creation of burka's, so go on answer the straight question I've asked you consistently in this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would refuse serving someone hiding his face in my store (I don´t have one) anyday. Regardless if he´s atheist, or a religious believer. The real reason for the burka is opression. You know, that muslims are allowed to lie to "others" for every reason they can come up with. This was told to me last spring when I was in egypt. I thought I had friends there but the only one honest enough to really speak the truth was this one.

The idea is simply that women have to hide so men can´t get dirty thoughts. That´s typical thought pattern for this culture. The women is mostly to blame for everything. For the men to use as an excuse to be the animals they want to be. It has zero to do with respect towards the women and everything to do with men keeping their belongings in row.

At least that´s how it mainly is in the arabic muslim community.
If you are not dressed to the standards in an arabic country, as a women, they feel they are free to do whatever with you. I´ve been to egypt for decades and fell for this whole "protect the beauty" bull#.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Out of that phrase you learned that germany is a dystopian fascist state? I hope you don´t always draw your false conclusions so fast.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Out of that phrase you learned that germany is a dystopian fascist state? I hope you don´t always draw your false conclusions so fast.

If you can't call someone an asshole in public, you live in a dystopian fascist state.

There is no debate to be had.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

If you can't call someone an asshole in public, you live in a dystopian fascist state.

There is no debate to be had.

That would be the UK then in your definition because under section 5 of the public order act it is:

an offence to use “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour” or to display “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within the hearing or sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress

The UK is also in the premier league for facial recognition CCTV and ANPR cameras so again I wonder why a particular social demographic gets a free pass to wear a disguise when people who don't believe in their particular sky fairy do not.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Can I punch you in the face afterwards without being sued? No? Then you live in a dystopian fascist state, too!
See how we can play that on and on?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Heres a though. make tighter fitting burkas so they cant hide stuff underneath them. Satisfies both parties. Make them loose around the naughty bits though.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

LoL Would that kind of not defeat the point of the clothing in question?

Its supposed to hide a females appearance and demure.

Here is another thought, how about see through Burkas, oh wait, is that not a rain mack? LoL
edit on 10-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Of course you can do that, no one will hold you back. Just see what happens. This does not protect you from revenge either. It´s civilism to not insult other people, but I guess you need to learn that first.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So is there anyone reading this thread who fancies explaining/defending why a social demographic gets an exemption from facial recognition cameras because they happen to believe in a particular flavour of sky fairy?

Government surveillance applies to us all equally as far as would see things, why the exemptions for any religious faith.
I'm just taking the equality argument here, I think all religions are equally unverifiable bull# as well, but some get a free pass from government surveillance.
Nope, that is clear discrimination against non-believers.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

To start, I think facial recognition cameras are a violation of rights.

But I'm American. If I don't get to shoot something every 2 hours, I get cranky.

Some nations do have these systems.
Other nations have other laws.

If Gernan leadership wants to ban the burka, why say different?

I think that if you're going to another country, another culture, you should respect that culture. Women are forced to wear head scarves etc in Middle East countries and we don't say "boo" about it.
People from Middle East countries should just suck it up if they go outside of their culture.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To start, I think facial recognition cameras are a violation of rights.

I completely agree, it is why I object to the discriminatory free pass belief in a certain sky fairy gets you to wear a disguise when others can not.

People from Middle East countries should just suck it up if they go outside of their culture.

Again agreed.
If the state wishes surveillance for it's citizens then all citizens should expect equality of being able to evade it.
edit on 10.8.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's pretty simple.

If you want to live in European countries, you will have to get assimilated and accept our laws and rules. If you refuse, then, go back home.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The wearing of the burqa is supposedly to protect the women from rape as it seems the Muslim male is so completely unable to control himself that even the sight of a woman's hair is enough to cause him to drop his pants......and yet Muslim women are still raped. Doesn't exactly work as intended does it? So the point of it is what exactly?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yet more deflection from you, I ask again, why should any social demographic get a free pass to wear disguises and evade facial recognition?

Meh, you make it sound like its facial recognition, but really this is religious persecution. Thats what I stand against. Not some stupid 'deflection' concerning cultural dress or habit. You didn't address making sun glasses illegal either.

Besides I already said on page one its about ID'ing people.

Last round about with you on this. Go stand on a corner and tear off burkas if it makes you feel better. Take their biometrics, fingerprint them, rummage their belongings. You won't stop the next terror attack wth all that, not that any tear attacks recently involved damn burkas.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join