It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Made Me Sick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Last night I drank a quarter-cup of habanero pepper vodka, two cans of diet orange soda and ate two small pizzas and six Oreo cookies. I woke at about 1:30 a.m. feeling pretty awful and with a stomach ache. I was wondering which of these things, if any of them, caused it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why are you drinking diet pop with cookies? Your stomach is confused

a reply to: Junkheap

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Last night I drank a quarter-cup of habanero pepper vodka = Acid
two cans of diet orange soda = Acid
and ate two small pizzas = Fatty foods = Acid
and six Oreo cookies. = Refined sugar = Acid

Avoid acidic foods as much as possible, especially before bedtime.
edit on 10-8-2016 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, way too much acid. Its also possible that you were dehydrated which didn't help the acid intake.

Try drinking water if you've been doing the alcohol thing before bed, and maybe some pretzles or bread.

Hope you're feeling better!

-Alee

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hey man, remember not to eat those stomach meds, will get alzheimer.

Edit- or was it plain old dementia.
edit on 10-8-2016 by solve because: WHAT? WHOM?!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If he only drank some milk and then took a picture of his stool sample

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
all of it did! wth man lol habanero vodka? that sounds like yuck

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Really? This is an actual question?

Answer: All of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sounds like your food pyramid was built by aliens from the planet S*** Diet.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Try drinking water if you've been doing the alcohol thing before bed, and maybe some pretzles or bread.

Hope you're feeling better!

Sounds like a good idea. I think I'll be avoiding this combo in the future. I had to watch an hour of Netflix before I could get back to sleep.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Haha sick?

Lightweight.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ah, I've been there. I used to never get hung over but I think i destroyed my kidneys when I was younger. I can't even drink one beer without projectile vomiting the next day anymore. Water and bread items seems to be the only thing that helps me if I consume them after drinking and before bed.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The only truly dangerous chemicals in that bizarre mix come from the diet soda. My bet would be on that, unless the pizza was from the place down the street from me, in which case, they know nothing about food safety, and you got food poisoning.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sunkist orange soda: high fructose corn syrup and sugar. The soda also contains caffeine, citric acid and sodium benzoate. Other ingredients include modified food starch, glycerol ester of wood rosin, ascorbic acid and yellow and red dyes.

Yummers! As others have said, I'd guess you discovered the perfect storm of ingredients never to be combined again.

I will turn 60 next year. I am now cashing the checks my younger self wrote without a care. Don't be like me and everyone else who only started being mindful of their intake once there was a defined problem.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sounds like an episode of some Alton Brown game/dare show!

Try some fiber. Try some grains. "Diet" isn't. Oreos = sugar + Crisco. Habanero vodka is good, but try with tomato juice.

So that leaves the 'za. Did you cook them all the way through? Were they frozen or did you find them lying in the street? Did you order them for delivery (used to be 30 minutes or less until some geniuses started crashing their delivery vehicles)? Those details can do a lot to help answer your question.

Variety jh is the key. And do not eat that crap before going to bed! If you stuck to just the vodka you might have made it!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I didn't think to ask... Were they standard Oreos, or one of those awful trial flavors like "Fruit Punch-Raw Chicken Delight?"

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Define "small pizza". How many inches was the pizza?

new topics

top topics

join